• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At WKORN Jan 26 - Feb 9

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
Hi all,

My DW, Chris, and I will be at WKORN for our annual 2 week whale watch from Sunday, Jan. 26 thru Sunday Feb. 9. We would enjoy meeting any TUGers there during that time. Leave a post here and we can arrange a date and time to get together at the bar.

Greg

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha Greg!

I just replied in your car thread, rates have dropped for your dates. .

My hubby and I will be on Maui 1/28 - 2/5 not at our villa this year but over at the Sheraton, however we have another couple friends staying at the WKORV 28th - 2nd and will probably head over there for Superbowl (and few other occasions to have drinks with our friends)

We've also booked the Champagne sunset sail with Scotch Mist on the 29th

Last edited:

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be there 2/1 - 2/8. We are usually at happy hour in the south side.

waterwiz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My DW, Chris, and I will be at WKORN for our annual 2 week whale watch from Sunday, Jan. 26 thru Sunday Feb. 9. We would enjoy meeting any TUGers there during that time. Leave a post here and we can arrange a date and time to get together at the bar.

Greg

Gail and I will be at WKORV Jan. 25-Feb.22. Will look at this thread for a TUG reunion. We are pretty flexible except for Wednesdays--Slack Key night at the Napali Kai!

Tony

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
Hi Tony,

I have seen ads about the slack key night and thought about going, but haven't yet. Is it crowded or easy to get in? Is parking a problem? Is there a cover?

Greg

Sunnydude

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family will be there 2/1-2/8. Only thing I can guarantee is we will be at the pool bar watching our Hawks in the Superbowl. :)

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just moved my plans from the big island to Maui. I'll be at WKORV Feb 3-7, but do t have my schedule yet. let me know if you all plan a get-together.

Henry

waterwiz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Tony,

I have seen ads about the slack key night and thought about going, but haven't yet. Is it crowded or easy to get in? Is parking a problem? Is there a cover?

Greg

Hi Greg,

It's held at the Napili Kai. We try to get there about 6:30, they open up at 6:45. The sound check is usually going on so you get to listen to the lead artist while you wait. The tickets are $45 apiece I think. They are a bit cheaper online but there is a processing charge so the total is about the same. There is no cover. The show starts with George Kahumoko Jr. doing about 30 minutes, then the guest artist doing a performance, then a 15 minute intermission and finally a jam session with 4-5 musicians performing. It is always over by 10. It usually gets quite full by 7:30 but I don't think it sells out.

The hula is great, lots of humor, and fantastic singing and guitar playing. I really recommend it. Here is a link http://www.slackkeyshow.com/

Tony

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
Waterwiz,

Thanks for the info. Sounds like fun. I am going to try to work it into our schedule for this trip.

Greg

wannagotoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
At WKORV-N right now. Raining like the dickens but Jaws will be breaking 40' to 50'. Can't wait to see the big surf! New units seem finished but they have come in to update air conditioner and will be changing out the lamps before Thursday. So some of the final work isn't finished yet. Have a great trip, lots of whales out there.

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
After 3.5 days of rainy weather, the clouds cleared last night and the stars came out. This morning dawned clear and calm. We went out with Capt. Steve's Whale watch at 9:45 and at first were quite disappointed. Not Capt. Steve's fault. The whales were just not coming to the surface. But after about 1 1/4 hours searching, we finally found a group that was active. They had three dolphins with them. Over the next 20 minutes, they swam around and under our boat. Twice they surfaced within 20 feet of the boat. What a wonderful experience. Forecast for tomorrow is more sunny weather, but next week is looking rainy again. Cannot complain. We have had our share of great weather in February in Hawaii. Even when it rains, we are still next to the ocean and in Hawaii. :D

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
Friday was warm and sunny. Today (Saturday) has been cloudy and in the afternoon we got a deluge. My DH, Chris, and I were walking from the Villas to the Hyatt. We had just started past the Marriott when the front came through and it started raining. We got pretty wet walking the rest of the way. Once at the Hyatt, it started to really pour, with lots of wind. We had to wait about 45 minutes for it to relent so we could work our way back to the Westin to catch the shuttle. Wow, it really rained. The path was flooded in places with 2-4 inches of water. Weather forecasts are for more rain tomorrow and the rest of next week. We will see.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
At WKORV-N right now.....New units seem finished but they have come in to update air conditioner and will be changing out the lamps before Thursday. So some of the final work isn't finished yet. Have a great trip, lots of whales out there.

New units? I don't believe there are any new units at this resort....