• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney - New Disabled Assistance System - Who has used it?

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back in the fall, Disney replaced the Guest Assistance Card with the new disabled assistance system. I'm wondering those TUGGERs with a child with disability who have used it how it was and how it affected your day/trip. I was going to book a Disney trip, but should get some feedback on the new system first.

I don't want a debate on the validity of the system, just info from those who have used it.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
August 2013 trip

My family took my younger brother last August and did find some differences. My dad had no issues obtaining the proper documents from Disney as my brother had previously visited disney and obtained the old style pass in 2006. The main difference is that this time it was more like a fast pass as it got him into the fast pass line but not to the front of the que as in the past.(My brother does not do well in crowds for a legitimate medical reason). Hopefully that info helps you a bit, I would say to go for it personally as there did not seem to be a huge difference.

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I was reading, people don't like it. I read a link through mousesavers. From what I read, it said that if you get a return time for a ride, they write that time on your card, and you can't go to another ride in between times and use that card until it's signed off by that ride your waiting for. The poster said that they didn't get on as many rides as in the past. The new card only allows you access to the fast pass line where you must wait your turn, there were many complaints in that area also because a lot of the riders can't wait in lines that long. It looks like a few bad apples ruined the Disney experience for people who are really in need.

wimom03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cancelled our trip this summer based on the feedback of the new system. We have a disabled 7 year old (deaf blind, multi disabled). She loves disney, so we booked a week at Disney Vero beach thru RCI and may try 1 day at the Magic Kingdome before or after the week. I'd love to hear people's feedback visiting with disabled children too. I think we will try for a very off season week next year and try it, but not during the summer.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Disney trip is out. We leave for Mexico on Friday and my in-laws were to watch the kids so we could have some time alone, but there was a family emergency on my wife's step dads side. So the kids are coming and the next trip budget is severely depleted due to the cost of two last minute tickets to Mexico for $2400.:mad: I know we will all have fun, but it would have been nice to be able to use points/miles.

I think it as a mixed blessing. If the kids have lots of fun in Mexico, we probably won't go back to Disney...Plus it doesn't cost $100 pp/per day do be entertained in Mexico!!!;)

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I cancelled our trip this summer based on the feedback of the new system. We have a disabled 7 year old (deaf blind, multi disabled). She loves disney, so we booked a week at Disney Vero beach thru RCI and may try 1 day at the Magic Kingdome before or after the week. I'd love to hear people's feedback visiting with disabled children too. I think we will try for a very off season week next year and try it, but not during the summer.

We went in March with our son who is mobile but doesn't have the stamina that a "normal" child will have. The system worked pretty well, but between the change from the old GAC and the fast passes (which changed again after our trip) my mind always seemed to be spinning to try to figure out the best way to squeeze in his favorite rides. I had a couple of fast passes that we changed the time on more than once and a couple we didn't use at all, but I think that system is improving now. My not-so-smart phone was useless for accessing their site, so I had to use the kiosks in the park. Some kiosks were lined up but some were begging to help you.

We decided to try leaving my son's wheelchair at home, but in hindsight, that was a bad choice. The new system requires a lot more walking (for somebody at least, usually me going to get the return times). Otherwise you just sit and wait for a return time. My son doesn't wait well.

As long as you go early in the day and also get fast passes, I think you can still have a pleasant time. If you can avoid peak times at the parks, even better.

Sheila