• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Verasa Napa earthquake video

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
http://youtu.be/XUyhq62XmtU

I case you were wondering what it is like to wake up at 3:20AM to an evacuation alarm at the Westin Verasa and the sprinklers pouring down... I wonder if Robin will be sleeping sans pajamas again... :D

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ironically, when I heard about the earthquake this morning I immediately considered the odds that you were there.

Anyway, glad to see the building didn't suffer too much and you're all right.

Sent from my iPad

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://youtu.be/XUyhq62XmtU

I case you were wondering what it is like to wake up at 3:20AM to an evacuation alarm at the Westin Verasa and the sprinklers pouring down... I wonder if Robin will be sleeping sans pajamas again... :D

Glad you both are alright.

Was the water from broken pipes and/or the ice machines? Any damage to outside you could see? Is the power still out?

Many wineries suffered a great deal of damage. Sadly, wine prices may rise after this.

Stay safe.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
LOL - that was not us in the video or at Westin in Napa (but thanks for the well wishes) - I was just posting because that video had quickly gone viral., and was searching how Verasa held up - because we stay there often. The comment was me always joking with Robin 'what if we had to evacuate in a hurry? and to keep clothes close by just in case...'

But - it did wake us up (easily) at 3:20am and shook pretty hard for about 15secs - we are about 45miles away from epicenter.

The Westin Versasa looks like they had major water damage from the sprinklers.

Last edited:

dlca1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in napa for a wedding this weekend. I tried to use points at the westin verasa but the only room they had available was going to cost 96,000 points for two nights.

I almost booked the room anyways but am now feeling grateful that I decided against using so many points and just drove home instead.

The bride and groom were staying in a bnb and the windows shattered! Poor owner was crying because she didn't have earthquake insurance

Reaction score
One of the biggest effects of the earthquake: thousands of bottles of Napa Valley wine broken, and barrels of wine dumped. There will be a shortage of Napa Valley wines for several months, since wine takes a while to both pick and ferment.

TS