• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Your impression of Harborside

ccy

Reaction score
I've been reading trip reports from other sites and I have read some pretty negative ones. To those who have stayed or who own at Harborside, what can you say about the condition of the units and facilities in Phase I? And since people are allowed to smoke in their units, did you have any problem with smell?

Thanks.

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed at a Phase I 1br Jan 2005, first room we were assigned to had ceiling maintenance being down in the bathroom, so they moved us to another room. Absolutely no problems with it. Other than design issues (absolutely no hooks in the bathroom), I had no problems with it. Seems like a flagship property for them, difficult to think they'd let it get rundown.

Jeff

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Visited May 2005 1 bd premium,larger 1 bd. Excellent view and condition,Phase I facing the harbor. Staff was super. No smoke smell. I have asthma so can't endure smoke.

Last edited:

tsl

TUG Member
Reaction score
ccy said:
I've been reading trip reports from other sites and I have read some pretty negative ones. To those who have stayed or who own at Harborside, what can you say about the condition of the units and facilities in Phase I? And since people are allowed to smoke in their units, did you have any problem with smell?

Thanks.

I worried about the same thing. When we first went down, I couldn't smell anything. Now, I think the whole Harborside is smoke free. I think we were notified of this as owners. You could also call Starwood and check w/ them. If you want to smoke, you are supposed to use the balcony.

We found our Phase I unit to be in excellent condition. Honestly, we didn't stay in it much except to sleep, change and eat. There were so many activites, we were always on the go. I think the difference in Phase I and II is that Phase II units are smaller and the views are not good. However, Phase I does not have the granite countertops, flat screen TVs and perhaps a few other upgrades. To us, those upgrades were not important. The original pricing of Phase I was substantially less than Phase II so I would assume that fact will impact the prices that you find on resale.

Since Harborside is expensive (resale and maintenance fees), you might want to rent (or direct trade) for a unit to see if it is the resort for you. It was for us:banana:

Brergo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We visited in August 2005 and found it to be beautiful. We had no problems at all with our 1 BR unit or the property itself.

Coocoojay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Harborside Great

We were there in a two bedroom in the new addition in May 2006 with our daughter, son-in-law, and 2 yr old grandson and it was great! We had been there 2 years before the new addition which was also great. It wasn't too crowded, it wasn't too cold, and the resturants were not too expensive. Our grandson enjoyed all the kiddie pools and of course we enjoyed watching him. Didn't have any booking problems, but did call exactly 8 months in advance. WiFi worked great. We are all non-smokers and couldn't smell a thing. So we plan to go there every couple of years as we live east of the Ohio River and we can almost drive there.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you join TUG, you can access extensive member's reviews on the TUG Review Page.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Coocoojay said:
We were there in a two bedroom in the new addition in May 2006 with our daughter, son-in-law, and 2 yr old grandson and it was great! We had been there 2 years before the new addition which was also great. It wasn't too crowded, it wasn't too cold, and the resturants were not too expensive. Our grandson enjoyed all the kiddie pools and of course we enjoyed watching him. Didn't have any booking problems, but did call exactly 8 months in advance. WiFi worked great. We are all non-smokers and couldn't smell a thing. So we plan to go there every couple of years as we live east of the Ohio River and we can almost drive there.

Almost drive to the Bahamas? Are you sure your talking about the same place as the OP ?

reddiablosv

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have been to the Harborside twice. Both times we stayed in a one bedroom premium unit. In Jan.2005 in Phase 1 in Jan. 2006 Phase 2. The units were wonderful, the resort was wonderful. My wife says it is the only resort she wants to return to every year!!! Can I say more? Ben

ccy

Reaction score
"My wife and I have been to the Harborside twice. Both times we stayed in a one bedroom premium unit. In Jan.2005 in Phase 1 in Jan. 2006 Phase 2. The units were wonderful, the resort was wonderful. My wife says it is the only resort she wants to return to every year!!! Can I say more? Ben
September 4, 2006 08:32 PM "

Which Phase did you like more .... I know Phase I has great views but how the units, how do they compare? Thanks.

gcole

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the reviews you are reading on other sites are for the hotel. I have heard alot of grumbling over those units. Harborside is completly seperate. It is the nicest place we have stayed. The only down side is the price of food and lack of ocean view. Although, the view is awesome in it's own way. The pool is uncrowded and open late also.

reddiablosv

TUG Member
Reaction score
ccy, the phase 2 interiors are an upgrade on the basic phase 1 layout. The main difference that I recall being granite counter tops, nicer fabrics, etc. However, the phase 1 units are not bad by any standard and I prefer the the older units because of the view. My phase 1 unit overlooked the marina and the the entrance to the Royal Tower. My phase 2 unit overlooked a tiny courtyard. Ben

ccy

Reaction score
reddiablosv, do you have a fixed week and unit in phase I? I spoke with a Starwood rep and she told me that there is no such thing as a fixed unit. They only put a unit no. for deed purposes, but when you call to reserve your week, they will give you what's available and not necessarily your deeded unit. Is that true?

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
I don't know about other resorts but we own at Harborsid and I have a top floor marina view unit and if I use my deeded week I always get that unit--even when I have gone other weeks I request my unit and have gotten it.

As to the original question I thought I would never buy a timeshare but after visiting I knew I would be happy to go back year after year. Units are well kept and clean and the help is very friendly. Phase 1 has better views and the units themselves are larger in general--more tropical decor rather than contemporary--also only vhs players in phase one versus dvd players in the phase 2

ccy

Reaction score
"I don't know about other resorts but we own at Harborsid and I have a top floor marina view unit and if I use my deeded week I always get that unit--even when I have gone other weeks I request my unit and have gotten it."

We're in the process of purchasing and that's good to know.

iluvwdw

Reaction score
I have stayed at Harborside 4 times and LOVED it each and every time! It is my favorite resort. I'd go here EVERY year if I could! We have always stayed in Phase I...by choice. I prefer the awesome MARINA VIEWS, over the new additions in Phase II. Nothing beats sitting on your balcony and having the marina and Royal Towers as your backdrop.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at Harborside twice. I had a 2 bedroom unit in Phase 2 last November. No maintance issues but the weather wasn't great that week. We had a lot of wind and rain!
I rented a unit from a TUGger several years ago (Phase 1). It was a corner unit overlooking the Atlantis resort. We did have a problem with the air conditioner. They couldn't fix it until the next day. I didn't want to move because I loved the view from that unit. So we suffered (it was HOT) that first night!

influential

Reaction score
Seems as though reviews are positive. I concur. Sat there right now in a 1 bed with water-view. It's my third trip to the resort and each has been fine. No problems with smells etc. Now, if just I could win some $$$ on the Craps table, it would pay for my MFs!

influential

Reaction score
Thought I'd provide an update on current pricing at Harborside 2 bed lockoff:

Plat $52,500
Gold $45,300
Silv $30,300

100,000 SPG points incentive.

djp

TUG Member
Reaction score
can you buy a 1br at harborside, anyone know how much???

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
We were in a two bedroom Phase I overlooking the marina the first week of October. No smell, but the unit was definitely tired. Carpet, chairs and couches were visibly worn and needing a replacement soon.....

David

Bulldog91

TUG Member
Reaction score
To djp

You can buy 1 BR units at Harborside. 1 BR Premium units are going for $19,000 in the Silver season, so 1 BR Deluxe units are probably less. The SPG incentive points for the Premium were 50,000. This information is current as of October 2006.