• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WOO-HOO!!! Scored Feb break week 2016!!!

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I've been stalking RCI Extra Vacations for months, looking for a ski week for Feb vacation week. Found one at our home resort, Cold Spring, ...and after taxes it was about $70/night. Cheaper than a hotel by a long shot. (My poor husband stayed one night in a Days Inn in Chicopee, MA for our daughter's gymnastics competition earlier this month...I think he's scarred for life!) Cold Spring runs a van to several area ski resorts during the season, so we won't even have to drive to ski. RCI comes through again for the Crews Family!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been doing the same...I know, I know....hard grab, I should set up OGS.

I have seen this place available(some still there now). We go to ski (prefer Brettonwoods). Do you know which resorts they shuttle to? I can only assume that it is more of a day trip and not continuous shuttle.

Anymore info? Also, how are the kids activities if you have been there before.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So great! Congrats! Persistence pays off!:clap:

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Van trips

Cold Spring runs van trips to several of the ski spots. Yes, it is one run a day...not a continuous shuttle. The rec director usually tries to line up the run for a day that the ski places have a "special deal." If there is a two-for-one or 1/2 price ticket day, for example, she'll try to run the van to that slope. In the past, they've gone to Gunstock, Cannon, Loon, and Waterville Valley. I HAVE seen them go to Bretton Woods, but that's a hike (Cold Spring is south of Plymouth on I-93) so they don't go there all the time. If you're doing the driving, it's about 30-40 minutes from Waterville Valley. (Just a couple of exits up 93, but the access road in to Waterville is long/winding.)

I don't have enough deposited TPU's right now to do an OGS for something like that, hence the extended Extra Vacations Stalk. The price was right, we got a sleeps 8 unit which will give all 4 children a twin bed (no sharing needed!), and it's our home resort, which we love. This past Feb break, we went to Rockland, ME and had a great time, again on a cheap Extra Vacation. We make our own fun, where ever we happen to land. Good luck in your search!

Forgot to answer the question about kid's activities: They do lots of crafty things...some for smaller kids, and some for older ones. There is usually a movie night, a Wii bowling tournament, etc. There is a very nice indoor pool, and they set up a small ice rink and groom a cc ski trail. We've never been bored! (My kids are now 18, twins 11, and 9...we've been going here since the oldest was 4.)

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
One question, was the price less than if you rented directly from Cold Springs? I saw they offer a 15% discount to owners to rent additional time. My sister and brother both own weeks at Cold Springs. Usually they exchange for other places. We stayed there years ago when my parents owned the week my brother owns now. Enjoy your trip! Write a review so we can see how it has changed since we stayed in the 1980's!
Silentg

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One question, was the price less than if you rented directly from Cold Springs? I saw they offer a 15% discount to owners to rent additional time. My sister and brother both own weeks at Cold Springs. Usually they exchange for other places. We stayed there years ago when my parents owned the week my brother owns now. Enjoy your trip! Write a review so we can see how it has changed since we stayed in the 1980's!
Silentg

It was $449 for the week for a sleeps 8 unit for the week (a 2BR with a loft). Renting for the week, even with my owner's discount, is over $1000. See why I'm so excited? ;)

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Yes, now that you have done the math for me! Good Deal!

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
YES! I have a unit on hold at Mittersill Alpine Resort in Franconia that I will confirm in a bit. Like the OP, I think this is a big score for Feb school vacation week!! $441 + tax

I'm not all that sure about the resort itself, it has mixed reviews, but most recent ones are fine....I would prefer South Mountain or Pollard Brook, but I worry I won't be able to get at either on of these resorts. Can't beat Mittersill location thought. 20 minutes to either Loon or Brettonwoods and Cannon right across the street.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
That's wonderful! I don't know about that resort, either, but- what the hell?! It's in Franconia!

Right now up in Intervale on a Home Away rental. Look at this gorgeous view from the condo balcony!

Attachments

• IMG_1256.JPG
    IMG_1256.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 25

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
YES! I have a unit on hold at Mittersill Alpine Resort in Franconia that I will confirm in a bit. Like the OP, I think this is a big score for Feb school vacation week!! $441 + tax

I'm not all that sure about the resort itself, it has mixed reviews, but most recent ones are fine....I would prefer South Mountain or Pollard Brook, but I worry I won't be able to get at either on of these resorts. Can't beat Mittersill location thought. 20 minutes to either Loon or Brettonwoods and Cannon right across the street.

YAY for you! The location is great, and if you're out and about skiing, you won't be staying in the room staring at the walls anyway. I've never stayed there, either.

And Mpumilia...love the view! We stayed at Cathedral Ledge in Intervale years ago. Headed to Storyland next weekend, as a matter of fact! Have fun!

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the inventory that has been showing up for this week in New Hampshire. It is typically such a hard pull.

As mentioned, I have a week at Mittersill for easy money $441 + taxes booked as a extra vacation. I also had a friend grab one.

I have constantly seen Pollard Brook showing up. 21 TPU or around $700 as an extra vacation.

And now, just today and OGS I had set up in II just matched South Mountain. My absolute favorite resort in New Hampshire (especially in winter). I am super excited with this match as I never thought I would get cuz of trade power.

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Congrats! I like South Mountain also! Enjoy!

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Honestly....I could have squealed like only my 9 YO daughter does when I logged in an noticed my deposit gone and saw what it matched up to.

Love that place in the winter. No outside walk to the pool. We can walk to anything in town, including the ice castles. I so hope they have that again this year.

The other issue I was having it Mittersill doesn't have WIFI in the rooms. Although all my trips are "vacations" I do have to work from time to time and the WIFI at Mittersill only being in common area was an issue for me.

Last edited:

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
YAY!

Honestly....I could have squealed like only my 9 YO daughter does when I logged in an noticed my deposit gone and saw what it matched up to.

Love that place in the winter. No outside walk to the pool. We can walk to anything in town, including the ice castles. I so hope they have that again this year.

The other issue I was having it Mittersill doesn't have WIFI in the rooms. Although all my trips are "vacations" I do have to work from time to time and the WIFI at Mittersill only being in common area was an issue for me.

Congratulations! Do you go in February? I hear you on the extra vacations prices. They've been very reasonable...way less than a hotel room. My children are so spoiled...it's break week....must mean we're going somewhere! :) I'm glad to be able to make those memories!

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Do you go in February? I hear you on the extra vacations prices. They've been very reasonable...way less than a hotel room. My children are so spoiled...it's break week....must mean we're going somewhere! :) I'm glad to be able to make those memories!

Yes, February school vacation! The last few years we have taken off for Feb vacation....Florida, San Diego and I'm constantly worried about snow at home and plane delays. I told myself last year no more...we need to be in driving distance. (NOTE: I didn't say no vacation, just no plane!)

I hear you about kids being spoiled with vacations. Growing up, we took one trip a year if we were lucky and that was a drive to New Hampshire (think that may be the reason why I love the White Mountains so much). With cheap timeshare it is hard to say no. I have already been to NH twice this year and still have 3 more to go. I will admit, it may be a bit of overkill...but I just couldn't help myself when I saw the prices.

My husband and I work different shifts and he only gets a weekend off every 6 weeks. Even when we are around at the same time, life simply takes over and we never spend that quality time together as a family. People frown at how much we take off....but for us, that is the only time we truly spend together. Life is too short......

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I think that's great! We will be in NH 3 times this year! We were there in May on a Home Away rental (North Conway). Then our newly acquired unit at Pollard Brook in August and back up in Sept. for the Highland Games week on a Trading Places exchange from our Vt late Oct. floater. We traded down from a 2 bdrm to a 1 bdrm, but ok for us. And VT 2X as well.

Last year when we traded into South Mountain for the Highland Games week, we did so through DAE. At the last minute 3 one bedroom units became available in August and I was so excited as well!

Like you said we can drive and we love it. And- we get to see our son!