• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Integration Of AA & US Air FF Miles Info

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got this in my email today about combining AA & US Air FF miles:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/AAdvantage2015/index.jsp

In the second quarter of 2015, we'll reach the next milestone on our path to integration by bringing the Dividend Miles® program into the AAdvantage® loyalty program. At that time, you'll be part of one of the largest airline loyalty programs with access to one of the largest networks in the world. View a full timeline of events »

Here's what you can expect:

Transitioning to AAdvantage

If you have an AAdvantage and a Dividend Miles account, we'll combine them in the second quarter of 2015. You'll hear from us early next year with information on how to quickly and easily match your accounts online. When we combine programs, we'll move your Dividend Miles award mileage balance, elite-qualifying activity and million mile balance into your AAdvantage account on a one-to-one ratio. With your balances added together, you'll have more miles to redeem for things like flights, flight upgrades, vacation packages, car rentals, hotel stays and more. Learn how we'll combine your accounts »

If you don't have an AAdvantage account, we'll create one for you and assign you a new number when we combine our programs. Your existing Dividend Miles balances will automatically be transferred.

Earning & redeeming miles

Earning miles in the AAdvantage program is easy. You'll still be able to earn miles by making everyday purchases and by flying. Plus, you'll be able to redeem your miles for any available seat with AAnytime® Awards and for upgrades on American flights. Learn about AAnytime Awards »

With American Airlines, US Airways and our oneworld® alliance partners, you have access to nearly 1,000 destinations and your opportunities for earning and redeeming miles are endless.

Reaching elite status

The AAdvantage program has three elite status levels. Once we combine programs, you'll have three ways to qualify with elite-qualifying miles, points and segments.

Here's how it will work: (could not get the graphics loaded here, but it's on the link).

=

Last edited:

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got the same message. So glad progress is being made. We have accounts with both airlines, and once they are combined, we will have enough miles to get some FC or BC flights to HI. :cheer:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got the same message. So glad progress is being made. We have accounts with both airlines, and once they are combined, we will have enough miles to get some FC or BC flights to HI. :cheer:

Same here.

Now that I have Marriott Rewards points and the Marriott Visa, I'll be glad to use up the AA & USAir miles and be rid of the respective credit cards.

This should be interesting, but I hope there's no further devaluation in the combining.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Same here.

Now that I have Marriott Rewards points and the Marriott Visa, I'll be glad to use up the AA & USAir miles and be rid of the respective credit cards.

This should be interesting, but I hope there's no further devaluation in the combining.

American has had less devaluation so far than either Delta or United.