• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC has found a new way to annoy guests

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We're currently in Vegas. At check in they asked for a number were we can be reached. Unfortunately, not thinking, I gave them my cell number. We arrived Friday and so far have received 3 text messages from the resort. This last time I texted back to leave my personal phone off their messaging list.

A few years ago when we did our last owners update, we were told they wouldn't be offering us updates or gifts anymore because we weren't buyers. Fine by me. I only WISH they'd live up to their end of that bargain. Even when I've told them to leave me the hell alone, they continue to solicit us. Now they're texting me on my personal cell phone. Talk about annoying. :annoyed:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a "cheap as all get out" cell phone with VM never turned on. For $4 a month, THAT is the number I give out to all who refused to accept "no" when asked for a cell number. I also use it for Craig's List ads.

Lots of peace and quiet for a minor monthly fee.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Just block the number on your phone and let them call all they want.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a "cheap as all get out" cell phone with VM never turned on. For $4 a month, THAT is the number I give out to all who refused to accept "no" when asked for a cell number. I also use it for Craig's List ads.

Lots of peace and quiet for a minor monthly fee.

Where did you get a cell phone that cheap?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I didn't mind the text messages on my last stay. We arrived early and they sent me a text when the room was ready. They didn't put more coffee out on the midweek tidy up so I text them, they delivered 4 coffee bags within an hour.

This was at Lagoon tower, I have been harassed more by phone for updates when staying in Vegas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vacationbear

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't mind the text messages on my last stay. We arrived early and they sent me a text when the room was ready. They didn't put more coffee out on the midweek tidy up so I text them, they delivered 4 coffee bags within an hour.

This was at Lagoon tower, I have been harassed more by phone for updates when staying in Vegas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same experience for us!
Lagoon Tower communication: nice! And even appreciated!
The offers and greetings there were left on the phone in the room. In order to get the annoying flashing red light off one has to listed and delete the VM.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Ugh :annoyed: Thanks for the warning.
Parking passes no longer at the front desk and now unwanted text messages :wall:

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
Yeah, the texts we got while staying at Anderson this summer had nothing to do with sales pitches or owners' updates or anything like that. We could, however, text them when we needed our car brought around, and they checked up with us when our room was ready, and just to check if we needed anything. I didn't find it intrusive at all.

phil1ben

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just arrived home from Trump International in Las Vegas. Had a 1 bedroom Grand that was beautiful. Sub-Zero refrigerator, marble bathroom and great living room.

We never received any communication from HGVC. Checked-in and that was it. No telephone calls, owners updates or anything. Enjoyed our stay.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
We stayed at Parc Solei last month and I arrived early. Gave them my cell phone number. I was expecting to call when the room was ready, but got a text instead, they did reach out a few times over our stay to check and see how we liked the room and resort via text. I found that less intrusive than calling the room phone.

They only tried once to schedule and update, that was a phone call a few days prior to arrival. I said i was not interested and they never brought that subject up again. I was happy to only be asked once. I would be annoyed if i was getting multiple text messages or phone calls.

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
Just text "stop" to be removed from any legitimate text

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of my complaints with HGVC has been the sales weasel calls I get every week from HGVC offering me some great new deal -- I have stopped answering any calls from the 407 area code (they are not identified as HGVC on Caller ID; says unknown caller or some such with a 407 number).

While I was speaking with Barbie Rinks this morning at HGVC on another topic I told her I did not want any more sales calls & she said she'd put me on HGVC's Do Not Call List; OK, but what about the "welcome call" from the resort when I have a reservation, and the annoying calls while I'm at the resort? She said that would take care of that also.

So if you've had it with all the HGVC calls, call Corporate and tell them you want to be on HGVC's No Call List. We'll see if it works..