• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Upgrades Fixed?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
This question is for am1, SandiBo, and others who noticed the oddities when upgrading a unit...

I had some upgrades tonight and they went through okay. The unit being upgraded from also came back. Has this been your experience as well? Or is this possibly a resort-specific issue and I'm not having problems since this wasn't BCR?

I, like you all, were having problems at BCR. But I seem to recall having problems at other resorts as well, but now I can't be certain.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
It happened to me at another resort last week.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I haven't been on much lately, thus haven't tried any upgrades in at least the last week or so. It did happen earlier (right after the new changes went into affect) at resorts other than Bonnet Creek. Ocean Walk for sure and I think one other.

I hope they fixed it! That would be good news.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well it worked for me last night and I was happy. Must have been a system glitch.

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still happening. Not fixed yet... My experience is that it is not resort specific.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup. I noticed that tonight too. Bummer.

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Still glitchy - saw an upgrade opportunity lasts night, but when I clicked through I got the pop-up info that the unit I had requested was no longer available. I played around on the site for a little while longer and didn't do anything else there. This a.m. I got an email from Wyndham - "your reservation has been confirmed"...it was not the typical confirmation of an upgrade, just the type you get when you make a reservation, BUT, it was for the 2-br upgrade I had failed at the night before, using the same number of points for the smaller unit. On my list of confirmed reservations, it shows the reservation was upgraded. :confused:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to book and cancel an existing reservation
during the 60 day discount window. September 1st is the
first day to do this. Originally booked with pool points.
U mentioned "last night" what time do the discounts start
For the a September 1st date. Was told to call first thing
In morning.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
Still glitchy - saw an upgrade opportunity lasts night, but when I clicked through I got the pop-up info that the unit I had requested was no longer available. I played around on the site for a little while longer and didn't do anything else there. This a.m. I got an email from Wyndham - "your reservation has been confirmed"...it was not the typical confirmation of an upgrade, just the type you get when you make a reservation, BUT, it was for the 2-br upgrade I had failed at the night before, using the same number of points for the smaller unit. On my list of confirmed reservations, it shows the reservation was upgraded. :confused:

This has happened to me a few times.

Here is my best guess as to what might have happened if the Wyndham system is an object oriented system. For some reason I got the upgrade on my first try with one object in the system, but some other object of the system didn't get that information. When the second object looked for potential upgrades, it was gone, because I had gotten it. I think that there is a very infrequent timing issue in the system in the firing of the different objects when doing an upgrade.

Jim

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That could be! I also forgot to mention, while I was playing around on the site after being told no upgrade was available, I tried to upgrade the unit a couple of times (as it was still showing as the smaller unit I had reserved) just in case and each time got the sorry, no upgrades available screen. When I closed down for the night, the smaller unit was still showing in the account. Also, I never got the "do not reply" email acknowledging that an upgrade had taken place - just the confirmation this morning. I'm happy to get it, but it was odd.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I would like to book and cancel an existing reservation
during the 60 day discount window. September 1st is the
first day to do this. Originally booked with pool points.
U mentioned "last night" what time do the discounts start
For the a September 1st date. Was told to call first thing
In morning.

If the cancel/rebook is new to you, I suggest you call and have a Wyndham VC help you with it. Don't call late in the day (you'll tend to catch trainees). I suggest that you cancel the reservation and have the VC pick it up. Talk to the VC first, ask them how experienced they are in doing the cancel/rebook, and feel comfortable they know what they are doing. If you don't feel comfortable with them, hang up and "screen" another. A good VC will help you out and can be very good to work with.

I have unlimited transactions, and thus have cancelled and rebooked, just to get the experience - see how things worked -- before I tried it with a reservation I really cared about. I also had a VC do the first several for me.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will do that bright and early. Fortunately the end result
Only about 30,000 points, I will end up with a unit too big for the two of us, 3 bedrooms, with my back right now would be difficult to chase my wife down more for experience.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not fixed. The room used to upgrade came back eventually. Not sure when as I did not want the room back.

Also noticed that an upgrade would skip a unit size (normal in this case) but not when trying to do an instant upgrade.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks sandi bo it worked saved me 50,000 points. Took awhile to find were the post was, glad I did again thanks

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not fixed. The room used to upgrade came back eventually. Not sure when as I did not want the room back.

Also noticed that an upgrade would skip a unit size (normal in this case) but not when trying to do an instant upgrade.

Still having the issue, and needing the room used to upgrade... do you have a rough idea of when you saw it come back? was it hours... days...?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still having the issue, and needing the room used to upgrade... do you have a rough idea of when you saw it come back? was it hours... days...?

minutes, a handicap unit when many other units were available.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the cancel/rebook is new to you, I suggest you call and have a Wyndham VC help you with it. Don't call late in the day (you'll tend to catch trainees). I suggest that you cancel the reservation and have the VC pick it up. Talk to the VC first, ask them how experienced they are in doing the cancel/rebook, and feel comfortable they know what they are doing. If you don't feel comfortable with them, hang up and "screen" another. A good VC will help you out and can be very good to work with.

I have unlimited transactions, and thus have cancelled and rebooked, just to get the experience - see how things worked -- before I tried it with a reservation I really cared about. I also had a VC do the first several for me.

Just now posting a reply to this because I had an experience that should be a warning to others. You have to be careful getting a VC to help you with cancel/rebook. I had one "help" me with several and here was the result:

2 1BR units (marked as "upgraded" but a 1BR suite is the lowest unit available) - booked at full point value (not with VIP discount - not even sure how this was accomplished)
2 2BR units (booked at VIP value for 2BR, but not upgraded as should have been from 1BR)
2 3BR units (booked at VIP value for 3BR, but not upgraded from 1BR)

So while you MAY get a VC that knows what he/she is doing, you also may not - and if you don't, you'll have to redo it all over again. With the risk of losing it again.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes that was directed to me. It went smoothly, and she was a good vc. My question now becomes, on an upgrade, do you go over availability first, and then call for upgrade? I have yet to ask for one.

Explorer7

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This AM I clicked on an existing reservation at NYC and found a 2br Pres unit upgrade available. When I selected to upgrade the unit the screen went right back to showing the 2br pres unit available for upgrade instead of the normal confirmation of upgrade screen, when I went to upgrade the unit a second time I got a message apologizing that the upgrade was no longer available. I upgraded a couple at Ocean Blvd recently with no issues. I will presume somehow I got beat to the punch yet its really wierd that after selecting it the first time it did not give the no longer available message but it circled back to showing the upgrade as available.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
This AM I clicked on an existing reservation at NYC and found a 2br Pres unit upgrade available. When I selected to upgrade the unit the screen went right back to showing the 2br pres unit available for upgrade instead of the normal confirmation of upgrade screen, when I went to upgrade the unit a second time I got a message apologizing that the upgrade was no longer available. I upgraded a couple at Ocean Blvd recently with no issues. I will presume somehow I got beat to the punch yet its really wierd that after selecting it the first time it did not give the no longer available message but it circled back to showing the upgrade as available.

If you check your confirmations you may find it actually did the upgrade. What you won't be able to do at that point is go back and get the one you upgraded from again. When those units come back into inventory is anyone's guess, apparently the system thinks it hasn't upgraded so it's not available. So it could be that it shows up first thing next morning.

Explorer7

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you check your confirmations you may find it actually did the upgrade. What you won't be able to do at that point is go back and get the one you upgraded from again. When those units come back into inventory is anyone's guess, apparently the system thinks it hasn't upgraded so it's not available. So it could be that it shows up first thing next morning.
If that happens I'll be sure to report back that it occured, I sure do want the upgrade so we can invite my son in law and daughter in law to join us for his mom's birthday in NYC...

Explorer7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked and the upgrade is there!!! NYC here we come!!! It was not there this morning...

Explorer7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked and the upgrade is there!!! NYC here we come!!! It was not there this morning...
and by the way the 1br non renovated unit that I upgraded from did not come back all day as far as I could see.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, that has been the behavior that several of us have noticed. But glad you got it. I thought based on what you described that you probably had gotten the upgrade and just hadn't seen it yet.