• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flamingo Fees

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Captured a Flamingo studio for a friend for 4 nites over New Years. What kind of fee's can she expect?

1. Since I used HGVC points, will she have to pay the $25/nite resort fee that cash renters must pay?
2. What kind of taxes will be required?

She'll be using the parking garage, so that will be free.

Any help will be appreciated, so she/me will know what to pay when checking out.

Thanks,

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, if you used points, I don't see that your friend is going to have to pay anything for the stay.

The resort fee only applies if one makes a Hilton Hotels reservation for one of the HGVC Las Vegas timeshares.

And there should be no taxes with a points stay.

I've never paid a cent for my stays at the Las Vegas resorts.

HGVC Strip charges for parking but it does not apply to owners or someone on an owners points. I've made RCI reservations at Strip but have not had to pay for parking because I'm an owner. Just make sure your friend gets a parking tag at the Flamingo front desk and they should be OK in the garage if they park on the specific HGVC spots (Floor 3 and Floor 4 maybe?)

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind when I get her checked in on the 29th of December, then it's off to happy hour. :D

The DW & I are staying at the Elara over New Years, so good to know that we won't (shouldn't) get stuck with any resort fees and/or taxes. :D