• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

EOY Usage and II/RCI

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
As we are new to timesharing... we were wondering if we purchase an odd EOY, do we still get to use II/RCI for last minute getaways/perks in even years?
(Understanding that our affiliation with one or the other depends on the TS we choose to purchase)

Thanks!

JPD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have and every odd year, I have RCI. I have used last call many times, all you pay is the price for whatever sized unit it is. I have not used extra vacations, but they are also available if I want them.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You have to pay a membership to one or the other or both if your resort is dual affiliated and you want both. As long as you are a paying member you can use extra vacations/getaways.

NWTRVLRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gotcha!

So basically, we pay the membership that goes with our specific EOY... and then pay the yearly fee for RCI or II on the year that we don't have our EOY usage? So we are paying a fee every year for RCO or II membership?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Gotcha!

So basically, we pay the membership that goes with our specific EOY... and then pay the yearly fee for RCI or II on the year that we don't have our EOY usage? So we are paying a fee every year for RCO or II membership?

You basically need to carry your II membership every year even though you own an EOY week.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Another option is to join DAE that is free to join and take advantage of their "bonus time."

www.daelive.com

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
You basically need to carry your II membership every year even though you own an EOY week.
Like Dioxode stated, you don't EOY your RCI, II, HGVC or other "yearly" membership fees, those have to be paid every year.

Remember that although you get points or a week EOY, you don't have to use those points/week in the year that they are received. You can use 2015 points/week in 2014 (borrow) or 2016 (bank). By paying your EOY TS membership fees every year you get other benefits like annual/yearly access to RCI Last Calls, RCI Extra Vacation, RCI Platinum benefits, II Gold benefits, II Getaways, and also HGVC Open Season, just to name a few of the benefits.

Also remember that you need access into the exchange system in the off year to make your reservation.

Last edited:

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Another option is to join DAE that is free to join and take advantage of their "bonus time."

www.daelive.com
Depending what TS the OP owns, using a different exchange company than the one associated with that specific TS may not be an option.

i.e. I own a Marriott 2-Bdrm L/O. I call Marriott each year to lock-off the unit and then they bring II on line so that they can deposit the 2 units into II, so that I can exchange into another Marriott or Westin property/TS in II. Therefore, I pay II my membership each year.

I also own a 2 Bdrm Grandview which gives me 80K RCI Points each year. Therefore, I have to pay RCI my membership each year.

And then, there's that HGVC yearly membership fee each year.

Last edited:

hjtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
With Wyndham EOY points your fees cover the trading membership every year.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
With Wyndham EOY points your fees cover the trading membership every year.

This is a good point. There are many ownerships that pay for an exchange account, although the cost of this is built into the annual fees. Nothing is free.