• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could someone share how fast the turnaround was after you applied for this card until you received it?

Thanx

Applied Sunday night. Received CC via UPS Tuesday at 10 AM.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
Did you get an e mail saying they received the application. I have had some Widows 10 issues. Filled out the form and pressed submit, had a quick, "we will confirm your information" (2 seconds)....then nothing. Thoughts?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you get an e mail saying they received the application. I have had some Widows 10 issues. Filled out the form and pressed submit, had a quick, "we will confirm your information" (2 seconds)....then nothing. Thoughts?

For DW card the approval was immediate, so no email. Mine was not, I think because I had just received the JP Morgan Ritz CC. It took 7 days for the email to acknolowge they received my application. It took 2.5 weeks for the approval. No email, I found out today I had been approved while looking at Chase online. I expect to get my CC and meet min spending tomorrow. The rest is icing on the cake...

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Where would you find the reconsideration number for chase? I was not denied outright but was not confirmed immediately either. I want to follow up. I would be happy to shift the credit from a few infrequently used cards to the new chase sapphire reserve.
Thx

And it can happen to anyone ;)

Same thing happened to me.
I got the message "We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit this application while waiting for our decision."

I've been a Sapphire Preferred cardholder for a few years now but I just took advantage of a Chase United Card mail offer three months ago. I didn't call. I just waited.

9/6 Submitted online application and got the 30 day wait message with an email confirmation.
9/26 Received an email welcoming me to Chase Sapphire Reserve
9/27 Received the card in the mail (not the temporary plastic one)

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We both applied for and received our Reserve cards. I am so excited, and just in time to pay a lot of maintenance fees.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many people received the plastic card originally and then received the "metal" card? DW got the plastic card a couple of weeks ago and has not received the "metal". I got the "metal".

I am calling it "metal" because I don't consider it "metal". I am being sarcastic because the material does not compare to the Ritz card. That's the real deal for metal cards, IMO.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Our cards look like metal.

When we received our Chase hotel credit cards, IHG and Hyatt, they show on the same page with the same account log-in.

My Chase Ink Plus and Rick's Chase Ink Bold are both business accounts, and those are the only two accounts we have with Ultimate Rewards. I am wondering if Chase will choose not to combine our Reserve cards with our business accounts. I assume Chase won't allow us to transfer those points from the business card account to the Reserve personal account. I would love to transfer from the Ink at 1.25 to the Reserve at 1.5.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our cards look like metal.

When we received our Chase hotel credit cards, IHG and Hyatt, they show on the same page with the same account log-in.

My Chase Ink Plus and Rick's Chase Ink Bold are both business accounts, and those are the only two accounts we have with Ultimate Rewards. I am wondering if Chase will choose not to combine our Reserve cards with our business accounts. I assume Chase won't allow us to transfer those points from the business card account to the Reserve personal account. I would love to transfer from the Ink at 1.25 to the Reserve at 1.5.

I am not familiar with the Ink. I have the United cards (personal and business) and they show up in the same page. They both deposit miles to the same account.

nokaoi9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Sheraton Vistana Villages
Does anyone know when the $450 annual fee post to your account? I'm going on six or seven weeks with the card and the fee still hasn't posted. I scheduled a payment to pay off the current balance on the card, and tacked on the extra $450 for the fee.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the $450 annual fee post to your account? I'm going on six or seven weeks with the card and the fee still hasn't posted. I scheduled a payment to pay off the current balance on the card, and tacked on the extra $450 for the fee.

No, we got one card about 3 weeks ago and another three days ago. No fees yet.

GE app fee and travel credits post right away.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I received my card on the 30th of September and paid my Seapointe maintenance fees on the same day. The charge, the travel credit, and annual fee posted on the 2nd of October. I'm kind of jealous of those of you who haven't been charged the annual fee yet!

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We paid our Shell maintenance fee ahead of time, to book a week for next year, on the Chase SP card, and it shows up as "real estate." Called in to Customer Service and they said it shows up as a sale of real estate not maintenance fees, but they will report it up and maybe it will get corrected.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Use Chase Reserve card to pay for my $85 TSA prescreening to get a Known Traveler number. FYI, rep said that the charge will automatically be credited in 2-3 business cycles.

I made an appointment for GOES back in July, but the earliest interview time wasn't until Jan '2017. :wall:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Use Chase Reserve card to pay for my $85 TSA prescreening to get a Known Traveler number. FYI, rep said that the charge will automatically be credited in 2-3 business cycles.

I made an appointment for GOES back in July, but the earliest interview time wasn't until Jan '2017. :wall:

The appointment dates are interesting. I made our GE appointments last weekend and Philadelphia's earliest date was in January. Houston has dates in October.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I got my GE, I made my reservation at an intermediate airport during one of my trips. At that time, I found an opening in Atlanta and had a trip around the timeframe.

Recently, my wife got Global Entry. We had a trip planned going through JFK so we allowed extra time to go to the GE office during our layover there. My son got a relatively fast appointment at DFW and also went during a longer than normal planned layover.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, we got one card about 3 weeks ago and another three days ago. No fees yet.

GE app fee and travel credits post right away.

Actually, I just checkeg and both cards had the fees applied o 10/1. The first one came on 9/10 and the second one on 9/30.

Perhaps fees are charged the first day of the month after you get the card?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I got my GE, I made my reservation at an intermediate airport during one of my trips. At that time, I found an opening in Atlanta and had a trip around the timeframe.

Recently, my wife got Global Entry. We had a trip planned going through JFK so we allowed extra time to go to the GE office during our layover there. My son got a relatively fast appointment at DFW and also went during a longer than normal planned layover.

Do they keep these appointments pretty close to the stated timeframe? Wondering if I will be safe in a 1 hr connection.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the cases I am aware of, the appointments were pretty much on time. We actually arrived early for my wife, but had to wait until pretty much her appointed time. There were others ahead. It took only 15 or 20 minutes to go through the process. This was at ORD.

Having said that, if I were doing this, I'd try to allow for a longer time in case there are unforeseen delays. Depending on where you are going, a one hour layover may not be enough. First, it sometimes takes a while to find the Global Entry office. It might take a while to get there and back to your gate. We had to ask a couple of times to find the right place to go to. The offices are not hidden, but there aren't signs all over the airport directing you to them.

The offices I've been to are outside of the secured area. You have to allow for going back through the sometimes long security lines to catch your next flight.

Planes start boarding 30 minutes prior to departure for domestic flights, and 45 minutes for international flights. Thus, a 1 hour layover is really a 30 minute break to go get your appointment done before the next flight starts boarding.

I would be leery of trying to do this with less than 90 minutes between my appointment time and the departure time of my next flight. I'd also want my scheduled arrival at the airport to be 30 minutes before my appointment time to have enough time to find where I need to go. Thus, a 2 hour layover would be my minimum. You might feel comfortable with less. It is all in how risk tolerant you are! You can always reschedule if you miss your appointment for some reason.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the cases I am aware of, the appointments were pretty much on time. We actually arrived early for my wife, but had to wait until pretty much her appointed time. There were others ahead. It took only 15 or 20 minutes to go through the process. This was at ORD.

Having said that, if I were doing this, I'd try to allow for a longer time in case there are unforeseen delays. Depending on where you are going, a one hour layover may not be enough. First, it sometimes takes a while to find the Global Entry office. It might take a while to get there and back to your gate. We had to ask a couple of times to find the right place to go to. The offices are not hidden, but there aren't signs all over the airport directing you to them.

The offices I've been to are outside of the secured area. You have to allow for going back through the sometimes long security lines to catch your next flight.

Planes start boarding 30 minutes prior to departure for domestic flights, and 45 minutes for international flights. Thus, a 1 hour layover is really a 30 minute break to go get your appointment done before the next flight starts boarding.

I would be leery of trying to do this with less than 90 minutes between my appointment time and the departure time of my next flight. I'd also want my scheduled arrival at the airport to be 30 minutes before my appointment time to have enough time to find where I need to go. Thus, a 2 hour layover would be my minimum. You might feel comfortable with less. It is all in how risk tolerant you are! You can always reschedule if you miss your appointment for some reason.

Good to know, thanks. My upcoming connections will not work then. My connecting flights are in big birds and one of them after clearing immigration and customs (I'll be wishing I had GE). I always like having plenty of time for that pre flight Moscow Mule.:clap:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Where would you find the reconsideration number for chase? I was not denied outright but was not confirmed immediately either. I want to follow up. I would be happy to shift the credit from a few infrequently used cards to the new chase sapphire reserve.
Thx

And it can happen to anyone ;)

For me, the past month has caused major FOMOP (Fear of Missing Out on Points). While I’ve been happy that TPG readers have been pulling in millions — if not billions — of Ultimate Rewards points, I’ve felt like I’ve been missing out on something. I applied for the Chase Sapphire Reserve the first day it came out and was finally approved last Friday. That period of 18 days that I had to wait from application to approval was a very dark time for me. During that period, I was followed by TPG readers taunting me on Snapchat and Twitter with their flashy new cards and crisp approval letters.

Read more: http://thepointsguy.com/2016/09/how-i-got-the-chase-sapphire-reserve/#ixzz4KbprqSxo

Same thing happened to me.
I got the message "We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit this application while waiting for our decision."

I've been a Sapphire Preferred cardholder for a few years now but I just took advantage of a Chase United Card mail offer three months ago. I didn't call. I just waited.

9/6 Submitted online application and got the 30 day wait message with an email confirmation.
9/26 Received an email welcoming me to Chase Sapphire Reserve
9/27 Received the card in the mail (not the temporary plastic one)

Submitted 9/20 and got the 30 day wait with an email confirmation.
Checked my account 10/5 and saw the reserve card listed with my others.
Still have not received the Welcome email or the cards but glad I got approval.

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
Mine took 2-3 days after I got the Welcome email. And about 2.5 wks from application date.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our fees were charged immediately. I also paid MF's immediately. I am anxious to see if they all post as 3X. If so, I am going to have a lot of UR points at the end of next year.

I am dumping the Starwood card. This card is so much better.

elleny76

Reaction score
Can I open this CC and use those points to book travel vacation through chase portal for my nieces as 16y/o as gifts? or my name has to be in each tickets_traveling?

thanks

The fee is pretty much being added immediately. . .some people have seen it on their account before the card arrives.

Mine posted about week after getting the card.

I can confirm the MF charge works for the "Travel Credit". The $300 I prepaid posted over the weekend and the $300 credit was instantly applied as well.

The 100K are Ultimate Rewards with Chase, and can be redeemed or transferred from your account for various options.

Maybe check out this link if not familiar wiht UR's http://thepointsguy.com/2016/06/redeeming-chase-ultimate-rewards-maximum-value/

**You get the 100K after spending $4k within 3mo of opening card.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I haven't had the $450 fee hit yet either.

I signed Robin up - funny, she has a higher limit than me even though I put my income in as higher than hers.

Now to sign-up for Global Entry or TSApre - do I understand correctly, Global Entry gives TSApre as well?

First purchase Sept14, $450 charged on Oct1, due Oct28
Got 3X for MFs that went towards the travel credit.
GE appointment - late Mar'17 :annoyed: