• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hokulani and Bay Club stay

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We just got back from Hawaii. Grown 'kids' stayed in Hokulani, while DH and I stayed with family. I got a glimpse of the Hokulani unit which looked nice. Its oddities which my kids noted later are:
1. TV monitor embedded in the bathroom mirror. Only noticed it cause son found the remote for it.
2. bidet and Toto toilet in bathroom.
3. bathroom only accessible thru the bedroom.

Otherwise it's in a great Waikiki location; except parking is exhorbitant.

Bay Club was nice and spacious. Staff was great. One employee on his golf cart stopped to ask us if we needed more pool towels because he noticed us carrying our own brought towels from the car.
The few things I wish Bay Club would supply more of are larger serving dishes, bowls or pans, and large non-stick frying pan. We had 2 pyrex bowls and one casserole dish. I guess I should have called housekeeping, but we made do.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Parking didn't cost anything

We just got back from Hawaii. Grown 'kids' stayed in Hokulani, while DH and I stayed with family. I got a glimpse of the Hokulani unit which looked nice. Its oddities which my kids noted later are:
1. TV monitor embedded in the bathroom mirror. Only noticed it cause son found the remote for it.
2. bidet and Toto toilet in bathroom.
3. bathroom only accessible thru the bedroom.

Otherwise it's in a great Waikiki location; except parking is exhorbitant.

Bay Club was nice and spacious. Staff was great. One employee on his golf cart stopped to ask us if we needed more pool towels because he noticed us carrying our own brought towels from the car.
The few things I wish Bay Club would supply more of are larger serving dishes, bowls or pans, and large non-stick frying pan. We had 2 pyrex bowls and one casserole dish. I guess I should have called housekeeping, but we made do.

We stayed at the Hokulani for 2 nights last year. The parking didn't cost us anything. We didn't have a car which you don't need in Honolulu.

However, the coffee did cost a lot since they only gave us coffee for one day complimentary and had a coffee machine in the room that only worked with pods that were proprietary to a manufacturer. We had loose coffee that would not work in these machines. They wanted to charge us $8 for 8 of these small pods that made a half a cup of weak coffee for the next day. We didn't buy the pods. Do they still have these coffee makers?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We stayed at the Hokulani for 2 nights last year. The parking didn't cost us anything. We didn't have a car which you don't need in Honolulu.

However, the coffee did cost a lot since they only gave us coffee for one day complimentary and had a coffee machine in the room that only worked with pods that were proprietary to a manufacturer. We had loose coffee that would not work in these machines. They wanted to charge us $8 for 8 of these small pods that made a half a cup of weak coffee for the next day. We didn't buy the pods. Do they still have these coffee makers?

Sorry, I don't remember seeing a conventional coffee maker in the unit. DD and friend stayed in it, and they don't remember either. They went out for coffee each morning :shrug:

I just assumed Hokulani would charge for parking based on the confirmation email, and didn't ask if it was included in the stay. DD had borrowed a relative's car for the day, and the parking attendant didn't charge them for a 2 hour stop off.

Hokulani had an interesting elevator system, designed obviously for security because their lobby is pretty open to the street below. A room keycard is needed to call or open the elevator in the lobby.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Sorry, I don't remember seeing a conventional coffee maker in the unit. DD and friend stayed in it, and they don't remember either. They went out for coffee each morning :shrug:

I just assumed Hokulani would charge for parking based on the confirmation email, and didn't ask if it was included in the stay. DD had borrowed a relative's car for the day, and the parking attendant didn't charge them for a 2 hour stop off.

Hokulani had an interesting elevator system, designed obviously for security because their lobby is pretty open to the street below. A room keycard is needed to call or open the elevator in the lobby.
You are charged parking as a renter, owner or exchanger. It was $35 a night in march of this year. Love the location but hate the parking charges.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
If you must have a car; why stay in Waikiki?

You are charged parking as a renter, owner or exchanger. It was $35 a night in march of this year. Love the location but hate the parking charges.

The parking didn't cost us anything at the Hokulani. We didn't have a car which you don't need in Honolulu. What did you like about the location? You could walk to just about anything, and the bus is a block away to take you places that you feel are too far to walk, The walking and buses are great. If you must have a car on vacation why go to Waikiki. The parking and traffic is horrible. If you must have a car go to another island. They are all beautiful.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Well if no car there is no parking charge. But everyone that has to park a vehicle at Hokulani will be charged for parking. It's not free like other locales.
I mainly like how close you are to the eateries. There is a great lunch truck place right behind Hokulani. There are a bunch of different lunch trucks there with all kinds of food. Also if you are into good pork tonkatsu Ginza Barin is also right behind the building.
Unfortunately i always have a vehicle as i need to get to work and such so that $35 per night parking is rough. I paid less per night in Washington DC!