• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SuperBowl Food

rosebud5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking for some good ideas for SuperBowl. What will you be preparing and serving during the "big dance"?

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year I made wings for the first time ever, and everyone raved about them.

I got several big bags of frozen wings, which turned out to be pretty big pieces. I parboiled them first for a few minutes in an attempt to get rid of some of the fat, and then sprinkled on a lot of chili powder, garlic powder, and envelopes of Good Seasons Italian dressing mix, till they were all well coated. Then I put then on a rack in a big pan and baked them till they were nice and brown.

Veggies and dip (made with light sour cream and Good Seasons + instant onions, and light sour cream + hidden valley ranch mix, in each case using only half of the dry mixes b/c of sodium)

Also my chili - ground beef, lots of onion and garlic - chili powder and cumin seed - reduced sodium beef broth, and cans of rinsed beans, various kinds. NO tomato.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
giant crockpot of queso dip!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have laid in a huge lasagna (a fund raising from the local senior center). A ring of giant shrimp (I know, an oxymoron). Chips, warm artichoke/jalapeno dip. Lots of veggies. Sufficient adult beverages of the red, white, amber, and more spirited varieties.

Firewood for the fireplaces. A possibility of snow, and no one has to drive anywhere.

Go Pack! DW is a Wisconsin girl. I have to support them.

Jim Ricks

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cheese, of course! :D

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I make queso dip too:

In a large microwave safe bowl heat the following for 2-3 min.:

1 can of refried beans
1 jar of salsa
2 C. shredded cheese
optional - cooked and drained spicy Mexican sausage
(You can double or triple the ingredients for a big group.)

Stir together until well-blended and heat for 3-5 more min. and stir again.

Keep hot in a crock pot during the game & serve with tortilla chips.

Last edited:

MelBay

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

A friend turned me onto Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip. Oh so bad for your waistline & heart, but really nice on the tastebuds:

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 (12 ounce) bottles hot sauce ( use whole bottle or just half, if desired. I use Frank's Red Hot Original)
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (16 ounce) bottles bleu cheese salad dressing ( or can use ranch or 8 oz blue cheese and ranch)
2/3 cup chopped celery
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 3 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend

Directions

Preaheat oven top 350.

In a large bowl, mix shredded chicken, celery and cheese.

In a saucepan over med-low heat, combine cream cheese and salad dressing and stir until smooth. Stir in bottle of hot sauce ( don't have to use entire bottle if you want it milder). Pour heated mixture into bowl with chicken mixture. Stir to mix well.

Pour into a 13" x 9" baking pan. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until bubbly----make sure top doesn't get browned. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve warm OR cold-----tastes best warm--- with celery or other veggies and crackers.

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am bringing cheesey potatoes to a party we are going to. Baked in a dish--hash browns, sour cream, cream of chx soup, butter, onions, shredded cheese--topped with crushed corn flakes and butter. No low cal options--thats for sure. dawn

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
CRAB PIZZA. Cream cheese, garlic powder, dash of worchestshire topped with cocktail sauce and crab pieces! Add your favorite club chip and scoop away!:D

lvhmbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
DH is making his chili to take to a party. Don't forget cheddar cheese, oyster crackers (they're less messy than saltines) and onions on the side. I'm also bringing relish for the hotdogs (they didn't have it last time :eek: ). Go Steelers!!!!

CapriciousC

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the easiest party foods I've ever made was recommended to me by my mom. Take frozen, pre-made meatballs (I prefer ones made from ground turkey, but beef would work as well) - put them in a crock pot with several jars of sweet and sour sauce. Cook on low for a few hours. That's it - I've taken these to parties, pot luck events at work, and made them for gatherings here at the house, and people always ask me for the "recipe". Makes me feel a bit guilty, honestly :)

rosebud5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Being originally from BUffalo and still suffering from 4 straight loses in the early 90's, I decided to have Buffalo night. Chicken Wings, Beef on Weck and poor mans pierogies. Yum..