• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Resort near FLL?

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to rent a week somewhere around Fort Lauderdale for [Details deleted.] my wife and I's anniversary. (I already posted a want ad in the marketplace)

My question is what resort in the area are the favorites? I have never been to this area and am just looking for recommendations. Needs to be reasonable driving distance (1-2 hours) from FLL because this is by far the cheapest airport for us to fly into, but we will rent a car.

Any advice is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

stratusnj75

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stay at the Wyndham Royal Vista in Pompano Beach, a very short drive from FLL. Was on the beach. Several pools, tiki bar. Not too big and didn't feel crowded.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I prefer the the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort (II or RCI).

Short block off the beach, 18 story building .. units face either the OCEAN (remember, that is where the SUN comes up early each AM) or the intercoastal waterway (sunset and small boat or sail boat traffic .. another very short block from resort). 150 units (1bdr or 2 bdr units). Has studios units .. but no balcony and just a BED with 2 wooden chairs to sit on.

Yes, it is an older building ... and if it was on the market TODAY, each 1bdr 'condo' for sell for almost a $1,000,000. Has a heated pool, nice hot tub, saunas, free parking (if you MUST has a car ... 10 minute by cab ride from airport). Resort has the exact SAME companies for tours that sell & pickup from Royal Vista (which I also own at) ... but the FLBR, has a full time conceigor desk for making all reservations, dining plans, tour suggestions, and recommendations (for about 30 years in the area ... been at FLBR for past 5+ years). Tiki bar is right by the pool ... run by the resort.

Love the "World Famous Parrot Bar" (sports bar, dated 1971 with same owner, kitchen with hot food, 27 TVs with cable TV package option under the sun, oval bar or tables or booths. Open 7 days a week. Or the 24 hour/7 day a week Pizza joint. The Irish Pub (no food served, but can bring in your own). The Subway store. The sitdown Italian place around the corner. Or walk 3-4 blocks to the Gallery Mall for their collection of 4 sit down dining (Capital Grill Steaks, PFChaings, and 2 other major chains).

FLBR is fixed deeded weeks ... so an owner will tell you exactly WHAT they are renting to you. Experienced owners can ask the Front Desk to assign you to a resort inventory unit of a different/desirable view.

Royal Vista is 6 miles further NORTH of FLBR ... is nice, but the only food within an easy stroll is pizza & sandwiches at a bar across the street in a strip mall. Must have car and then drive around the suburbs looking for places to eat.

Lou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another vote for the Fort Lauderdale Beach resort. Nice resort in a good location with restaurants and shopping nearby or within walking distance.:)

Here There

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any comments re Marriott's BeachPlace Towers...besides parking costing $$? I have an exchange late in Oct and plan to ditch the rental car after driving up from Key West & shopping at the local Publix.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Any comments re Marriott's BeachPlace Towers...besides parking costing $$? I have an exchange late in Oct and plan to ditch the rental car after driving up from Key West & shopping at the local Publix.

We have stayed a couple of times in Hollywood Fl at Hollywood Beach Tower. One bedroom 2 bath units. Right on the boardwalk with lots of shops and restaurants. If is just the two of you is a nice romantic spot. Right near the beach too.
Silentg

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another vote for the Fort Lauderdale Beach resort. Nice resort in a good location with restaurants and shopping nearby or within walking distance.:)

I'm ok with the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort but if it is just the two of you and location is more important than luxury, one I like (and used to own) is the Berkshire Beach Club in Deerfield Beach. Right on the beach, nice small pool and less than a 5 minute walk from some very nice bars and restaurants.

George