• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fixed Week HGVC - no points contract?

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
I am looking into possibly picking up another unit if I can get it for a smoking deal. The unit is in Las Vegas on Paradise, and the seller says that it is a fixed week, that there are no points associated with the contract and I can always üpgrade"to points through the resort directly. Is this seller correct? If this particular contract does not have points associated, can I convert it to a points contract by paying forwhen it's transferred over to me. I am a little confused because I thought that all Hilton VOs had points associated with them, unlike affiliates.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Doesn't sound right to me, ask to see a copy of the deed. All my deeds spell out the points associated with the deed, and the ICN number with assigned week. The assigned week is not a fixed week, just used for inventory control. The only fixed event week sold in Vegas is week 52, that would have to be spelled out in the deed also.

A copy of the deed can be purchased if he lost it.

https://recorder.co.clark.nv.us/recorderecommerce/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
Doesn't sound right to me, ask to see a copy of the deed. All my deeds spell out the points associated with the deed, and the ICN number with assigned week. The assigned week is not a fixed week, just used for inventory control. The only fixed event week sold in Vegas is week 52, that would have to be spelled out in the deed also.

It is a fixed week 52... so they do exist! Is is possible that this does not currently have points attached to it, but I can "reinstate" or "convert" them?

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a fixed week 52... so they do exist! Is is possible that this does not currently have points attached to it, but I can "reinstate" or "convert" them?

My understanding is you are guarantee Fixed week 52. If you don't want that week, you can call to release it and get the points instead for that year. Meaning, it has points, but Week 52 is automatically reserved for you every year using those points.

Great3

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
My understanding is you are guarantee Fixed week 52. If you don't want that week, you can call to release it and get the points instead for that year. Meaning, it has points, but Week 52 is automatically reserved for you every year using those points.

Great3

Good to know! Thank you. :whoopie:

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Week 52 in Vegas is an Event Week

Great3

I agree that week 52 is an event week since it contains New Years Eve which has great demand in some locations such as New York and Las Vegas. The owner paid a premium for that week when it was sold by HGVC. However, to get the full benefits of that premium week you would need to book the entire week connected to New Years Eve in Las Vegas every year. It is freezing cold in Las Vegas around New Years Eve at night and cool during the day. So unless you like the cold, and like Las Vegas when it is cold, it would not be an attractive benefit. As a depositor and use to the pants in the HGVC it would be have the same benefits as a Platinum Week during the Club season.

As a aside, I believe you could effectively use the following method to reserve New Years Eve if you wanted and a night or two adjacent to it in Las Vegas if you owned this week. You could wait until the last 30 days to cancel your fixed home week reservation for that week. Then you could immediately book the nights you want using either a club reservation for 3 nights using points, or 2 nights or more using cash during Open Season. (f your were going to use points you could do this anytime after the 9 month window opened up) Since this is a Home Week Reservation cancellation and not a Club Season Reservation cancellation I believe you could book open season. However, you would need to check with HGVC call center to be sure my reasoning is correct. Furthermore, you probably should have your plane reservations already since the rates going to and from Las Vegas close to New Years Eve may be high.

amisco

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fixed weeks do have points associated with them

I own a fixed week at the Flamingo property in Las Vegas for week 51. It means that they will automatically book that week for you every year... however you can cancel that reservation and have the points (7000 in my case) deposited into your account so you can trade them or book another week.

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
I own a fixed week at the Flamingo property in Las Vegas for week 51. It means that they will automatically book that week for you every year... however you can cancel that reservation and have the points (7000 in my case) deposited into your account so you can trade them or book another week.

Thanks! I just got an email from HGVC confirming the same. :)

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score

Back in the day when there was still the computer COMDEX convention each November in Las Vegas, I believe that HGVC Convention Center (now Paradise) sold fixed weeks for Comdex week and that you could also buy a studio unit for that fixed week..