• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

deed back my mgv poits

chexchy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have 133 pt eoy odd. with this amount of pt from mgv we can only go to 9 resorts and my mf is $700. IF I bought thes from DRI which is equivalent to 7980 pt, I could go to more resorts in the us collection for the same amount of mf. WHat a rip off! I am sick and tired of DRI. They don't treat us the same as their DRI owners.
Anybody knows if DRI still takes back my mgv points? How do I start this process?
thanks

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Are you not able to get an II or RCI membership (direct) so that you can go elsewhere? That would undoubtedly be cheaper than buying more points from DRI and provide you with a much wider variety of resorts to choose from.

Bill4728

Reaction score
We have 133 pt eoy odd. with this amount of pt from mgv we can only go to 9 resorts and my mf is $700. IF I bought thes from DRI which is equivalent to 7980 pt, I could go to more resorts in the us collection for the same amount of mf. WHat a rip off! I am sick and tired of DRI. They don't treat us the same as their DRI owners.
Not sure why you are upset. You bought pts in a TS system ( MGV) that had 9 resorts Why are you now upset because you can only use those pts at those 9 resorts?

The fact that owners, who bought another DRI product, have over 35 resorts well that is a different product and has different rules.

I'm not saying I like DRI but different products have different rules.

Anybody knows if DRI still takes back my mgv points? How do I start this process?
thanks
YES DRI is still taking back MGV pts

Are you not able to get an II or RCI membership (direct) so that you can go elsewhere? That would undoubtedly be cheaper than buying more points from DRI and provide you with a much wider variety of resorts to choose from.
I (like the OP) used to own 133 MGV pts and was able to get some great trades in II using my MGV pts.

chexchy

TUG Member
Reaction score
the exchange is too expensive

I did try to exchange my week with II. It took me 4 years to get the exchange. every year it ruin my vacation. I waited then ended paying for hotel for somewhere else not in my plan. 4 years of II membership is about $200(i think) plus my mf. so for that exchange i paid about $2000 for the week (my memory my exaggerate). That is too expensive.
I did not say that i will buy more from DRI but i said that for the same mf ($1500 for 1 br for 2 years) i have limited locations compare to others.
By the way i hate DRI. I got the sampler package they gave all MGV locations and some other places. I ended going to cancun las vegas. And they treated me like the unwanted in the presentation. I got up the chair at 60 min but i just couldn't go because i had to get some kind of paper showing that i did attend the presentation. They gave me the odd schedule like 1pm or 8am. I have no control of the schedule. anyhow i hate DRI and i told them straight "I would rather buy another one and throw this one in the trash."
Worldmark seems to be the good one and they have the west coast that is where i live.
thanks