• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

High Country family ski destination

tripTX

Reaction score
We've been HCC members since this summer and are starting to plan a big family ski vacation. (This would be for next ski season, not this coming one) We would need one of the 4 BR locations to accommodate everyone. I'd appreciate any input other members have about previous experiences at these locations.

We've already got a summer trip planned for the Breckenridge Lodge, so we'd prefer to try one of the other units closer to a ski village. We also aren't used to driving in the snow, so it would be great if we could walk most places.

If I'm right, that probably leaves the Keystone units, Winter Park, and Steamboat Springs. Can anyone offer suggestions, advantages, disadvantages of these? Any info is appreciated!

Tedpilot

Reaction score
Talk to Chris at HCC about how many people Beaver Creek Village Hall will actually sleep. Last I counted was 6 as there was not a hidden sofa in the basement gameroom. If you could fit everyone in there it would certaily be the best place to stay if you don't like to drive. Other than that, if pure size is a determining factor Breck Lodge is the way to go or Winter Park. Keep in mind that some units such as Keystone East are on shuttle routes and they actually pick up in front of the unit so you walk less than close in units in the end. Again, Chris can spell out which ones are best for your needs.

Kagehitokiri

Reaction score
ski-in/ski-out townhomes
- keystone 4BR
- telluride 3BR
- beaver creek 3BR

tripTX

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. We actually visited Beaver Creek Village Hall as our first destination. That is a beautiful condo and in a perfect location! I could go back there many times. Wish it would hold the whole family, but I think we're going to need more sleeping quarters.

I'll take your advice and talk to Chris as HCC. When we were at Beaver Creek, we drove to see both Breckenridge locations, both Keystone locations, and Copper Mountain. The Keystone RedHawk townhome was an easy walk to the River Run village and had some pretty views of the slopes. (This is a first-time ski vacation for most family members, so we wanted everyone to experience the village feel)

Winter Park says it is directly across the street from the village, but we didn't get to see that location. I didn't know how its setting compared to Keystone. Based on the HCC locations we've seen, I'm sure they chose a nice location with some ambience. Just want to make a good choice to give the family a great impression of HCC!

Thanks again for the info.

tripTX

Reaction score
Still would love to hear if anyone has stayed at (or seen the location of) the Winter Park townhome.

texdoc

Reaction score
I've been interested in the Winter Park location myself. Any of you Colorado locals or ski bums stayed in the Winter Park location and can give me and TripTX any more info on it? Would be greatly appreciated.