• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cost of case of beer in Cancun

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to do the math on whether to get an owners package discount while staying at Imperial Fiesta Club. One of the unknowns in my math equation is the cost of the typical case of beer at a Walmart type store in Cancun. I'm sure there are not many beer drinking Tuggers out there but if there are and you've bought a case of beer and you remember what you paid for it it please let me know.

alfie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beers

I just went down and checked...Bud 16pesos a can, Corona 14 pesos and XXLager is 12 pesos, at a rate of 14.40 pesos for a USD. The bottles are cheaper at 11.50 pesos...Less than a dollar. If you want to bring something, bring peanut butter...

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Based on my previous experience

beer bought downtown such as in WalMart was approximately 50% of the cost of buying in the Resort Markets. I don't remember seeing a price for a case of beer, it was always priced by the can. So based on the prices that Alfie posted (I assume Royal market prices) you can decide if its worth the effort to make a run into town.

buceo

Reaction score
I just have to summarize, Alfie read the post, left his villa, went downstairs to the market, checked beer prices and reported in. Thanks Alfie, that's above and beyond, kudos!

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just have to summarize, Alfie read the post, left his villa, went downstairs to the market, checked beer prices and reported in. Thanks Alfie, that's above and beyond, kudos!

The question is, did he come back empty handed, or is there a taste-test now in progress? :D

cerralee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went down and checked...Bud 16pesos a can, Corona 14 pesos and XXLager is 12 pesos, at a rate of 14.40 pesos for a USD. The bottles are cheaper at 11.50 pesos...Less than a dollar. If you want to bring something, bring peanut butter...

Thanks Alfie, that really was above and beyond. It makes my decision easier, Now I just have to figure out if the resort will let us keep a little cooler poolside or not.

Thanks to everyone else too, I hope a taste test was involved-I'm not usually a beer drinker but I do like the sol.

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Bringing your own drinks

to the pool or the beach in a cooler is not a problem at the Royal Resorts, I do it all the time. Enjoy your visit, and have a cold one for me.

Kenrabs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Last week at Walmart I think Corona was 170 pesos a case if I'm not mistaken. You can bring coolers to the pool. I recommend a soft bag type cooler. Easy to carry and put in luggage.

alfie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wine tasting

Actually we did do the wine tasting...and to suggest that a fellow Tugger go home empty handed...well shame on you.