• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Upgraded

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
On our flight back from the East Coast we went through Chicago on American Airlines and had a short time to catch our flight. We saw boarding had already been going on so we asked at the counter if our group had been called. The person said let me see your tickets and starting punching into the computer. When she finished and gave us our tickets they were different seats then we had. We were starved so we grabbed a quick bite, gobbled it down and went on the plane. Well, guess what? They had upgraded us to first class without saying a word. The flight took off and a short time later we were being served like royalty. I didn't know they still get a hot meal and the ice cream with rasberry was the coldest ice cream we've ever had. Coffee in a real coffee cup on a plane.
Anyway, a new experience for us. Thank you American Airlines.
Bart

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, are you guys AA elite members or anything???

Never, ever had that happen to me! :)

Tom

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happened to us once. We were looking for our gate at London Heathrow. Stopped at the united desk to ask directions. The agent took our tickets and put us in business class....He said I was the first person who had stopped by and not asked for anything.....it was very nice. We were also upgraded to first class again in London on the way back to NYC from Germany, again in London. But then, we had voluteered our seats, and they did not need them but bumped us up to first class.....Guess it is just the luck of the draw.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, in fact Vouchers

Wow, are you guys AA elite members or anything???

Never, ever had that happen to me! :)

Tom

No, in fact the tickets we had were bought with AA vouchers they had given us after complaining of long delays last year when 4 of us flew to Florida.
We were delayed 5 hours in Dallas and not a word had been said to let people know. AA sure treated us great this time.
Bart