• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

a happy ending...............

MRSFUSSY

Reaction score
Hello fellow tuggers, please follow..............
Monday: DH had appointment with urologist, came out to the car afterwards and said that the Dr. told him he has a tumor on the prostrate, probably cancer & needed radiation/ or procedure to freeze the tumor.

Tuesday: Calls back & forth to the Dr.'s office. Never got the Dr., but did speak to the RN. One sec'y(?) told me that there was nothing in his file that indicated radiation/freezing. She would speak to the RN again and call back.
Didn't happen.

Wedneday: Dr, not avai;able until Friday.

Thursday: A waiting day.

Friday AM early. The Dr. called, full of so sorrys, spoke of embarassment, inconvenience etc. The incorrect lab results were in my husband's file & when the Dr. explained the procedures to my husbnd the Dr. never noticed that there was a different name on the document. No cancer, no tumor.

Forever on: That was the worst 4 days of our marriage. Mistakes happen but with a little effort hopefully things like this coul be avoided.

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
I'm so sorry you went through this. I can't even imagine what was going through your minds. What a wonderful outcome though ~ wish more people were a little more careful in their work! :doh:

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
Hello fellow tuggers, please follow..............
Monday: DH had appointment with urologist, came out to the car afterwards and said that the Dr. told him he has a tumor on the prostrate, probably cancer & needed radiation/ or procedure to freeze the tumor.

i hope you were at least going to get another opinion before doing something like radiation??

I would have at least 2 opinions before something that crazy..

[Political comment deleted - Please review the "REMINDER Political Posts Not Permitted" Global Announcement above.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is great news to hear after the terrible mix-up. Now go out and celebrate!

Dori

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
great NEWS! Stinks they messed it up - but so glad it was a happy ending!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
At least the mistake was caught in time!

Something I saw in courtroom in a misdemeanor case...
Judge: "I sentence you to six months in jail. Bailiff..."
Defendant: "Wait a minute, Judge. I was told there would be no jail."
Judge: "Umm, sorry. You're.... That sentence was for a different defendant. So, six months probation."

Joyce

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shame on the DR!! Things like this go back to grade school when the teacher says "check your work carefully"!!!
I was in the hospital a few years ago for knee surgery when the Dr. for the patient in the next bed came in and said "We can easily remove that brain tumor". The patient was astounded and then the Dr. said "Oh, sorry wrong patient." There are too many mistakes in our lives now but also many miracles. Let's all hope for the latter.