• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2011] Resort Ownershipship Resolutions

123wilson

Reaction score
Has anyone in TUG used Resort Ownershipship Resolutions to help you get you out of your debt and trim your points down to a good number you can use and get you a new ID number?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Has anyone in TUG used Resort Ownershipship Resolutions to help you get you out of your debt and trim your points down to a good number you can use and get you a new ID number?

I have never heard of one of these companies that was reputable. What terms are they offering you? Is there an upfront fee? That's a big red flag.

In a nutshell, if you still owe money on this timeshare, there is no legal way to get you out of your contract.

I have deleted 3 of your 4 posts on the same topic - please do not continue posting duplicate messages.

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score

Did a google check for the name. Could not find it under the name as it appears above.

Did find a hit on American Resort Resolutions and Timeshare Cancellation. The following appeared when the link is clicked on for both hits.

"This page is currently under construction, if you would like information about Timeshare Cancellation, please come back later. If you are the owner of www.AmericanResortResolutions.com please call your webmaster at 561-856-4721!"

Not to promising I would think.

Reaction score
As always, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". I relate this to home ownership. There are companies that say they will lower your "underwater", and do this and that to lower your mortgage payments. In reality, you signed for your mortgage, banks will not write off a person's "underwater" balance, it's basically a "slight of hand". Illegal? Maybe. Either way, if you paid $250000 for a home, you owe $250000 plus interest even if your home is now appraised at $125000. The interest is really the only thing that can be changed.
When you sign for a timeshare mortgage, you have a balance and that is that. If you bought 150000 annual points for $22500 (estimated) and estimated $975 per year MFs (estimated), that's what you will pay, even if the value of that property on eBay is only $100.
TS

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
As always, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". I relate this to home ownership. There are companies that say they will lower your "underwater", and do this and that to lower your mortgage payments. In reality, you signed for your mortgage, banks will not write off a person's "underwater" balance, it's basically a "slight of hand". Illegal? Maybe. Either way, if you paid $250000 for a home, you owe $250000 plus interest even if your home is now appraised at $125000. The interest is really the only thing that can be changed.
When you sign for a timeshare mortgage, you have a balance and that is that. If you bought 150000 annual points for $22500 (estimated) and estimated $975 per year MFs (estimated), that's what you will pay, even if the value of that property on eBay is only $100.
TS

Thats not true

Ive worked with several buyers and sellers of "shortsales" successfully. The banks do accept less than they are owed.

I agree that the banks wont work with their own borrower, but I think with timeshares the way to maintain ownership and negotiate out of your debt, is to buy something new on the resale market for cash and not very much of it and give up the first ownership;

Not saying that thats the right thing to do or even possible, But I do think thats what this company is suggesting.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Note that the original "inquiry" was the one and only post by this new user who hasn't logged in since January 1, 2012. May have been an attempt to get this name noticed or to potentially start a "this is a good company" thread. In any case they apparently aren't interested in our replies to the "inquiry".

joesnothome

Reaction score
VO and RO are VERY Different companies

[post removed at request of poster]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
No matter what anyone may post as a company, it's most likely "suspect". It has been posted everywhere, and is 100% true: do NOT pay ANYTHING to ANYONE to take the timeshare. If the company requires MFs to be paid off, the owner can simply pay the timeshare. Same thing with the mortgage, it should be paid off by the owner before heading to this or any PostCard Company. Charging the seller anything before the timeshare is sold is (most likely) a scam. If a company can not make it without charging the seller hundreds, or thousands, of dollars before the sale, they should find another line of business.

TS

silent truth

Reaction score
The truth

Mike Ferrari was just found guilty of fraud regarding timeshare scams he was involved in. He got 5 years. The reason that is important is he also started American resort resolutions. After he was convicted he switched it out of his name. His brother works there and his father helped him thru his contacts at the Palm Beach County Sheriff's office. His father was in internal affairs. Please dont do business with them or you will regret it. If you want to know more let me know.

:wave:

obiwantedj

Reaction score
What I know about Resort Ownership Resolutions

1. My parent's attorney just sent them a letter demanding a $25k refund for payments made against a bogus contract.

2. ROR's web site lists its head guy who happens to be one of the people arrested as a result of the FBI raid of the VO Group