• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort Regions Headline changes

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a nit: The new change with regions adding 'timeshares' etc., muddies up the drop-down search response--not sure why it was changed. Feels to me it was easier and clearer and more intuitive to just let it go at:

Western
Hawaii
Mexico
etc., with the region name listed first.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
which "drop down search response" do you mean?

it was changed to be more intuitive for new members and more accurately describe what was being discussed in the forums.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the 'Forum Jump' drop-down box, down in the 'Resort Regions' section.

JMO, but I'm not sure how adding 'timeshares' before or after each option makes anything clearer or more intuitive (isn't that what we're talking about on this site?)...seems to clutter the list with unnecessary words, i.e.,:

US - East Coast Timeshares
Florida Timeshares
Timeshares in Mexico
Timeshares in Canada
etc.

I thought the simple list you had before was clearer and easier to skim. I guess I can understand why you'd want the 'US' in there for US Regions:
East Coast
Florida
Caribbean
Mexico
etc.

No big deal--just expressing a preference. :)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
only two forums got their first word changed...the rest still maintain the first term?

I suppose mexican timeshares is just as good as timeshares in mexico

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I just noticed this a little while back. Not sure if these are more intuitive or not. I certainly am not a huge fan of the new naming conventions. Why are some listed with the region first and others with it last; like Caribbean Timeshares vs Timeshares in Mexico?

I suppose it may be more intuitive if a Google search. However, when one is on a timeshare forum, one would expect to be discussing timeshares in those forums. Of course it isn't all about timeshares in those region forums. Also a lot of discussion about places to eat and things to do. I preferred the prior names.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
would the term "timesharing" be better?

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You probably don't need the word 'timeshares' or 'timesharing' with each of the regions at all (except in headings). In other words, the ideal would be a very clean list, preferably alphabetical. For instance:

U.S. Timeshares
  • Central
  • East Coast
  • Florida
  • Hawaii
  • West Coast
International Timeshares
  • Canada
  • Caribbean
  • European
  • Mexico
  • South Africa
  • All other International

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I agree with both MuranoJo and dioxide45. I thought it was pretty simple before. But, I do think you should go with the same format in all if you are going to use the word Timeshares or Timesharing. By that I mean, the word Timeshare or Timesharing should be in the same place in all categories - either at the beginning or the end. It's not a big deal, but I just like things consistent. :)