• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Website discussion

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Still messed up this morning but able to do it by phone for the $55 web cost. I sent them a screen shot.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
New bug I just encounted. The new web site allows you to add a guest certificate, works fine and charges you the fee but does not send the new confirmation. You have to call in to get it sent via email, they were aware of the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I received my anniversary survey today. In the two places for comments, I noted how the new site was not built for reservations and that many of us want to view all room sizes at once and for about a month at a time. I also noted that a big reason I bought HGVC was their simple, easy-to-use Classic reservation system; and if they can't create a similar reservation system that works, I'm moving on to another timeshare system.

I don't have time to fool around with how they now want us to reserve trips or with phone calls that will take forever because CS reps will have to tell me everything that's available in several time periods in a variety of locations--and the call center is not even open when I typically make reservations. Yes, I'm mad at this new user UNFRIENDLY site. I love the flexibility of Hilton and its friendliness toward resale buyers, but it's rapidly becoming not enough to override the site downgrade.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I can deal with the buggy and clunky new website -- one should keep the their eye on the prize... a vacation where you want to go. Along those lines, my biggest aggravation is their failure, since time began, to integrate affiliates into online-booking, particularly the South Florida affiliates which were the original backbone of the system.

I cannot fathom why the call-center can tell me what they have available at affiliates, but Hilton cannot show it on their website. Each affiliate may operate it's own independent system, but the CSR's have ready access... we should too. <my 2 cents>

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Hearing about all of the problems with the new web site, I attempted to book a 4-nite stay at the Flamingo Sunday nite, using the old Revolution web site. I selected the unit size, the nites, I put in my credit card info, and agreed to all of the agreements, but then the screen went grey. I lost my reservation.

Anybody else having problems with the old/Revolution website? Should I stick with the new website for reservations?

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Hearing about all of the problems with the new web site, I attempted to book a 4-nite stay at the Flamingo Sunday nite, using the old Revolution web site. I selected the unit size, the nites, I put in my credit card info, and agreed to all of the agreements, but then the screen went grey. I lost my reservation.

Anybody else having problems with the old/Revolution website? Should I stick with the new website for reservations?

I made my original res in Revolution but then kept adding days in the new system which works really well for that.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I made my original res in Revolution but then kept adding days in the new system which works really well for that.

That's good to hear since I do this frequently.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
Security Certification for HGVClub.com

I'm getting a warning when I try to log into the old HGVC website: HGVClub.com. States that the HTTPS security certification expired on 10/7/2016, so can not log into HTTPS://HGVClub.com anymore. Connection is not secure. I guess they've pulled the plug.

Having problems, that I didn't have before, with the calendar using Chrome and selecting dates, on the new club web site. Works a little better with Firefox, but still having problems. Having the same problems with Safari also. Can select the check-in date, but can not select the check-out date. With Firefox, I can initially select a check-out date, but if I want to change the dates, I need to back-out to locations, reselect the state, and then I can select the new dates. Sucks :wall:

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm getting a warning when I try to log into the old HGVC website: HGVClub.com. States that the HTTPS security certification expired on 10/7/2016, so can not log into HTTPS://HGVClub.com anymore. Connection is not secure. I guess they've pulled the plug.

Having problems, that I didn't have before, with the calendar using Chrome and selecting dates. Works a little better with Firefox, but still having problems. Having the problems with Safari also.

The cert expired, they will probably not renew it. You should be able to click advanced and ignore the error.

I'm noticing the calendars are out of sync with room availability on the new site. The calendar shows available (darkest green) for a specific room type but that room shows unavailable on the room type list for the resort. I called in to see if they saw the same, she confirmed they know about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IrishDave

Reaction score
Ok, I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious, but how do you get to the RCI site from the new club website???

JM48

TUG Member
Reaction score
Click on "Club Membership" near top of page
click on "resort vacation exchange"
this will bring you to a page about RCI look for "RCI Exchange" in blue in first paragraph.
click on this & it will open a new page for RCI log in.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not exactly for the new site, since the old site doesn't have it either, but it would be nice to be able to see a points transaction history.

Like a ledger-book almost so you know what points were used for which reservation, etc.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I agree that would be nice, sort of like airline miles, or even the HHonors website...

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
...it would be nice to be able to see a points transaction history.
Like a ledger-book almost, so you know what points were used for which reservation, etc.

Agreed.
But they don't even post RCI bookings. You have to use the RCI portal to see those.
I use a spreadsheet which tracks my activities by date and keeps a running balance.

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed.
But they don't even post RCI bookings. You have to use the RCI portal to see those.
I use a spreadsheet which tracks my activities by date and keeps a running balance.

Yeah apparently I'm going to have to do that as well. (Spreadsheet)

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I use a simple spreadsheet that looks like this...
[Any points deposited to RCI get their own.]

Point Transactions
Date - Transaction Type - Name of Resort - Stay Dates - Plus/Minus - Balance

2016.....Annual Allotment [xxxx]...Points Banked/Used.. [xxxx]........ xxxxxx
04/24....Booked............. Four Winds (LBK) xxx - xxx ... -xxxxx.........xxxxxx
07/15....Booked............. Tuscany (I-Drive) xxx - xxx ... -xxxxx.........xxxxxx
11/28....Changed Dates.. Tuscany (I-Drive) xxx - xxx ... -xxxxx.........xxxxxx
12/17....Booked............. Manhattan Club ...xxx-xxx..... -xxxxx.........xxxxxx
12/31... Adjustment....... Expired/Banked/Converted .... -xxxxx.........xxxxxx

.....Annual Allotment [xxxx]...Points Banked/Used.. [xxxx]........ xxxxxx

YMMV

Last edited: