• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Waikoloa North Gate To Open In October

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
When we were there in March it looked like they were working on the north entrance. This was just confirmed from the Bay Club Newsletter.
"Of particular interest to Bay Club Owners, the north entrance will open by about October at long last. Driven by the nearby expansions, the former emergency gate at the Waikoloa Village Road stoplight will become a second resort entrance, which will help speed you straight to your vacation home".

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
When we were there in March it looked like they were working on the north entrance. This was just confirmed from the Bay Club Newsletter.
"Of particular interest to Bay Club Owners, the north entrance will open by about October at long last. Driven by the nearby expansions, the former emergency gate at the Waikoloa Village Road stoplight will become a second resort entrance, which will help speed you straight to your vacation home".

That's a bummer -- I always liked the service road shortcut and this may become a highway now for all the people coming south. Phase 2 and 3 occupants need to be alert!!!!

Best,

Greg

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I agree, not thrilled with this news...all the more reason to stay in phase 1...

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very unfortunate, indeed. The north loop is on my morning running route and it was very nice since there were few cars. Now there will be through traffic and this will make it a less pleasant run...sigh.

Coming from the airport, I'll still take Maintenance Rd.

Cheers.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Damn. I hope we at least get speed bumps or something - maybe even a stop sign - between Phase 2 and the clubhouse. It will make going north out of KL quicker, but I'd much rather take the long way and not have a major highway cutting through KL.

We are Phase 2 owners.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something. Is the Northgate that gate by the golf clubhouse that's has always been locked. I've always wished it was open. We go to Hapuna & Mauna Kea Beach a lot and I would much prefer going through that enterence.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something. Is the Northgate that gate by the golf clubhouse that's has always been locked. I've always wished it was open. We go to Hapuna & Mauna Kea Beach a lot and I would much prefer going through that enterence.

It's the one at the end of the street if you drive all the way through Kings' Land. There are definite pluses with this news. But for me with 3 kids under 10 it obviously increases traffic as we own in Phase 2 and have to cross the street to get to the pool or restaurant.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Won't people staying at the Kings Land TS's on the South side of Waikoloa Beach Dr have to walk across that soon to be busy road to get to the swimming pools on the North side of the road? Sounds dangerous. Any plans to install a pedestrian walkway/light.

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
The tranquil quietness of KL will be destroy by this. Look how many cars go through the main drag now. Why would one opt to drive to south entrance once the north entrance opens? However, we all feared this was to come to fruition one day.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The tranquil quietness of KL will be destroy by this. Look how many cars go through the main drag now. Why would one opt to drive to south entrance once the north entrance opens? However, we all feared this was to come to fruition one day.

I don't think it will be "ruined", but it definitely will be diminished. Not happy about it. :bawl:

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
There is also another area being developed just north of Kingsland which will use the same road entrance from the highway.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think it will be "ruined", but it definitely will be diminished. Not happy about it. :bawl:

I love the morning solitude there. There still won't be a lot of cars at that hour, but the solitude will be diminished.

Cheers.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My favorite thing to do in the morning is drive up the hill to the grocery store in Waikoloa and get fresh donuts. So on the positive side of this news my drive will be much shorter!

I'd still rather have it closed, though.

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Ainamalu is beginning pre-sale

For those of you staying at King's Land in the near future, the property just north of the timeshare resort will begin development of single family homes soon. They are in the process of pre-selling.

Ainamalu is located on the Kohala Coast of the Big Island of Hawai’i at Waikoloa Beach Resort on approx. 252 acres. This is the first development of its kind featuring approximately 350 homes and a future beach club with amenities. The project will have over 21 acres walking/jogging paths and open areas. The Gated Subdivision will be Solar Powered by an Independent Solar Farm. Surrounded by golf courses, resorts, and in close proximity to the ocean this is an ideal location to live or vacation.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, that access point to hwy 19 opened yesterday (Monday the 26th).
Wasn't open when I left the resort at about 7:30am, but was open when I returned about 3pm. Going straight thru the intersection heads up to Waikoloa Village town and on to hwy 190, and the new portion of Saddle Road. Makes going to Hilo really easy.

Last edited: