• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Unlimited Day Use Big Island

Juliet1t

Reaction score
Do any Waikoloa or Kona owners know if your contract permits unlimited day use of facilities included with just your monthly maintenance fees? If so, what resort do you own?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
No day use in my contract, I own at King's Land.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Juliet1t

Reaction score
Thank you for responding Dave. I am hoping that I can find one. I would use the week/s but would love day use also. It would make the purchase much more valuable to me.

Juliet1t

Reaction score
Hilton only has resorts in Waikoloa.
Perhaps a moderator can move this thread over to the Hawaii Timesharing forum - http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Sorry if I posted in wrong place, I am new and one of the auctions I was looking at was Bay Club. I really wanted to buy it but didn't want to purchase without the knowledge and I could not find the answer. I did see the Hawaii board after and posted there. Thanks!

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I posted in wrong place, I am new and one of the auctions I was looking at was Bay Club. I really wanted to buy it but didn't want to purchase without the knowledge and I could not find the answer. I did see the Hawaii board after and posted there. Thanks!

There are some Bay Club contracts that are not affiliated with HGVC. I do not know if they have day use. You can probably call the resort and ask. Hilton does not offer day use, but the unaffiliated contracts still may.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for responding Dave. I am hoping that I can find one. I would use the week/s but would love day use also. It would make the purchase much more valuable to me.

Are you mainly interested in pools or workout facilities? I've stayed at Bay Club and used the KL pools by just visiting the bar for happy hour (take your own towel in a beach bag). They only check wristbands for the slides, those close anyway by 6pm. You need a key card for the workout room.

Will you be living in Kona, its a bit of a drive up to WKL. A gym membership in Kona would be more cost effective than a timeshare.

I've toyed with the idea of moving to Kona but for now need to be close to my wife's parents to help with their care.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Most timeshares do not include day use, because of the problem of over-crowding of the facilities.

Those that do, restrict it when the resort gets busy.

I know you recently attended a timeshare sales pitch, and it is important for you to know that sales people will tell you ANYTHING YOU WANT TO HEAR to make the sale.

In other words - they lie.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
As Hawaii timeshares seem to have some of the most expensive maintenance fees, depending on what kind of use you want, and how often to plan to use it, this might be a very expensive way for you to go.

Juliet1t

Reaction score
We have had a house on the island for years. We go a few times a year sometimes for several months and sometimes for just a month or so. My daughter usually likes to vacation while there. As I said on the newbie board, I used to just send her to camp on Oahu or Maui or wherever, but she has outgrown that. She likes to go to Waikola and Kailua. She loves Hapuna, so we spend a lot of time there. Of course there are many options on the island for recreation and we take advantage of them, but it would be advantageous to have a timeshare with pool, tennis courts, etc... Included with ownership. I can just join a country club, but I think a timeshare offers more benefits if I can find one with that option.

Juliet1t

Reaction score
Are you mainly interested in pools or workout facilities? I've stayed at Bay Club and used the KL pools by just visiting the bar for happy hour (take your own towel in a beach bag). They only check wristbands for the slides, those close anyway by 6pm. You need a key card for the workout room.

Will you be living in Kona, its a bit of a drive up to WKL. A gym membership in Kona would be more cost effective than a timeshare.

I've toyed with the idea of moving to Kona but for now need to be close to my wife's parents to help with their care.

Dave, thank you for information. We are on the eastside of the island. I love it over there. Saddle Rd is easy access to Waikola. It would just be great to have an option for comfortable day relaxing for myself and toddler while daughter and friends drive around and have fun on "westside days". And of course, we would use the week/s.

Juliet1t

Reaction score
As Hawaii timeshares seem to have some of the most expensive maintenance fees, depending on what kind of use you want, and how often to plan to use it, this might be a very expensive way for you to go.

If I can find the right one, it would be well worth the expense. We would get a great amount of use. I will probably just have to go visit all of them next time I am on island. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dave, thank you for information. We are on the eastside of the island. I love it over there. Saddle Rd is easy access to Waikola. It would just be great to have an option for comfortable day relaxing for myself and toddler while daughter and friends drive around and have fun on "westside days". And of course, we would use the week/s.

My wife's cousin lives in Hilo also, works at the Target there, her husband is retired military going to UH. They love it too.

There is a free every odd year HGVC at King's Land over in the Bargain Deals, the maint fees would average out about $600 a year and give you access to cash open season stays (2 night minimum within 30 days). King's Land is easy to get open season. Might work for you.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1917500

The other option is to rent through the hilton dot com web site, they have King's Land inventory, but the cash price may be higher than open season.

Last edited:

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
My wife's cousin lives in Hilo also, works at the Target there, her husband is retired military going to UH. They love it too.

There is a free every odd year HGVC at King's Land over in the Bargain Deals, the maint fees would average out about $600 a year and give you access to cash open season stays (2 night minimum within 30 days). King's Land is easy to get open season. Might work for you.

The other option is to rent through the hilton dot com web site, they have King's Land inventory, but the cash price may be higher than open season.

King's Land would be a good option. Another option is to use Hawaii Ocean Sports for their Beach Days at A-bay. http://hawaiioceansports.com/beach-activities/aloha-days-at-the-beach/.

We live in Kohala (moved from the east side/Honokaa 2 years ago) and have joined the Hapuna Prince fitness center. The Mauna Kea does have Kaamaina rates for their beach club, fitness center, use of pool, golf club discounts., gate access/parking...but it is very pricey. I believe Mauna Lani also has a package for access to their facilities.

Juliet1t

Reaction score

Thank you so much for that. I had not yet found that part of the board. I called the resort and was told that owners outside their week can use the facilities for $10 per person per day. I think that is fairly reasonable. This 1br might be the answer for us, especially since there is no guarantee that my husband will even join us for our week. Even when we are on island together, he very very seldom ever leaves the house. Much too busy with his trees and coffee plants.

Juliet1t

Reaction score
King's Land would be a good option. Another option is to use Hawaii Ocean Sports for their Beach Days at A-bay. http://hawaiioceansports.com/beach-activities/aloha-days-at-the-beach/.

We live in Kohala (moved from the east side/Honokaa 2 years ago) and have joined the Hapuna Prince fitness center. The Mauna Kea does have Kaamaina rates for their beach club, fitness center, use of pool, golf club discounts., gate access/parking...but it is very pricey. I believe Mauna Lani also has a package for access to their facilities.

My daughter was excited when we looked at the information you gave us on Beach Days. We will definitely do that no matter what we decide. I will call about the packages you mentioned. I am researching King's Land. I am learning so much on this sight. Thank you all so much!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you so much for that. I had not yet found that part of the board. I called the resort and was told that owners outside their week can use the facilities for $10 per person per day. I think that is fairly reasonable. This 1br might be the answer for us, especially since there is no guarantee that my husband will even join us for our week. Even when we are on island together, he very very seldom ever leaves the house. Much too busy with his trees and coffee plants.

Thats not a bad rate for day use. We always enjoy a visit to Kikaua Point if you like snorkeling, much better than A-Bay. Get a pass at the Hualalai guard shack, mile marker 87, they will direct you to the parking.

http://www.aloha-hawaii.com/big-island/beaches/kikaua-point/

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I doubt any HGVC would have day use.

There are plenty of older TS resorts on the Big Island. Maybe scour the ads and see if any of them offer that.