• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I Became a US Citizen Today

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Some may have noticed that I changed my avatar a few days ago to that of a US and Canadian flag together. It all became official today. I attended my Naturalization Oath ceremony today and became a US Citizen.

I started the journey back in June when I applied for citizenship. I would perhaps have been done last month as I was originally scheduled an interview in early September but had to reschedule because it was while we were on vacation out of state.

Off to complete my passport application.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. I had no idea you weren't an American. Welcome. How long have you lived in ohio. I have lived east of Cleveland all my life.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! We have been in Washington DC the last week visiting memorials and monuments. There was a nice exhibit on naturalization in the Nat'l Archives where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution are displayed. Impressive.

The tax bill is in the mail. :)

Jim

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Congratulations. I had no idea you weren't an American. Welcome. How long have you lived in ohio. I have lived east of Cleveland all my life.

Thanks. I have lived in Ohio since I came to the USA in 2000. I became a permanent resident in 2001.

Congratulations! We have been in Washington DC the last week visiting memorials and monuments. There was a nice exhibit on naturalization in the Nat'l Archives where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution are displayed. Impressive.

The tax bill is in the mail. :)

Jim

Thanks, quite the welcome :) The tax bill is the same. The only difference now is that it doesn't matter where I live, even if I move outside the USA. I have to file a IRS tax return. I may or may not result in me paying taxes to Uncle Sam though. I don't plan on leaving the US at this point, so it really is all the same.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Congratulations! I wish you success and happiness on this side of the border. And no more Green Cards. :)

Living as close as I do to the BC border, my family is a mix of U.S. and Canadian citizens. I've even given thought to moving across the border into Canada. There are certain differences between the societies, but all in all we're very similar people. And on weekends when I go to Costco here, I'm surrounded by BC license plates anyway. So it's kind of like I'm already there. ;)

Dave

Last edited:

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
Hi,
Dioxide, I saw you name on visajourney and was so excited. I said to my husband " Hey!,I know who that is"
I am about to become a permanent resident in a few months. My interview at the Montreal consulate is mid November. My husband (US citizen) and I are moving to Florida.

congratulations on your citizenship. I will have to wait for 3 year to become one.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Fern

Some may have noticed that I changed my avatar a few days ago to that of a US and Canadian flag together. It all became official today. I attended my Naturalization Oath ceremony today and became a US Citizen.

I started the journey back in June when I applied for citizenship. I would perhaps have been done last month as I was originally scheduled an interview in early September but had to reschedule because it was while we were on vacation out of state.

Off to complete my passport application.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Congratulations Dioxide! I love your new Avatar too.

Best Regards,

Richard

taffy19

Reaction score
Congratulations, dioxide. You can vote now!

Are Canadians allowed to have dual Citizenship? Just curious as Great Britain allows it but the Netherlands do not.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Welcome to the dual club. That is why I have my avatar.

Canada by birth, US in 2010.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! We've been helping a friend study for her citizenship exams. She's lived here for years, but she never knew why July 4th was a holiday.
We're enjoying telling her about the basics of American History. We the People!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the dual club of a U S and a Canadian citizen that must be an awesome feeling.

Gophesjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! No more deportation threats related to vengeful neighbors or jilted timeshare salesmen reacting to recissions ... :wave:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am thinking that this is all a part, a ploy, if you will.....of Canada's pre-invasion strategy if you ask me........... ;)

Reasons to Fear Canada (humor - not political, by Sean Carman)

Ninety percent of population is massed within 100 miles of northern American border.

Seems not to mind that one of its provinces has turned almost entirely French.

Excessive politeness only makes sense as cover for something truly sinister, but what?

Citizens seem strangely impervious to cold.

Has infiltrated entertainment industry with singers, actors, and comedians practically indistinguishable from their American counterparts. (They walk among us).

Consistently stays just below cultural radar yet never quite disappears.

Parliamentary government and common-law judiciary appear to function acceptably, yet remain completely inscrutable.

Never had a "disco phase."

Seemingly endless supply of timber, donuts, maple syrup and Scottish-plaid hats with earflaps.

Keeps insisting it "has no designs on America" and "only wants peace."

Plays a mean game of pond hockey.

BTW, well done and we shine a little more brightly with you !!

-

Last edited:

persia

Reaction score
Welcome to the club of passport flippers! Two passports, two drivers licenses, two government pension systems, two....

4 months. Not bad, we allowed six almost seven months for my wife before we leave the US...

As to the 4th of July, it's a date on a document that at least one former US president thought wouldn't hold much significance....

But the Day is past. The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.

---John Adams

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Dioxide,

Congrats and great news!! and I like the new avatar....

Best,

Greg