• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buy A Timeshare.com

elmomtwo

Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with Buy A Timeshare.com? I've talked to a sales person from this company about selling my timeshare. They sound legit but do want some money upfront for "advertising."

Last edited by a moderator:

Xan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare resales

Whatever you do, do NOT pay any company upfront to sell your timeshare!

They will take your money and will not do much else.

Your best bet is to join TUG and advertise yourself. Ask on the forums for help in suggesting a escrow/closing company, and check out the fees. Then determine if seller or buyer pays those costs or split the costs.

What resort do you own at? (Don't post sale info, that is for the classifieds).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
There are legitimate companies out there listing timeshares for sale and understandably will want an upfront fee for their efforts.

I go to their site everyday looking for a timeshare.

When you deal with them as a seller you know upfront what they will charge and what they will do. You can look at their site and see other units listed there and the asking prices.

The general warning to not pay upfront fees is not good advice for a company like this in my opinion.

Even RedWeek.com charges a fee to advertise a unit for rent or sale.

I think the whole thing is going to boil down to a realistic asking price where ever you look to place your ad.

I have noticed that when I do my google search, buyatimeshare.com, redweek.com and others come up, the Classified ads on TUG do not. If you feel they will give you good exposure for your money go for it.

If you price your unit too high you won't sell it anywhere.

The unit I'm looking for has been listed there for $1,500 up to $12,000 for the exact same ownership. The one that was listed for $1,500 recently sold and the $12,000 one is still sitting there and will be for a long, long time.

I'm too cheap to even pay the low price RedWeek wants for an ad so I've use the TUG BBS, TUG Classifieds, eBay Classifieds, Craig's List, and on line forums for the resorts I've owned, so personally I would not use them unless all the other free choices didn't pan out.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it depends upon what you're trying to sell/transfer.

For me, it doesn't make much sense (as a buyer) to try to sift through all the unrealistic selling prices on buy a timeshare . com, at least on Wyndham properties. Might there be a diamond in the rough there? Perhaps. But I just don't have time to try to keep finding it.

Pricing the property correctly and getting exposure are the keys. If your listing is buried by hundreds of listings at exorbitant prices, the buyer who might be interested at your (realistic) price might not ever get to it.

Can you filter at buy a timeshare? yes, but how many people will do that to drop out all the listings of timeshares priced at 10 to 100 times market value. As an example, there are a number of Wyndham Panama City Beach listings. However, when you screen for "minimum 154K points" and "max price $10K" only 1 listing makes the cut - 233K contract at $7K. Keep in mind this is the BEST contract listed there. That's at least 4 times the real value.

I still think redweek and ebay are the best bets for buyers and sellers.