• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC McAlpin resale units

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
There is an owner resale office here, they have this price list on the desk.

4342d642002db2f259be1a7e3f88fef1.jpg

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

phil1ben

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are an owner there and go about 3 times per year. We love that resort and it is the reason we bought HGVC.......but we bought resale. Those prices seem to be about 40-50% higher than the resale market. I think you can buy a 7000 point platinum package resale for between $8-9,000.00. We paid less in 2010. Keep in mind that SB has higher maintenance fees. This year over $1600.00 (all in) for a 7000 point platinum package.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Prices are probably due to being brokered by HGVC. I'm going to stop in the office tomorrow to see if these qualify for elite benefits.

We are loving it too, first visit. We are going to gator park today to do the airboat tour. Gold Oct season is a great time to visit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds fun. Did you rent a car? Are there manatees nearby?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That sounds fun. Did you rent a car? Are there manatees nearby?

No car, we are using Uber. Heading out in 30 min for the shuttle pickup, hope to see some manatees out in the glades at the park.

https://www.gatorpark.com/

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Turned out to be a bust, just your basic roadside gator park. We went out for a spin about a mile and looked at a few sleepy alligators then the obligatory show and picture op with a 3 footer.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Turned out to be a bust, just your basic roadside gator park. We went out for a spin about a mile and looked at a few sleepy alligators then the obligatory show and picture op with a 3 footer.

Sounds like the classic Florida tourist stop.

Interesting that McAlpin has a resale office onsite..

We have only been to Miami once, many years ago. Its definitely on my list of HGVC locations to visit.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
If you want manatees you need to head north and west. The best place for manatees is Crystal river and Weeki Wachee.

It's hillbilly country but has lots of critters

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Elite Benefits for HGVC Direct Resales

Prices are probably due to being brokered by HGVC. I'm going to stop in the office tomorrow to see if these qualify for elite benefits.

We are loving it too, first visit. We are going to gator park today to do the airboat tour. Gold Oct season is a great time to visit.

I believe that these purchases do qualify for Elite Benefits. We received our Elite Benefits from buying resales directly from an HGVC representative.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe that these purchases do qualify for Elite Benefits. We received our Elite Benefits from buying resales directly from an HGVC representative.

Correct, I confirmed with the person at the sales desk.

phil1ben

TUG Member
Reaction score
As we said we love the South Beach property and it was the sole reason we decided to buy a timeshare (resale). But understand going in that the maintenance fees are among the highest in the program. See below for 2017:

South Beach 7000 Points Platinum (2 Bedroom)

2017 Club Dues: $159.00
2017 Reserve Fee: $269.40
2017 Operating Fee: $1069.62
2017 Real Estate Taxes: 134.63
Voluntary ARDA Fee: $5.00

Total 2017: $1634.65

2016 Total for the above: $1623.19

The increase over 2016 is less than 1%.

The total fees in 2011 were $1396.86. Not too bad. A 16% increase in 6 years.

We have used our home week benefit twice but if you are not going to use it, might be better to buy in LV with lower maintenance fees and then reserve days as you want them during the 9 month window.

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
Are they only selling re-sale McAlpin units, or do they have inventory from other properties?

archsof

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resale for Elite

McAlpin only resells their properties. It will only count towards Elite status if you have purchased a retail property @ $30K or above (any HGVC, no affiliates).

We purchased in Vegas and @ Anderson Ocean Club before ever finding TUG (yes, my mistake...). The benefit was we were able to purchase 2 McAlpin resale units and receive Elite Plus status. It was easy. It's come in handy for our family on exchanges and use all the points. It's actually fun to go to the owner's meeting and see the look on the salesperson's face. They never believe us.

The only problem w/ McAlpin are the high fees, especially on the 2-bdrm. If you don't have the 30K spent on retail property, I would buy elsewhere and save on the annual fees.

You can negotiate it down from the prices shown. The 2-bdrm platinum will go for 10-12K, but depends on the current HGVC owner. Some demand higher.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
McAlpin only resells their properties. It will only count towards Elite status if you have purchased a retail property @ $30K or above (any HGVC, no affiliates).

We purchased in Vegas and @ Anderson Ocean Club before ever finding TUG (yes, my mistake...). The benefit was we were able to purchase 2 McAlpin resale units and receive Elite Plus status. It was easy. It's come in handy for our family on exchanges and use all the points. It's actually fun to go to the owner's meeting and see the look on the salesperson's face. They never believe us.

The only problem w/ McAlpin are the high fees, especially on the 2-bdrm. If you don't have the 30K spent on retail property, I would buy elsewhere and save on the annual fees.

You can negotiate it down from the prices shown. The 2-bdrm platinum will go for 10-12K, but depends on the current HGVC owner. Some demand higher.

It makes me wonder why the fees are so high?

It's not like there are a huge amount of amenities there to pay for.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro

This did not match my experience when I bought my Surf Club resale week (from the on-site sales office). They bumped me to Elite w/ that purchase, even though I certainly did not meet the $30K retail requirement of previous purchases. I guess it could have changed, or varies from sales office to sales office.

Kurt

archsof

TUG Member
Reaction score
This did not match my experience when I bought my Surf Club resale week (from the on-site sales office). They bumped me to Elite w/ that purchase, even though I certainly did not meet the $30K retail requirement of previous purchases. I guess it could have changed, or varies from sales office to sales office.

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

The 30K was told to me by another salesperson @ HGVC Vegas on the Strip in July'16 after he didn't believe we achieved Elite Plus w/ the resale @ McAlpin. He didn't have any motivation on the subject as he knew we would never buy from him. His advice was to purchase more to achieve Premier if we wanted it. We closed in Dec'15. It could be we were told only McAlpin properties would qualify or at least that was what we were led to believe. Thanks for the info.

Never have seen documentation on it.

Jerry

phil1ben

TUG Member
Reaction score
It makes me wonder why the fees are so high?

It's not like there are a huge amount of amenities there to pay for.

The Operating expenses are higher because they are historic buildings. Also the RE taxes are high but this is relatively small compared to the OE. HGVC still gets their pound of flesh by hammering the facility on Maintenance and Asset Management fees. Because you are in the heart of South Beach I also assume that the labor and material costs are high.

Having said that we are still happy with our resale purchase at South Beach. I would do it again.