• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A new Hyatt is on the way!

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's another new Hyatt property on the way. The location is really something!

Bootser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it St. Martin

Is it St. Martin?

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question 3: Not Cayman, but that one is already in the works.

Question 4: Not Europe, but Paris and London have been discussed in the past.

Hmmm, maybe a clue is in order. "Beads"

MLC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it Newport California? If I am right what do I get? Ha!Ha!

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not yet mentioned this on my website, so this is late breaking gnews.

Good guess on New Orleans, but that's not it.

Not St. Maarten (but that would be a wonderful addition).

Not a ski area

Not California as those are already in the mill.

Let's expand the clue from "beads" to "beads and trinkets" ;)

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Manhattan?

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kal,
Any details yet? Not that I have a ghost of a chance to stay there, just curious. Julie

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Generally in a metropolitan area Hyatt will place the time share property very close to an existing Hyatt Regency Hotel. That way HVC owners will have full access to all the amenities offered by the hotel...fitness center, spa, restaurants, etc.

You can expect the units to be a hotel conversion approach. Maybe an executive 3-par golf course within walking distance? Yep, down 5th Avenue. FORE!!!! :D

rfb813

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was in the New York Post on September 22, 2006. Note paragraph 3 regarding time shares as a segmet of the development.

HYATT PLANS NEW HOTEL
FOR 5TH AVE.

By LOIS WEISS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email Archives
Print © Reprint
Feeds Newsletters

September 22, 2006 -- The Bryant Park fashion scene was somewhat revived yesterday when 485 Fifth Ave. was contracted to Global Hyatt Corporation for $136 million.

The good news for those who were hoping to buy condos but - as The Post's Braden Keil reported last week - were given back their deposits by the seller, is that Hyatt, too, plans to have residences.

Sources said those units will top off the stack that will include time share units in the middle and hotel below. The Post has also learned that Hyatt will likely keep fashion designer Peter Som's striking lobby design, which is yet to be built.

Mark Gordon at Sonnenblick Goldman arranged the transaction but Hyatt approached the developers, a combination of Belfonti Capital Partners and The Carlyle Group, with an offer they couldn't refuse.

The sellers had bought the former office building from Tommy Hilfiger for $86 million, and had already invested approximately another $15 million before they pulled the plug this month for Hyatt.

Only demolition was completed with about half the 105 units sold.

lat

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is funny. I was reading a newspaper news the other day and it talked about this Burger King owner who is in the process of suing Hyatt for the timeshare contruction next to the Hyatt hotel which affects his business. It is by the United Nation area.

DeweyWhopper

Reaction score
I stumbled across this newsbit, which I have not heard before. Are you reading this like I am, that Hyatt is building a new resort in Vail (not Beaver Creek) ?

http://www.vailrealestate.com/communitynews.cfm?NewsClipID=304

"Hyatt fractional and whole ownership residences create “hot beds”: The residential portion of the EWP proposal features both whole ownership residences and Hyatt-branded fractional residences. The whole ownership residences will be configured with “lock-off” hotel rooms, effectively increasing the size of the hotel to more than 300 “keys.” The fractional residences will become A Hyatt Vacation Club Resort, joining resort properties that include the Hyatt Grand Aspen in Aspen, Colo., and the Highlands Inn in Carmel on the northern coast of California. The integration with the Hyatt Vacation Club will broaden the hotel’s reach in attracting guests to Vail and in ensuring high occupancy rates at the One Vail project"

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, so how many new locations does that make?

Manhattan, Maui, Stowe Vt, So Calif (Newport?), Vail.
Any others?

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt has a new program of "fractional residences". From what I can gather the intent is to combine a hotel with long term residences and timeshares. This means there will be more timeshare properties that are not stand-alone like those currently in the program. It's a way of cost sharing to get more facilities on the map.

It's all a matter of high occupancy rates.

DeweyWhopper

Reaction score
Hyatt may even be building one day in Snowmass...

http://timeshareownersblog.sellmytimesharenow.com/archives/category/locations/colorado/

In an October 16 meeting with town council members at Snowmass Village, Colorado, Hyatt Vacation Ownership vice president Larry Shulman and fractional developer Pat Smith explained Hyatt’s intent behind their recent application for a land use permit.

Hyatt Vacation Ownership is seeking to develop vacation properties to fill a new niche market. According to John Burlingame, a Hyatt Vacation Club vice president who had previously spoken before the Snowmass Planning Commission, more families are traveling together as a group. There is also a trend among extended families to buy shared vacation property. Hyatt referred to the concept as “togethering.”

To meet this specific need, Hyatt wants to offer fractional ownership of 51 residences, seven of which will be five-bedroom units; 25 will be four-bedroom units, with the others offering either one, two, or three bedrooms.