• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Got an offer for 4/3 night stay at cabo

Dannyh86

Reaction score
Hi I got an offer to spend 4/3 nights at cabo at either Hilton los cabos beach and golf resort, or the Westin resort and spa. Here's the catch, I have to do their presentation at the welks sirena del mar. 120 minutes "supposedly" then I have the "luxury" of hanging out with them. Lol where we would be able to snorkel, tequila tasting, salsa dancing, etc. I am responsible for the taxes, $25-$35 a night. What do you guys think? Is it even worth the 3+ hours I will give up? Thanks to your thoughts

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would not go for any reason - how much is it worth to you to expose yourself to hours of torture?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's a nice place, but there WILL be several hours of extremely high pressure sales. You will be transported there and will not be free to leave. They will lie. In Mexico, there are not the consumer protections we take for granted here. Cabo has had a major hurricane and much damage to the infrastructure. The airport is still closed. Do you want to chance a water and electrical system that may or may not be operating properly?

It all that worth a free (well, not quite) 3 days vacation of which at least one is spent in what is to me every form of deceit, empty promises, threats, and disingenuous comment. That's up to you, but it's too high a price for me.

If I was going to do it, I'd have my rescission letter all prepared with exception of the contract numbers and sales weasel's name(s), and I'd sign the contract within the first 15 minutes and let them shower me with all the gifts, free jet-skis, gourmet meal tickets, upgrades, and whatever they offered. Then I'd finish the rescission letter and drop it at the first post office on the way out of town. Have a fresh, unused credit card to put the down payment on (don't let them sign you up for theirs) and cancel the card the hour you get back on US soil.

Good Luck!

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
So not worth the free stay?

You will lose a whole day of your vacation tied up in a beat-down sales presentation. They will transport you there, and you will find out that it will be extremely difficult to get them to take you back. They will probably make you stay there the whole day, or until you buy - seriously.

Day 1 - travel to destination
Day 2 - sales presentation
Day 3 - exhaustion from day 2
Day 4 - go home

Don't do it!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Accepting "gifts" for your attendance at a presentation is, IMHO, sort'a like prostitution.

What is letting someone spend 2-3 hours boxing your ears in exchange for a "free" hotel room?
But if you go, don't drink too much of that tequila before they hand you a pen.

Otherwise, your tequila order will read:
"I am buying your worst TS package for the highest price, and I will wake up in the morning with no idea what I did, but it's all good."

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I consider a bribe rather than prostitution, but to each his own.

What kind of room?

Monday: Check in after 4:00PM and unpack-day shot

Tuesday: get beat up and boozed all day by several pros and pay $50 cab fare to get back to home resort

Wednesday: Do your thingy

Thursday: Eat breakfast, pack and out by 10:00AM-day shot

Plane fare $500 each?????

Transportation to/from airport $100???????

Fees-$100 plus

Dannyh86

Reaction score
Yeah I think I won't go for it. Thanks for the help

Joannelitt2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cabo

I would be very careful . My friend owns at the Weston in cabo and usually goes in jan . The resort was supposed to open in dec and now they are saying feb. Besides the fact that you can rent from a owner in cabo pretty much for the cost of their maintenance fee for a week instead of owning there. I rent out my resort all the time wish I would of done that instead of buying and laying out all that cash. The sales people are very convincing and sometimes very pushy.