• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NEW Interval International Accoounts

sb74

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would call and ask for the Starwood desk.
Just got off the phone again. This time I asked for the "Starwood desk" but got transferred to someone who sounded like a standard exchange agent. And again, this new agent wasn't familiar with any specific Starwood department, and again insisted that there were no promotions and that the listed rates were the best ones available. So it's not clear if I'm failing to say the magic words that get me to the right people who can make these discounted offers. :confused:

gtm2011

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone again. This time I asked for the "Starwood desk" but got transferred to someone who sounded like a standard exchange agent. And again, this new agent wasn't familiar with any specific Starwood department, and again insisted that there were no promotions and that the listed rates were the best ones available. So it's not clear if I'm failing to say the magic words that get me to the right people who can make these discounted offers. :confused:

Are you trying to extend/renew your membership with II? I was told the discounts are only for new memberships. I had to speak with three people before they even acknowledged the discounts mentioned above.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

I have heard of SDO new members receiving the discount but I haven't specifically heard any new SBP owners receiving one. It may be that there are not any.

sb74

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have heard of SDO new members receiving the discount but I haven't specifically heard any new SBP owners receiving one. It may be that there are not any.
That may very well be the case, and I didn't know these offers were necessarily property-specific though that totally makes sense from II's standpoint given that SBP isn't exactly one of Starwood's more prestigious TS properties.

In any event, I managed to get through to the Starwood Desk at II by first calling Starwood Ownership Services and getting connected through a three-way conference. The lady at II offered me 2 years for $89, and while it certainly isn't as good as 3 for $99, half-off is still half-off so I took it. My guess is that having spoken to someone at Starwood first (instead of a cold call from me) may have made II more inclined to offer a discount, if the default treatment was not to offer one.

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
The direct phone number to the II Starwood desk is 877-782-7088.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
If you look in the Sticky section above the other threads in the Starwood section, you'll see a primer on how to use II.

In short, yes, you can deposit your 2015 week now.

Thanks, I read the into but was not seeing that answered for me…thanks much

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You have until the end of 2015, to deposit your 2015 usage in II. To deposit it now, you would have to pre-pay the maintenance fee.

Best practice is to put in an on-going search for the exchange you want, so that your request is in place BEFORE the deposits come in. When you only search the online inventory, you are only looking at the left overs, because OGS's are filled before anything goes online.

Denise, Thanks so much for the help… So I should wait till my MF's are due in January, pay them then and then sign up for II.

I just want to make sure I understand correctly, from your post above, I can put in an-on-going search and wait till the end of 2015 to deposit my SDO?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Denise, Thanks so much for the help… So I should wait till my MF's are due in January, pay them then and then sign up for II.

I just want to make sure I understand correctly, from your post above, I can put in an-on-going search and wait till the end of 2015 to deposit my SDO?

I was just saying that the last day of 2015 is the deadline to deposit it.

You have to "designate it for exchange," to put in an OGS, which you cannot do if you have a reservation in place.

So, you can make a reservation, and try to rent it the whole year (if that's what you want to do) and if it doesn't rent, cancel the reservation, and deposit it, at the end of the year.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was just saying that the last day of 2015 is the deadline to deposit it.

You have to "designate it for exchange," to put in an OGS, which you cannot do if you have a reservation in place.

So, you can make a reservation, and try to rent it the whole year (if that's what you want to do) and if it doesn't rent, cancel the reservation, and deposit it, at the end of the year.

Oh, I did not even think about renting it, I was more concerned about getting a nice vacation at SDO….LOL

thanks,that is an awesome idea.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Oh, I did not even think about renting it, I was more concerned about getting a nice vacation at SDO….LOL

thanks,that is an awesome idea.

If you definitely want to use it for an exchange, then deposit it now (if you are willing to prepay the MF) or as soon as you pay the MF in Jan., if you don't want to prepay.

*It isn't a strong renter - it has more value as a II trader using the Starwood to Starwood priority in II.

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you definitely want to use it for an exchange, then deposit it now (if you are willing to prepay the MF) or as soon as you pay the MF in Jan., if you don't want to prepay.

*It isn't a strong renter - it has more value as a II trader using the Starwood to Starwood priority in II.

That is what I was going to use it for, I was going to try and get into WKV. I'm thinking I might have a chance since I want to go in the summer.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
That is what I was going to use it for, I was going to try and get into WKV. I'm thinking I might have a chance since I want to go in the summer.

If you want to go to the desert in the summer, you should have no difficulty using II, though WKV usually has less inventory than SDO and the Marriotts (which are reportedly very nice). Normally, I'd advise using Ongoing Search to capitalize your chances of getting WKV, but if you do that, you lose the ability to upgrade to a larger unit. IOW, if you list a 2 bdrm, you have to surrender a 2 bdrm.

If you do Instant Exchange, you can select just one side of your unit to exchange (e.g. the studio), and then search. If you see something listed, you can book it, even if it's a 2 bdrm. You can often get 2 2-bdrms for your one 2 bdrm lockoff, especially for low season, such as desert properties in the summer.

Another very attractive option is to book an II "Getaway." These are simply excess inventory that they sell for cash -- no exchange required. You can often book a 2 bdrm for far less than the cost of MFs. I'm talking $300-500 for Starwood and Marriott 2 bdrm villas. (You can also book Getaways for family and friends by paying an exchange fee.)

IIRC, you usually start seeing summer desert weeks Getaways in the Feb or March prior, so you have time.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you want to go to the desert in the summer, you should have no difficulty using II, though WKV usually has less inventory than SDO and the Marriotts (which are reportedly very nice). Normally, I'd advise using Ongoing Search to capitalize your chances of getting WKV, but if you do that, you lose the ability to upgrade to a larger unit. IOW, if you list a 2 bdrm, you have to surrender a 2 bdrm.

If you do Instant Exchange, you can select just one side of your unit to exchange (e.g. the studio), and then search. If you see something listed, you can book it, even if it's a 2 bdrm. You can often get 2 2-bdrms for your one 2 bdrm lockoff, especially for low season, such as desert properties in the summer.

Another very attractive option is to book an II "Getaway." These are simply excess inventory that they sell for cash -- no exchange required. You can often book a 2 bdrm for far less than the cost of MFs. I'm talking $300-500 for Starwood and Marriott 2 bdrm villas. (You can also book Getaways for family and friends by paying an exchange fee.)

IIRC, you usually start seeing summer desert weeks Getaways in the Feb or March prior, so you have time.

Great Advice and helpful Hints... Thanks so much...

Quick question, when I make my initial deposit do I have to deposit both sides of my SDO?

Once you separate out the sides, can you put them back together if later you decide you need to search for a 2 bedroom?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great Advice and helpful Hints... Thanks so much...

Quick question, when I make my initial deposit do I have to deposit both sides of my SDO?

Once you separate out the sides, can you put them back together if later you decide you need to search for a 2 bedroom?

When you deposit a 2 Bdm., it will appear like this in your acct., and you can choose what portion to exchange:

2 Bdm.
1 Bdm. A
1 Bdm. B

If you don't want to deposit all of it, tell Starwood that when you call them.

Boonie

TUG Member
Reaction score

This does sound very attractive! Are the getaways, 7 days or less?

Boonie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a mailing a few months ago... $89 for 2 years and a money back guarantee (if you don't get the exchange vacation you want). Promo code 21MAY14. Offer expires 10/31/14.

Not as good as 3 years for $99...but better than full price.

This code is not working. I did call the number someone else posted and was quoted the regular prices she told me there were not any current discounts. These are the phone numbers I called:

1-877-782-7088
1-888-786-9637
1-800-828-8200

I gave the code to the II Starwood rep, she put me on hold for a bit and came back and said she did not have any discounts available. Only the regular priced membership.
If anyone else has a code, please let me know, thank you!

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

This does sound very attractive! Are the getaways, 7 days or less?

Seven days. A great deal if they have what you want.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Seven days. A great deal if they have what you want.

Yup. I recently booked two studios at Sedona Summit, for ~$200 each, for 9/28-10/5/14 via Getaways. My husband and I plus another couple will be flying out this Saturday, spending Saturday night at SDO on banked SOs, then off to Sedona, one of my favorite places on Earth.

Sedona Summit isn't the Westin, but we'll be gone hiking most of the time, so as long as it's clean and relatively nice, I'll be happy as a clam. I mean, who can complain when you're paying $35/night?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
See the walk-through in the II and Starwood sticky at the top of the page.

It doesn't hurt to call the Starwood desk at II and ask if there are any current promo codes.

Yes - you must be an owner to join.

Hi Denise,

My SDO is now in my name and Starwood recognizes me. Would I just call the 1-800 my star central number or call II and ask for the starwood desk?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You have to call II.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just opened a new II account for the same reason, SDO trader, and they quoted me:

1 year $45.00 - 50% discount
2 year $89.00 - 50% discount
3 year $99.00 - $128 discount

No code. Need to call to get it.

I tried on my lunch hour to get the 3 year deal and the only deal they are quoting me is one year for $89