• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC/RCI Portal

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to change the dates on my ongoing search that I just set up (entered 2016 instead of 2017 :eek: ) and it says I have to call in to make any changes. I noticed my other ongoing searches say the same thing. When did this happen? Does anyone know if we will always have to call in to make changes? I've always handled everything online. I am using the old site.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's too bad. Looks like an RCI issue and not a Hilton issue. I see they have been working on fixing it for over a month. :crash:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I have never fully understand the benefit of RCI for HGVC owners.

It seems that despite an OGS, the furthest out an HGVC only owner can get is a search approx. 9 months to 1 year in the future.

However, when I read what RCI owners say, the best way to get DVC units etc is with an OGS that is two years out. A two year search is not available to HGVC owners, therefore all that is available are the less desirable leftovers.

Am I overlooking something about how this is done with HGVC? Is there a back door solution?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I know we used to be able to set up an OGS more than 1 year out, and not have to pay the exchange fee in advance. I just had one hit for Aug 2017 I had forgot all about it or even when I created it.
The portal is also good for sightings inside one year, I got 3 days in NYC at W 57th for 720 points plus $79 exchange fee.
I agree it's not the easiest but there are some diamonds in the rough that can be snagged.

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

m4travels

TUG Member
Reaction score

It seems that despite an OGS, the furthest out an HGVC only owner can get is a search approx. 9 months to 1 year in the future.

However, when I read what RCI owners say, the best way to get DVC units etc is with an OGS that is two years out. A two year search is not available to HGVC owners, therefore all that is available are the less desirable leftovers.

Am I overlooking something about how this is done with HGVC? Is there a back door solution?

I just put in an ongoing search that expires two years from today (late October 2017 through 20 August 2018) with no problem whatsoever just by doing a regular search.

Michael

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Up to two years for OGS has always been available to HGVC members.

Here's what I posted back in 2009 - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=746186&postcount=19
The HGVC website still basically states the same thing when you login and select "MY CLUB" then "RCI AFFILIATED RESORTS" then "RESERVATIONS". (See below)

From the HGVC RCI Reservation Page:

RCI Weekly Exchange
Request reservations up to 2 years prior to check-in
Use your annual allotment of ClubPoints, Saved ClubPoints, Bonus Points or previously RCI deposited ClubPoints.
Click "Book My Exchange Reservation" to explore the directory of participating resorts and to book a weekly reservation.

RCI Nightly Exchange
Request reservations up to 10 months prior to check-in
Use your annual allotment of ClubPoints, Saved ClubPoints, Bonus Points or previously RCI deposited ClubPoints.
Travel must occur prior to the expiration date of the allotted Points
An ongoing search option is not available for nightly reservations
Click "Book My Exchange Reservation" to explore the directory of participating resorts and book a weekly reservation

elleny76

Reaction score
Question: 3 days in NYC for 720 points + $79 exchange fee ( is this fee RCI or HGVC?) how about the $299 you supposed to pay RCI when you book in their portal? am learning the RCI way.
Was this booking an OGS? or how did you get those days?
Thanks

I know we used to be able to set up an OGS more than 1 year out, and not have to pay the exchange fee in advance. I just had one hit for Aug 2017 I had forgot all about it or even when I created it.
The portal is also good for sightings inside one year, I got 3 days in NYC at W 57th for 720 points plus $79 exchange fee.
I agree it's not the easiest but there are some diamonds in the rough that can be snagged.

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Question: 3 days in NYC for 720 points + $79 exchange fee ( is this fee RCI or HGVC?) how about the $299 you supposed to pay RCI when you book in their portal? am learning the RCI way.
Was this booking an OGS? or how did you get those days?
Thanks
The RCI Fees are different for RCI Weekly stays vs RCI Nightly (aka RCI Points) stays (see fees below).

Additional info on RCI
- http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1605364&postcount=5
- http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1702883&postcount=4

From http://www.hgvclubprogram.com/content/2Fees-ENG-Rev050416.pdf

RCI WEEKLY RESERVATIONS - on a per reservation basis
Exchange Fee for reservations made online - $219
Exchange Fee for reservations made via phone - $229

RCI NIGHTLY RESERVATIONS
All RCI nightly transactions confirmed via the call center incur a $10 per transaction higher fee than if confirmed online as listed below
1 Night $39
2 Nights $59
3 Nights $79
4 Nights $99
5 Nights $139
6 Nights $159
An additional Housekeeping Fee will be charged by the Resort.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
The RCI Fees are different for RCI Weekly stays vs RCI Nightly (aka RCI Points) stays (see fees below).

Additional info on RCI
- http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1605364&postcount=5
- http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1702883&postcount=4

Thanks AlwaysonVac for the info. RCI has been a black box to me. A couple of additional questions:

1) Can HGVC bonus points be used for an RCI reservation? If so how is this done? Are bonus points refundable if cancelled?
2) When you find an available reservation on the RCI website from a search (not OGS), how do you know if it is a weekly reservation or a nightly (points) reservation?
3) Are there fees if you don't use the entire week?
a) What if you cannot check-in the first day but arrive the second or third. Are there consequences (assuming you notify them in advance.)​
b) what if you leave a day or so early?​

Thanks in advance for sharing your insights.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
QUESTION #1 Can HGVC bonus points be used for an RCI reservation? If so how is this done? Are bonus points refundable if cancelled?
Yes, bonus can be used for an RCI Reservation but you have to call. It can't be booked online.
Yes, if your RCI reservation is cancelled, it follows the same cancellation policy as regular points and fees are nonrefundable.
However keep in mind if a cancellation occurs after the bonus points expiration date, you will lose your points.

From the 2016 Club Rules - http://www.hgvclubprogram.com/content/1Rules-ENG-Rev062716.pdf
Cancellations of RCI Night or Weekly Reservations.
Cancellation of a weekly or nightly RCI reservation will result in forfeiture of the entire applicable exchange fee. Cancellation thirty (30) days to fifteen (15) days in advance of the check-in date will result in forfeiture of 25% of the points used to confirm the reservation. Cancellation fourteen (14) days to six (6) days in advance of the check-in date will result in forfeiture of 50% of the points used to confirm the reservation. Cancellation five (5) days or less in advance of the check-in date will result in forfeiture of 100% of the points used to confirm the reservation. Eligible ClubPoints will be returned to the Member’s Club account if the points are from a current or future use year. ClubPoints from previous or expired use years may be deposited to RCI for a fee. Bonus Point reservation cancellations made after the expiration date of such Bonus Points will result in 100% forfeiture of the applied Bonus Points.

QUESTION #2 When you find an available reservation on the RCI website from a search (not OGS), how do you know if it is a weekly reservation or a nightly (points) reservation?

For nightly stays, normally a calendar will appear to allow you to select the nights you want.

There are some exceptions, some RCI Points resorts don't support nightly reservations. Disney comes to mind. You may see RCI Weekly and RCI Points stays displayed as full weeks. Take a look at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa (#DV06) right now. After each week it states whether the inventory is from RCI WEEKLY or RCI POINTS.

An example of RCI Nightly availability
If you search for "Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Tuscany Village (#6309)" in the Florida-Orlando area, RCI will pop up mini calendar when you click on the check-in box. This will allow you to pick your nightly stays based on availability.

An example of RCI Weekly availability
If you search for "Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Anderson Ocean Club (#C771" in South Carolina, you will noticed selectable weeks listed on the initial check-in page. It looks like the popup mini calendar only shows the check-in date for the weekly reservations.

QUESTION #3 Are there fees if you don't use the entire week?
a) What if you cannot check-in the first day but arrive the second or third. Are there consequences (assuming you notify them in advance.)​
b) what if you leave a day or so early?​

Thanks in advance for sharing your insights.

I'm not aware of any resort fees for late arrival or early departure.
But I suggest that you always contact the resort if you plan to arrive late so they don't give your room away.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thank you! This info is giving me courage to try this out.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thank you! This info is giving me courage to try this out.

Just a tip
if it's your first time using the RCI website via HGVC login, use the NEW SEARCH button (instead of the tabs on the RCI home page).

How to get to the NEW SEARCH button from the Home page
- Once you get to the RCI page, choose the QUICK SEARCH and just select USA in the REGION field
- The SUB REGION field will automatically default to Alaska and click SEARCH.
- Once you get to this page click on the button called NEW SEARCH. It will take you to a new screen where you can freely change region/sub region without going back to the home page tabs.

Once you select a region you'll be able to select additional search criteria such as GOLD CROWN, LENGTH OF STAY, ALL-INCLUSIVE NOT REQUIRED, MINIMMUM UNIT SIZE, ETC

Play around to get familiar with the RCI site.

Have fun :)

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

I have seen inventory in RCI points that is further than the regular 10 months out. I was able to get a unit at MC for NYE a few years ago that was RCI points inventory thru the HGVC portal. It was not visible in the regular RCI points system. My confirmation said RCI points and was booked 13 months out.

ibcnu

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I booked a resort last month through RCI via HGVC link for New Years Eve 2016/2017 (check-in December 30, 2016) -- 18 months out, using HGVC/RCI points.

I was thrilled to see the resort pop up, especially for that time period (NYE) as it is one of only a few South Florida resorts that is pet-friendly.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I have seen inventory in RCI points that is further than the regular 10 months out. I was able to get a unit at MC for NYE a few years ago that was RCI points inventory thru the HGVC portal. It was not visible in the regular RCI points system. My confirmation said RCI points and was booked 13 months out.

Was your Manhattan Club reservation for NYE less than 7 nights or more than 7 nights? :ponder:

Maybe your confirmation stated RCI Points because Manhattan Club is listed in the RCI DIRECTORY as a RCI POINTS resort (see link). :shrug:

We know from the TUG Sightings forum that Mahattan Club deposits have been sighted in both RCI Weeks and RCI Points. If it was a seven night reservation then it probably came from RCI Weeks inventory.

NOTE: Per the RCI POINTS Disclosure Guide, RCI Points inventory opens up to all members at 10 months - http://img3.wynimg.com/static/docs/namer/en_US/DisclosureGuidePoints.pdf

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Not sure. I really don't remember if more days were available to book or not but I booked 7 nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

Not eggsactly... Last Spring, I booked an RCI stay for September.
I went to plan the trip a few weeks ago and found it was for _2017_.
IOW, instead of 6 months out, it was 18 months from date of booking.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's fixed!!!!

I noticed (using old website) that I could now cancel and modify my ongoing searches online today. I have successfully canceled the one I made in error. :whoopie:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I noticed (using old website) that I could now cancel and modify my ongoing searches online today. I have successfully canceled the one I made in error. :whoopie:

This morning? RCI goes down every Sat nite for maintenance, they probably deployed the fix last night.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk