• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

West 57th St. stay offer

JackieC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got a call yesterday about previewing West 57th. First offer was $449 for two nights. When I hesitated, I was transferred to another person who offered it for $329 and included $100 in Hilton dollars, $200 toward a future stay at a Hilton hotel, and two explorer passes. Only restriction was no Friday or Saturday night stay. Offer was good for a year.

There were several hotels to choose from - ones I remember were Doubletree, Hilton at Times Square, NY Hilton on Ave of the Americas, and the 57th st. property. Of course we would have to attend a 2 hour timeshare presentation.

I thought it was a pretty good offer and would have added a couple of nights on my own to it to have a nice vacation. I told the person I wanted to talk with my husband first to make sure he wanted to do another presentation. He asked me to call him immediately while he waited since he needed an immediate answer. I told him I was not able to get ahold of him at that time. He then said the offer was only good during that phone call and hung up. I thought he was very rude at the end of the call!

Anyone else receive a call like this? :annoyed:

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had some similar offers in the past and DH didn't want to participate so I can't fill you in on that. Recently I've had some Hilton calls on my caller ID so I knew they were starting another promotion. I think it was very unprofessional to behave as your caller did. When I've spoken to someone in the past, she gave me her phone number and requested that I call her back when I had a chance to speak with DH. I wouldn't be surprised if you hear back from them. Whether you take them up on the offer is your choice.

Sue

hvacrsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not recently

I have not had any offers recently, however about 6 months ago I did recieve a call. I spoke to several different people, they actually never followed up with me. I guess after they found out I was a resale guy they new I wasn't going to purchase from them anyway.
I am very happy with what I have and I just politely tell them I have no more vacation time than what I already have weeks for.
I think that works best!
Don't be upset by it, they work off of commission, if they don't sell, they may not eat! People are human, not everyone is that nice!

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a couple calls from Hilton, but didn't answer. They left messages though.
I am planning to buy NY hilton (resale, of course), so I am not attending sales presentation in case I fail ROFR.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I attended and still passed ROFR three times.

Then is it (if you attend presentation, there is higher chance that Hilton exercise ROFR for resales) just a rumor? I love to attend presentation while I stay at W. 57 to learn more about NY Hilton system.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Then is it (if you attend presentation, there is higher chance that Hilton exercise ROFR for resales) just a rumor? I love to attend presentation while I stay at W. 57 to learn more about NY Hilton system.
Let me guess -- that "rumor" originated from a TS salesperson? They will say most anything to try and scare a potential buyer from exploring a resale option.

Kurt

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not had any offers recently, however about 6 months ago I did recieve a call. I spoke to several different people, they actually never followed up with me. I guess after they found out I was a resale guy they new I wasn't going to purchase from them anyway.
I am very happy with what I have and I just politely tell them I have no more vacation time than what I already have weeks for.
I think that works best!
Don't be upset by it, they work off of commission, if they don't sell, they may not eat! People are human, not everyone is that nice!

These people calling do not really care whether you will buy resale or not buy at all. For each "catch", they are getting a decent commission from the fee that you are paying to go for the preview. Their job is to make sure that you qualify (marital status, income, residency, etc) and then sell you the package. I purchased one of these packages for the 57th street 6 months ago and they have been calling me once a week to try to get me to schedule a date for the visit.

riz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got one of these calls back in April/May of this year, for Las Vegas Strip location. We knew we were not going to buy but did want to hear about HGVC (vs one time we listened to Marriott) We determined we would someday buy, but not from Hilton, already knew about resale. We came back became member again here and began to read more and then around Aug we reached out to Judi. Closed on a 2BR at Flamingo in early Oct.

The meeting got us in HGVC, course not thru them. Not sure if we would do any more of these "deals" again. But who knows. Certainly see no reason to get from Hilton direct.