• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Lifetime Vacations Consultants, Pittsfield, MA or Timeshare Closing LLC, PA]

Nautica

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Lifetime Vacations Consultants from Pittsfield, Ma or Timeshare Closing LLC from Pa are legitimate?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Did they contact you with an offer to buy your timeshare?

There is a simple rule of thumb with timeshare business offers:

If they are asking you to pay ANY FEES (more than a $30 listing fee) then it's bogus. Reputable brokers deduct all fees from the proceeds of the sale.

Many times, they will come up with a fee that sounds Legit, but it's NOT:
taxes, closing costs, commission, refundable fee, escrow fee, etc.

Tell them to take it out of the proceeds of the sale, and they will make all kinds of excuses about why they can't do that....and then disappear....

Nautica

Reaction score
The deal was the sale of my RCI timeshare- weeks program to a points program to eliminate the maintenance fees. Want to know if this is legitimate? This is through Florida Vacation Villas Club.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The deal was the sale of my RCI timeshare- weeks program to a points program to eliminate the maintenance fees. Want to know if this is legitimate? This is through Florida Vacation Villas Club.

How exactly do they intend to "eliminate the maintenance fees"? What you might save in MFs you would pay for with fees to this company in question.

And then who would pay the MFs on your TS? If no one else does, the resort suffers and, ultimately, all the other owners at that resort because they will have to, in whole or in part, pay the share of the MFs that your interval should have paid.

What are you hoping to accomplish by using this company?

Nautica

Reaction score
This company would buy my timeshare which would eliminate my maintenance fees in exchange I move to a points program.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
This company would buy my timeshare which would eliminate my maintenance fees in exchange I move to a points program.

So instead of paying maintenance fees on a owned week you would be paying maintenance fees on points.

I don't get it. Stay away from it. If it sounds too good to be true……

Bill4728

Reaction score

So instead of paying maintenance fees on a owned week you would be paying maintenance fees on points.

I don't get it. Stay away from it. If it sounds too good to be true……
Almost always when a company says they can move you to points it means for a significant amount of money they will convert you to points but you'll still own you TS.

NOT A GOOD IDEA if you want to get rid of your TS.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
IPSO FACTO: Resorts have to collect MF to exist!

IPSO FACTO: Promoters have to extricate money from people to pay their bills.

How long they been in business, do they have verifable street address, what is BBB rating?

Pitts

Reaction score
I have the same question as Nautica. We went to the meeting at that restaurant in Pittsfield a few weeks back. Wish we knew about tug then. Yes, we fell for it, although have not figured out if we regret it...yet. Does anybody on tug know this outfit? Lifetime Vacation Consultants.

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reread prior posts. Read other threads with same modus operandi , just different names.

There are no benevolent TS Fairies that lay golden eggs under pillow like tooth Fairy.

For the most part TSs are worthless and giving a scammer money will not enhance value only enrich him/her.

Tuggers do not pull any punches when it comes to scammers and shills!:cheer:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I have the same question as Nautica. We went to the meeting at that restaurant in Pittsfield a few weeks back. Wish we knew about tug then. Yes, we fell for it, although have not figured out if we regret it...yet. Does anybody on tug know this outfit? Lifetime Vacation Consultants.

Since you signed up with them you are in a position to tell us what the deal really is.

What did you give them in the way of a TS?

Did the TS get transfered out of your name?

What did they charge you to transfer to a points system?

How much do you have to pay them each year or is it only when you use a week?

So far it looks like you are the only one here who know anything about them so please fill us in so we can examine how they operate.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Does anyone know if Lifetime Vacations Consultants from Pittsfield, Ma or Timeshare Closing LLC from Pa are legitimate?
This is a scam, and you will still be liable for all maintenance fees at your current resort. If your timeshare is worthless, as most are, no one is going to sell it, and so the fees will go right back to the person who is trying to dump it, and that is YOU, not this company. Don't fall for the sales pitch. These guys think every timeshare owner is stupid because we bought timeshares in the first place.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
The good news is that the company is incorporated in the state of MA. Unfortunately, that is the only good news I could find.

The bad news is that is was incorporated only on January 21, 2014. There is nothing on the web for them. I couldn't even find a website. The address for the company as stated on their corporation docs is not found in Google (770 WILLIAMS ST PLAZA PITTSFIELD, MA). Another address found on the web "yellow pages" is a single family residence.

The President of the company is a Philip J Constantino. Not sure if it is the same guy but there was a Phillip Constantino from Ludlow, MA who was arrested and charged with a felony in 2011. He was wearing a lamp shade on his head as he attempted a burglary, seriously. Article below.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/07/springfield_police_said_allege.html

mtforeman

TUG Member
Reaction score

I am really interested in hearing the details of your transaction. If the place is that shady, and you find out, you might be able to get out of the contract, particularly if they haven't followed through on their promises.

My mother got suckered into a vacation club (she didn't turn over her timeshare but instead "bought in") that enabled her to use the club for vacations. Most units available were off season units. While there was only a club fee yearly for a couple hundred, the cost of each week after all the transaction fees were added in came to 8-1000, and this is mostly off season at places where rent is cheaper.

They also offered their version of RCI Last Call, which is what really sold them on it. $249/week or so. Oh, and it cost them 5k for a 5 year membership.

Anyway, I explained to them that I could get her a 5 year pass so that I could book all the extra vacations she wanted through RCI "Last Call" and the pass was only $150 for 5 years! After that we carefully disengaged from the company and got her OUT.

Interestingly, the laws about rescinding were a bit fuzzy when you didn't actually buy a timeshare. . . but fear of Internet reprisal was a motivator for them.

mtforeman

TUG Member
Reaction score

It looks like "Timeshare Closing LLC" has been listed with BBB since 2003 and has an A+ rating. Are they a separate entity or just providing transfer services for the other company?

Pitts

Reaction score
Timeshare Closing LLC seems OK, but Lifetime Vacations Consultants makes me wonder. The rap is that companies like the will sell the deed to the timeshare to anybody on the street, just to get it off their hands. The buyer has no intention of making maintenance payments. So, until a foreclosure takes place, the resort where the timeshare is located is out both (1) the ability to sell/use/deposit the week, and (2) the maintenance fees.

It seems like Lifetime VC can deliver (emphasis: SEEMS), but at an exorbitant price, and something that we might have been able to do ourselves. Not sure if we can get out of the contract, though. The intrigue continues.

WP PA PAPA

Reaction score
We need to be sure

We have been offered a "buyout" of our timeshare in Virginia Beach by this company and frankly I'm not convinced they will follow up on all their promises.

If anyone has had actual experience with LVC, out of Pittsfield, MA , I also would like to know the truth of your experience.

Did they get the TS legally out of your name and responsibility?

Are you no longer liable for MFs from your original TS?

Were there any "hidden" fees?

What was the time frame to get things done?

What has your experience been with the "Pure Points" system.

Thank you. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
No experienced TUG member would accept this offer - please read the posts in the thread.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
We have been offered a "buyout" of our timeshare in Virginia Beach by this company and frankly I'm not convinced they will follow up on all their promises.

If anyone has had actual experience with LVC, out of Pittsfield, MA , I also would like to know the truth of your experience.

Did they get the TS legally out of your name and responsibility?

Are you no longer liable for MFs from your original TS?

Were there any "hidden" fees?

What was the time frame to get things done?

What has your experience been with the "Pure Points" system.

Thank you. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I know nothing about them. However, their website states:

"This RCI "Pure Points" enhanced product is the result of a special relationship between RCI and Florida Vacation Villas Club."

Their about us page says they have a partnership with RCI Points, Inc. That website was created only a short time before this other outfit. Makes me wonder if they REALLY have "partnership" with the real RCI. You could always call RCI directly and ask them if they have a partnership with this company or Florida Vacation Villas Club. If they say no, run away fast.

lathamts

Reaction score
How did this turn out? We just went to a presentation and signed up but still have 7 days to get out of it. We really want to get rid of the time share - lots of financial exposure at our property. Did they actually transfer your timeshare?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
have you read the posts on this thread?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How did this turn out? We just went to a presentation and signed up but still have 7 days to get out of it. We really want to get rid of the time share - lots of financial exposure at our property. Did they actually transfer your timeshare?

GET OUT OF IT - there is zero chance that this is Legit. You will need to stop the payment on your end, because it's extremely unlikely that they will give you the money back willingly. You need to dispute it with your credit card.

mimawyss

Reaction score
Hi you have been with this company now for 6 months. How are things going. I to have been offered to join. Is this a good idea? Please let me know what you think. thanks