• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

guess thats one way to end a presentation

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'll bet they didn't give him his free gift. :rofl:

Dave

saabman

Reaction score
Just another, albeit more radical, way to say "NO" to a timeshare presentation.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe, all the timeshare update people we get the message "No" I do not want to buy or upgrade to another timeshare and stop calling me during my vacation stay.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sad part is I laughed when I read this even though this should not be a laughing matter. :eek:

gravityrules

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MROP
Which timeshare?

The Colonies at Williamsburg, based on address mentioned.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
didnt see it mentioned in the article, but "james city" apparently covers all of Virginia beach and Norfolk areas...could be one of 10+ resorts in that area.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
No Brian here are the timeshare resorts located in James City County: Marriotts Manor Club, Westgate Resort, The Three Wynham Resorts, (Governor's Green,Kingsgate & Patriots Place), Williamsburg Plantation, The Cottages, The Townes and The Estates @ King Creek Plantation. Holiday Inn The Colonies, Greensprings Vacation Resort, The Historic Powhatan Resort and Colonial Crossings.

cbolto

TUG Member
Reaction score
This guy was a loose canon and a jerk

read the full story, he turned over a table called salesperson names. He sounds like a dumb jerk.

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
No Brian here are the timeshare resorts located in James City County: Marriotts Manor Club, Westgate Resort, The Three Wynham Resorts, (Governor's Green,Kingsgate & Patriots Place), Williamsburg Plantation, The Cottages, The Townes and The Estates @ King Creek Plantation. Holiday Inn The Colonies, Greensprings Vacation Resort, The Historic Powhatan Resort and Colonial Crossings.

I'm betting on Westgate. What is in the 5300 block of Olde Towne Road?

A little searching shows Colonies at Williamsburg:

http://www.vacationvillageresorts.com/VVR/colonies_williamsburg/directions.php

Last edited:

gravityrules

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MROP
The story says he was an 'owner'

Let me change that, the story says he 'is' a timeshare owner ...

Not to defend the guy's actions, but its not hard to imagine situations that might provoke frustration.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Next time, don't haul out a list of resale offers.
Instead, show a copy of this article and ask:
"How much longer is this going to last?"

Last edited:

Picker57

TUG Member
Reaction score
read the full story, he turned over a table called salesperson names. He sounds like a dumb jerk.

It'll be interesting to see whether they can make charges stick, as brandishing a weapon seems to be accepted as a normal exercise of 2nd amendment among these "ammosexuals". Unfortunately being a moron and a jerk isn't a criminal offense.

But I digress. Sorry.

-------------------Zach

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see whether they can make charges stick, as brandishing a weapon seems to be accepted as a normal exercise of 2nd amendment among these "ammosexuals". Unfortunately being a moron and a jerk isn't a criminal offense.

But I digress. Sorry.

-------------------Zach

No digression...

rpw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ko Olina, Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
I think the other part of the article was more interesting

"The episode marks the second time in 13 months that a local timeshare presentation was disrupted by the display of a gun. In September 2013 a man became irate after staff at another timeshare property allegedy refused to take him to his car while the presentation was still in progress."

I've been driven to an "offsite" presentation (I believe it was Lakeshore Reserve during pre construction). Can you imagine saying that their 90 minutes were up and them not taking you back!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
oh the owner is absoultely going to be punished for this...there was no reason whatsoever to brandish a concealed weapon.

his life/property/etc was not in danger...he was just angry. Irresponsible folks like that should not be allowed to carry guns.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
The charge for brandishing a weapon was dropped. He said the gun showed when he was pulling his pants up...yeah, right. His punishment is very minimal. The judges in that area do not want to set any precedents that might interfere with anyone's right to carry a gun. :crash:

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
So, the old "the week you own is worthless and can't be used" line sort of backfired this time around. I can't tell you how many times I've been told, "your original week is worthless unless you upgrade to the new and improved program." It's a lie but it has the potential to tick someone off. With todays liberal gun laws it might not be the best approach for salesmen or others on the same sales floor.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We were told: "Weeks are disappearing. Soon, there won't be enuff left for the float-system."

Me: "You're reselling a resort that was sold-out long ago. I'm not paying 2x for something I already paid for (resale). I'll bet there'll be quite a few of us old codgers who are content to use what we own, float or no float."

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can fully understand the defendant's frustration having been on his side of the timeshare table. I could easily conjure up times I would have loved to have shaken a salesmen who blatantly lied to my face.