• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2013 Dikhololo MFs

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
March is right around the corner - has anyone received notice from Dikhololo that we can pay our fees?

BTW, I just tried signing into their site in hopes of asking that question and am getting "blocked" or http 403 (forbidden) messages in both Firefox and IE.

Time to start worrying ?...

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dik

I sent an e-mail to Chris in the Finance Dept at Dik. We own 2 one bedroom red weeks and were told the MF for the 2 weeks totaled R4634 for 2013 and would not be payable before March. We will send in the credit card info late this week or early next week.

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year they sent a form that included a place for credit card info as well as instructions for your deposit request (even though they ignored my request and deposited a week of their choosing :doh: )

Maybe I'll just re-use that form for this year's payment and request.

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent my payment information on Tues night (2/28) they emailed me this morning that they have processed my payment and will deposit my week (credit card amount has not been been posted online yet). I also received another email this morning saying that my requested deposit (red week) has been done (not posted to RCI yet)

Fastest response I've gotten in 12 yrs!

Jackie

Carolyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St John
WJL St Lucia
St James Club Antigua
Charter Club Marco
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I sent my payment information on Tues night (2/28) they emailed me this morning that they have processed my payment and will deposit my week (credit card amount has not been been posted online yet). I also received another email this morning saying that my requested deposit (red week) has been done (not posted to RCI yet)

Fastest response I've gotten in 12 yrs!

Jackie

Who did you email?

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To pay the levy:
Chris Mokoena
Financial Department Dikhololo
fin@dikhololo.co.za

Per my email back from Chris: contact Phylicia if you need any information about the deposit . smitp@dikhololo.co.za

My credit card still doesn't show being billed and my week isn't deposited in RCI as of yet (I know the deposit can take at least a week) but they assigned my week per their email.

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent my credit card info the morning of 2/29. I have not received an e-mail back nor has my credit card been charged. Anyone have the weeks deposited in RCI yet?

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent my credit card info the morning of 2/29. I have not received an e-mail back nor has my credit card been charged. Anyone have the weeks deposited in RCI yet?

Probably a good sign. I sent mine the same day and heard back on 3/2 that my credit card had been declined. I had forgotten that each year I need to contact the CC company to notify of the transaction from SA.

I've asked them to resubmit and haven't heard/seen anything yet.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing that Dik members need to press the resort on is their policy of not letting members pay anything until about this time of year. If members could pay more in advance they could hit the best exchange rates, and the resort could benefit by collecting some interest on holding the funds. It is a win-win. Exchange rates right now are pretty crappy compared to where they were not too many weeks ago. This policy by Dik is pretty assinine for all concerned and it is costing their overseas members money.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo
I was charged $310. USD on Monday March 5th for a 1-bdrm.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was charged $310. USD on Monday March 5th for a 1-bdrm.

A few weeks ago with the exchange rates then, it would have been ~$280.

That is how overseas members are getting hosed by Dik's refusal to take levy payments earlier than when they open them up. Overseas members need to jerk their chain on that issue.

JoyC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any updates on deposit and TPU for 1 br or 2br?

thanks

JoyC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for some improvement on TPU. I guess not. thanks JackieD

Reaction score
End of an era.....

Too bad. It was fun and well worth the money I spent on my two weeks but for 14 TPU points and it costs $300 it just no longer makes sense. Add the $200 that RCI charges per trade along with $60 per year for membership and I'm looking at $560 for 7 days or $80 per night. And with that I never see anymore good trades during the peak season when my kids are not in school. So I gave my weeks back to Dik this week. I actually put the paperwork in the mail so they will get it next week while I am enjoying my last great trade, a week in Waikiki. I used an old week that had 26 points combined with another week that had 13. The trade was 39 points total at Hilton Hawaiian Village, 1 bedroom full kitchen. Had a blast trading a week for a week in Cabo, Scottsdale, San Diego, and Disneyland. None of those places with the exception of Cabo still show now based on 14 TPU points for me when we can go.

dundey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
Same here Reggie. At one time we had 5 little grass shacks. We sold a couple after black monday a few years back and got rid of another right before the switch to TPU's. The 2 we held onto still traded well, but now with 10 and 11 TPU's respectively ( for SA school holiday peak weeks no less!!) it seemed time to part ways. I thought about holding at least one to see if trade power ever comes back, but decided that if it ever happens, it will be easy enough to pick a week back up.

One is going back to the resort, the other is being sold currently.

TAG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very smooth this year

I completely forgot about my DIK maintenance fees this year. I sent payment info on 4/15, got a response from DIK on 4/16 and it looks like my weeks have been banked with RCI.

This is the smoothest, quickest, easiest experience I've had paying my DIK MF.
:clap:

shar

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seatime, Aruba Divi Phoenix, A Place at the Beach III
Perhaps Dik is paying more attention this year, because at the end of last year they finally wanted me to pay my 2012 fees. The problem was that I had tried to pay in March, April and May of 2011. I told them to late as I no longer wanted the unit and they could just take it back as RCI would no longer give me full exchange power. They never responded to my emails in early 2011 when I wanted to pay. Someone should have lost their job. I even had a person at Dik asking another person to help me and still no response. So they lost money.

Maybe my emails and proof that they had not accepted my money when I wanted to pay has changed their reaction time.

Shar

tonigirl3

Reaction score
after 17 days, weeks still NOT deposited

Very, very disappointed in Dikhololo handling of my 2 weeks. Payment for maintenance showed up on Aug.11. As of today, August 28, weeks are still not deposited into my RCI account.