• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vienna to Lake Bled - Julian Alps?

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Doing some itinerary-tuning on a future trip that contains 3 TS exchanges, and deciding how many nights of Vienna TS to give up.

We begin at Hotel Cortina - near Vienna ('burbs) which I took because the dates worked. I aready decided to give up 1 nite to travel to Lake Bled. Question is, should we give up 2 nights, to stay at Lake Bled 2 nights and go on a scenic drive thru the Julian Alps?

Love Swiss and Italian Alps. But Vienna TS is paid for and I don't want to shortchange our time there. How many nights do we really need/want? I know it's a personal preference decision - just wondered if anyone here has driven thru the Julian Alps. If you've been both places, what would you do? We love architecture and music, but get tired of too many museums, so wouldn't stay in Vienna just to see another art collection.

Lots of other destinations on this trip, which continues thru Slovenia to Hungary, 2 TS exchanges, of which we're giving up 2 nites to go to Cesky Krumlov on the way to Prague, because I think we'll have enough days in Hungary.

PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We loved our time at Lake Bled. We arrived one afternoon, and stayed the next day, and left the day after. It beautiful--in sort of the way you imagine a German village would be, very tidy. There is a castle to see and, of course, the drive around the lake. There's a little tram that takes you around the whole lake, and that's better than driving because the car road leaves the lake part of the time. I don't remember how much the tram cost, but it wasn't much. There are lots of hotels and restaurants close to the tram loading station.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed for 4 nights in Lake Bled several years ago and loved it. I like the Swiss and Italian Alps better, but the Julian Alps are beautiful too. Definitely would stay an additional night here.