• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Locking Suitcases

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kay, didn't you just go on a cruise or just a trip and met Fern somewhere? Had a good time?
Elli

Yes, Elli.

Pat H, Fern and her sister and 2 neighbors, Kathy Q, her son and her friend and Linda Brown and several friends. We all had a ball. Good bye Pina Coladas, hello slim fast!:D

julle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Warning against Brookstones Lock Warranty

We purchased some locks from Brookstone which we have been pleased with during many trips.

Brookstone gives a warranty and promises that you can get a new one when you return the cut off lock.

Well, as posted previously, TSA does not put the cut off locks in the suitcase, and as we did not have the cut off lock, I paid $ 10 for a warranty which Brookstone knows harly ever will be used. :(

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter just returned from Mexico and her brand new Safe Skies made lock had been cut off and not returned. :(

I bough them on a clearance at Radio Shack, so I won't worry about it.

geneticblend

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the purpose if you lock your suitcase with an approved lock or one of those nylon zip tags, only to find that the suitcase was opened anyway? And what if no note saying that the suitcase was inspected is left? How do you know who really took off your lock? You don't. So why put a lock on in the first place?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the purpose if you lock your suitcase with an approved lock or one of those nylon zip tags, only to find that the suitcase was opened anyway? And what if no note saying that the suitcase was inspected is left? How do you know who really took off your lock? You don't. So why put a lock on in the first place?

Theorectically, the TSA approved combination locks can be opened with a key that only the TSA inspectors have. In a perfect world, the TSA would open your lock, do their search, then lock the bags back again.

Obviously not what is happening. :D

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
What is the purpose if you lock your suitcase with an approved lock or one of those nylon zip tags, only to find that the suitcase was opened anyway?

I lock them to keep the zipper from opening and spilling the contents on the ramp. Zip ties work just as well but if the TSA cuts them to open for inspection, I am hosed.

NEVER put anything you don't want to loose in a checked bag. Either carry it on or ship it with insurance.;)

Cheers