• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are there really any buyers out there now?

cvocke

TUG Member
Reaction score
A potential buyer has asked me this "Is your RCI Points Membership included in your sale?"

I thought that by buying the unit, which is an RCI Points unit, the buyer would become a member, but that MY membership is not transferrable. Can anyone answer this question?

Chris

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
New Owner Needs To Get A New RCI Points Membership.

A potential buyer has asked me this "Is your RCI Points Membership included in your sale?"

I thought that by buying the unit, which is an RCI Points unit, the buyer would become a member, but that MY membership is not transferrable. Can anyone answer this question?
You keep your RCI Points membership. New owner starts a new RCI Points membership ($124).

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

cvocke

TUG Member
Reaction score
You keep your RCI Points membership. New owner starts a new RCI Points membership ($124).

Can I transfer points I have banked to the new owner?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Call Up & Ask.

Can I transfer points I have banked to the new owner?
I think so.

To be sure, call up somebody at RCI Points -- (877) 968-7476 -- & ask how to arrange for that.

I'm on "hold" with RCI Points right now while they try to find out what happened to my PFD points deposited April 2010 that aren't showing up in my on-line points balance.

The RCI person said today is Day One of my 2010 use year, so it might take 24 hours or so for the 2009 carryover to show up. I'll check back tomorrow & see if that turns out to be correct.

cvocke

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI points membership CAN transfer to new owner

[/RIGHT]

I took your advice and called RCI. You CAN transfer RCI Points Memberships for $100. Advantages to new owner - they receive your points, and only pay the transfer fee and no conversion fee at the resort. There is a form available on rci.com 'Membership Transfer Application'.

mariarios.cr

Reaction score
There are !!

[Soliciting in the discussion forums is not permitted. - Click on TUG Marketplace in the red bar at the top of the page. - DeniseM Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: