• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC website

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

I've never migrated over to the new website and have still been using the old. It's now giving me a Security Certificate error and telling me the old website isn't secure. I assume that's because HGVC is morphing over to the new website? It's just odd? :shrug:

What is the new website address? Thank you!

Best,

Greg

elleny76

Reaction score
https://club.hiltongrandvacations.com

All,

I've never migrated over to the new website and have still been using the old. It's now giving me a Security Certificate error and telling me the old website isn't secure. I assume that's because HGVC is morphing over to the new website? It's just odd? :shrug:

What is the new website address? Thank you!

Best,

Greg

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Greg,

They let the certificate expire on the old site without renewing, gotta pinch every nickel.

You should be able to click ignore the warning and still use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Thank you both!!

Best,

Greg

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
It is odd. They should just do a redirect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It is odd. They should just do a redirect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you go to the site, a redirect popup does come up, but you have to agree to go to an unsecured site. If you just bail because the certificate message pops up, you never get to the redirect.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, I don't love the new website. I actually miss the old one alot. I know there was a multi-page thread on the new website, did people finally adjust to it (I hope?)

Best,

Greg

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, I don't love the new website. I actually miss the old one alot. I know there was a multi-page thread on the new website, did people finally adjust to it (I hope?)

Best,

Greg

My biggest complaint is everything is just too damn big and you can't scan availability on a single screen, scrolling is needed.

I have noticed a trend on many websites lately, that it looks like marketing is influencing the IT folks. These websites looks pretty, and seem to be a slick marketing tool, but as an informed owner I don't care about the pretty, I care about the information, and just want it in a succinct way.

Last edited:

Emi

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since we own many timeshares, i am familiar with many vacation ownership brand websites and this new HGV is the worse. The old websites are often unstable but when you can get on, it is easy and quick to see all availability. The new one is nothing more than a marketing tool for newbies. And no one at HGV is listening. Was told the old one will be turned off November 1st.

vacationbear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I booked another Lagoon Tower stay- via the old web site.
I also received the "website is not properly configured" security warning, but Norton Internet Security let me add an exception.

The reservation went seamless- until a new window popped-up with the confirmation details. That did not work, the page remained blank.

However, under the reservations tab I did see the new reservation- and it went through.

I am also annoyed by the required scrolling- down on the new web site. Too much fluff on it, no intuitive GUI!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
My biggest complaint is everything is just too damn big and you can't scan availability on a single screen, scrolling is needed.

I have noticed a trend on many websites lately, that it looks like marketing is influencing the IT folks. These websites looks pretty, and seem to be a slick marketing tool, but as an informed owner I don't care about the pretty, I care about the information, and just want it in a succulent way.

I think if they made it in a succulent way it would be delicious!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think if they made it in a succulent way it would be delicious!

oops, I guess I corrected to the wrong word, I corrected it from succulent to succinct in my post. LOL

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I know I am in the minority, but I have gotten used to the new website, and in some areas much prefer it over the old site. I really like having app that runs on my phone and tablet.

I do agree there is a lot of scrolling, and wish i could easily filter out some of the room types.

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know I am in the minority, but I have gotten used to the new website, and in some areas much prefer it over the old site. I really like having app that runs on my phone and tablet.

I do agree there is a lot of scrolling, and wish i could easily filter out some of the room types.

I don't see on the new website where you can compare point requirements for the same period between different resorts (where there's huge differences for Las Vegas for instance). Makes a lot more work for the user.. Thanks HGVC.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella

I'm mostly used to it but it still shows green blocks even when there is no availability. Plus the shades of green are so slight it's hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC seemed to fixed old www.hgvclub.com website

To my surprise, HGVC seemed to have fixed old www.hgvclub.com website, and revolution is working again.

I sure hope they keep this old site in addition to the new club.hiltongrandvacations.com website.

Great3

Last edited:

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Yesterday I got a message on the old site that it's no longer being updated. I didn't check but assumed the inventory isn't correct, so I finally moved to booking on the new site. It's better than it was when I played with it early on.

But today when I tried to book a reservation, the site wanted to take almost 2x the points when I clicked through to reserve. I logged out and back in, but that didn't solve the problem, so I called to book over the phone. The CS rep didn't want to book it for me, but she went to the website and saw the same problem I did and sent a report to IT. While on the phone, she had me try to complete the reservation and said she'd return the extra points if the site took too many. However, after completing the form and clicking submit, it didn't go through. So she ending up booking it for me at the online price after all.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
...However, after completing the form and clicking submit, it didn't go through. So she ending up booking it for me at the online price after all.

Perhaps the website was messing with you having for ignored it,
or more likely, noticed it's own error and decided to self-destruct.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Yesterday I got a message on the old site that it's no longer being updated. I didn't check but assumed the inventory isn't correct, so I finally moved to booking on the new site. It's better than it was when I played with it early on.

But today when I tried to book a reservation, the site wanted to take almost 2x the points when I clicked through to reserve. I logged out and back in, but that didn't solve the problem, so I called to book over the phone. The CS rep didn't want to book it for me, but she went to the website and saw the same problem I did and sent a report to IT. While on the phone, she had me try to complete the reservation and said she'd return the extra points if the site took too many. However, after completing the form and clicking submit, it didn't go through. So she ending up booking it for me at the online price after all.

Just curious, which resort did you try to book?

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
The new website is terrible. It is all about slick pictures and marketing. It doesn't let me know what resorts are still available for using points at for example this July or September. It invites me to spend all day inserting various resorts one by one the different date blocks one by one. After a few too many clicks yesterday, I called in and found out for example that Valdoro is pretty much booked up for the summer, and to forget about Portugal, Italy, or Hilton Head. If I want any info from now on I will just call in. Why not, I'm paying for it.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The new website is terrible... If I want any info from now on I will just call in. Why not, I'm paying for it.

You'll also be the one who increases the on-hold time and fees for the rest of us. ;)
But I do agree, the website wasn't designed with actual users in mind.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
The old website will disappear February 1, according to an email I received today.