• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Puente Vista @ Corpus

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sterling. I think this is the same resort as leisure club international at padre island. We stayed there many years ago......there are several reviews

nursie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back

We stayed at Puente Vista in August.
The best part of the unit was the balcony overlooking the bay. There are however, units that overlook the water canals vs the bay side so it depends on which side you are on. Both seem nice but Bay side preferable.
We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. Full kitchen, small living/dining area. No washer/dryer in unit which was a bummer.
Nice pool with a no frills clubhouse onsite. Minimal activities for kids but we did all paint a tshirt for nominal cost which the kids enjoyed.
Didn't know at the time but one of the kids saw a cockroach crawling on the curtain of their bedroom, videotaped it on their iphone:eek:, but never mentioned to us so that we could let management know.
I know Texas is known for it's cockroaches so it didn't faze me too much but had I known at the time, I would have been looking more carefully around the unit. Thankfully that was the one and only problem I could see.
It's not fancy as far as furniture or appliances but it's functional, in a good location to go to Corpus Christi activities and Port Aransas, not to forget Padre Island Beach which is why we were there.
We would stay there again. Hope this helps.

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Many thanks Nursie

Have you got any recommendations for restaurants?

Surprised about the cockroach.

Most of them in Texas are around the State Capitol. :hysterical:

Sterling

nursie

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Doc's which is across the bay from the Resort, we could see it from our deck. Great food, very popular place right on the water. It's right next to Snoopy's Pier which I heard was good but we never got a chance to try it there. I also heard that Blackbeard's is a must see, we never made it there either. I also heard Scuttlebutt's & Padre Island Burger are both good. We had breakfast at JB's German Bakery & Café, that was tasty & difficult to walk out without buying a boat load of extra bakery items to eat later. They have some frozen yogurt places close by and they have more flavors and toppings than one can imagine, weighing your yogurt for pricing.
Of course we had to hit Whataburger a few times since we don't have them in MN.:D
In Port A there are great restaurants like Marcel's, Taqueria San Juan (good Mexican food), & Seafood & Spaghetti Works (soup & salad bar included even with sandwich/burger meals as well as pasta plates) and great prices.
Slice of Chicago had great deep dish pizza, we ordered for delivery from there a couple times.
Island Café has good meals for both breakfast and lunch/dinner. Prices have gone up a bit according our friends but the food was good.
Are you staying at Multi-Resort Puente Vista? If so, be sure to call a few weeks in advance and request Bay side if that's what you want. There are docks on all sides of the resort to put a boat if you have one. People also fish off the docks which was fun to watch.

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info:

We are staying at Puente Vista at 14300 Aloha on Corpus. Don't know if it is a multi resort or not.

We had to miss our two weeks in Minnesota in Sep because of my viral pneumonia. First was the Causeway on Gull Lake and the second week checking out the north shore of Lake Superior. :(

Blackbeards in South Padre Island was great.

Sterling

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Arrived Friday
Two extremely strong negatives--I have to push my wife's wheelchair up a thirty degree slope about 25' long to get to the level of the units. No easy access ramps. Absolutely not in compliance with ADA requirements (American Disabilities Act).

Second: Aloha street in front of the units is full of pot holes--so many you can't miss them all. :I see a special assessment coming for owners.

Sterling

Last edited: