• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ryder Cup

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Oh, yes DH and I love the Ryder Cup. I'm taking Friday off and will be watching it live each day starting from the wee hours of the morning.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, yes DH and I love the Ryder Cup. I'm taking Friday off and will be watching it live each day starting from the wee hours of the morning.

Get ready for an early start.....coverage starts at 2:30am EST! I think I'll pick up coverage when the sun comes up!

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an AVID golfer---though I wish I could say that I was a GOOD golfer!!!

The Super Bowl is my favorite annual event.

Then comes GOLF events----The Ryder Cup (EEY) is second, and the Masters is third.
(The Presidents Cup---EOY---is fun to watch, but NOT anything like the Ryder Cup.)

The thing that is hard----is I will be PLAYING GOLF, while THEY will be playing golf. When it is played on foreign soil/time zone , it makes it more difficult to tune in on 'weird' times-----BUT, I will watch!!!

Pat

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been to the Ryder Cup three times. Once in Brookline, again at the Belfry and the last at the K Club and I'm not even a golfer.

My Ex was a golfer and we went with friends from our country club.

I enjoyed watching the "greats" and was standing at the hole when Corey Pavin eagled it. Was able to watch Payne Stewart and Seve Ballesteros, too.

I'm not a fan of watching golf, but I do enjoy the Ryder Cup match play format.

Having a bronze or silver pass allows one into the courtesy tents where you have a drink and a warm up (Sutton-Coldfield and the K-Club were cold, raw & rainy).

-

Last edited:

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
I am also an avid golfer. I coordinate a group of senior golfers who travel to different courses every Monday and Thursday. Takes up a lot of my time but one of my buds put it as well as I've ever heard it put. He said trying to get a group of senior golfers to do something is like trying to shepherd a group of cats!

I will be DVRing the Ryder Cup for sure.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have tried repeatedly, but unsuccessfully, to get Ryder Cup tickets through the PGA lottery.

So, I've always ended up buying them off of Ebay. Paid a princely sum, but only bought from reliable sellers using PayPal. All worked just fine.

-

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just play at the game, but the Ryder cup is my favorite viewing format....not to diminish the Masters or the Open, but there is nothing like it. The closest I've been was to get a hat from Valhalla following the matches in 2008. Still have it and it will come out of the closet this weekend!

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
We were able to attend the Ryder final day's matches in 1987 before it all became so wildly popular. Jack Nicklaus was US captain that year and it was held at Jack's Muirfield Village course in Columbus, OH. I wore my souvenir shirt until it wore out and, sadly, had to be disposed of. Ah well, it wouldn't fit me now anyhow.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Get ready for an early start.....coverage starts at 2:30am EST! I think I'll pick up coverage when the sun comes up!

Yes, I know. I typically toss and turn for a few hours before getting up at 6 anyway, so think I'll manage to get up early. And I can always nap on the couch as I watch.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We really enjoy the Ryder Cup. The good news is that Americans finished one two in the Fed Ex cup. the bad news is neither made the team.