• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

yourtimeshareoptions.com ?

skyking76

Reaction score
We have rented our points with NTHC before and have been happy with the results. I got a call yesterday from someone with this yourtimeshareoptions.com telling me they can rent or sell our Bluegreen points.

The claim to rent out to corporations who come into town for conventions, and the selling piece they will sell at sales conventions. They claim the points are used in the last chance offerings when customers say NO to the developer priced options.

I was busy at the time and didn't get into specifics with them about if they charge up front fees for selling. They may call tonight and if so I'll get that info. Has anyone dealt with them before? It looks like they've been in business since 2001.

I've been combing through the boards here (I've lurked for quite awhile) and haven't seen anything, so I thought I'd ask.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There is a simple rule of thumb with timeshare offers - if there is an upfront fee (more than just a small listing fee, under $50), that's a huge red flag.

Look at it this way - if they already have your money, why should they put any effort into actually renting your timeshare? You ALREADY paid them!

skyking76

Reaction score
Oh I'm with you, I've been reading through all of the info here on the site about the red flags to watch for. I was just curious if anyone out here has ever heard from them or of them. We've only owned for a few years, you guys and gals are veterans :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Oh I'm with you, I've been reading through all of the info here on the site about the red flags to watch for. I was just curious if anyone out here has ever heard from them or of them. We've only owned for a few years, you guys and gals are veterans :)

These cold call companies are fly by night. They use one name until they ruin their reputation, and then they make up another one. You really have to look at what they are offering, since the name changes, as soon as the scam reports start popping up.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
The claim to rent out to corporations who come into town for conventions, and the selling piece they will sell at sales conventions. They claim the points are used in the last chance offerings when customers say NO to the developer priced options.

The convention pitch is a standard scam line. Companies don't rent out timeshares for conventions. The last line makes absolutely no sense at all; why would the developer use your points instead of their own? Lots of doubletalk all trying to get your money. Don't waste anymore time with them.

Sue

skyking76

Reaction score
Whew... they hit about every red flag on the lists. $2,150 upfront fee (that you'll get back when they sell it of course...it gets added to the price of the deal! haha right) Gave us their 'real estate and marketing license numbers'...none of which check out on Florida's state websites and general shadiness. There were more things that we noticed when on the phone with them that added to the red flags but I'm not going to waste any more time thinking about them. :) Thank you for your helpful advice on the subject :)

zenway

Reaction score
I also got contacted by them recently and here's more proof on how you can tell it's a scam:

- Go to their website, which appears legitimate - but... Go through the reservation process of booking a room - it's totally bogus. If they were really going to make you money from 'corporate rentals', then this would be a critical function. However, it's hard to fake that part (including taking credit card info for the reservations).

- They told me that they would be able to pay me $3,200 for a week based on my timeshare. I went to the same location on their reservation page, and it rented out at $795/week. Um.... someone there isn't very good at math. If they are gonna scam people, they should at least be smart enough to make the numbers work! (idiots)

yourtimeshareoptions.com is a total scam - stay away from them!

Dano1970

Reaction score
Yep, complete BS!
I created 3 separate rental reservations and all 3 had the same "hotel information" INCLUDING the hotel phone number as 555-555-5555...REALLY?! LOL!
I also put in on of my trash email accounts just to see what the email looked like. It didn't even have the hotel's address in the email.
Looking up the address given on their webpage and the street view was some industrial complex in Florida when the hotel, that I was renting, was in TN!
*throwing their contact information in the trash*

Dano1970

Reaction score
Ok, new update on the yourtimeshareoptions.com issue.
They called me back and explained that you needed a "code" to book a room which is why I was presented with bogus information when trying to book a room.
So, I guess use at your own risk applies here.