• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Pacific Palisades "convert" to HGVC Points

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld, Bay Club at Waikoloa, Hilton Hawaiian Village.
Hello I own a EOY unit at Grand Pacific Palisades before HGVC was affiliated with it. I was wondering if anyone on this forum who owns GPP has ever converted or as I have heard traded-in to get to use the HGVC point system. If so, are there any cost? Is this what HGVC considers an upgrade? My whole goal is to not spend $10K again on a new timeshare purchase. I just would like more vacation option.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will need to spend at least $10K to do this. You can either trade in your current contract towards a new purchase, or buy the smallest retail thing they are selling (Marbrisa studio EOY) and they will convert your current GPP to HGVC with the purchase. If you decide to sell the Marbrisa contract, your GPP will revert back to a regular GPP week without HGVC.

EDIT TO ADD: You can buy a resale HGVC located somewhere else on resale for a low amount and then get rid of your GPP if you no longer use it.

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you presley. GPP member services said they will have the sales person call me. I think you right and they will try have me trade in and sell me another unit. $10k is too much for me to spend at this time. I think I will take your advice on purchasing a HGVC resale since its cheaper. Would you know if the market value on my GPP without the HGVC is worth anything or even selling?

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you know if the market value on my GPP without the HGVC is worth anything or even selling?
It will depend on the unit. If it is a fixed summer week, you'll be able to sell it for something.

Prices have dropped since I bought mine, but to give you an idea of what I paid on Ebay, I bought my 2Bedroom ocean view annual float for $1500. and a one bedroom EOY park view for $1. You can also look at redweek.com to see what people are asking. They aren't necessarily selling at the listed price.

If you bought from the developer, you will be able to list it for sale through them at whatever price they decide they want to sell it for. They will take 30 or 40% of the sale as commission, but at least you won't have to deal with any lookyloos. It can take a year to sell.

djrsin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It will depend on the unit. If it is a fixed summer week, you'll be able to sell it for something.

Prices have dropped since I bought mine, but to give you an idea of what I paid on Ebay, I bought my 2Bedroom ocean view annual float for $1500. and a one bedroom EOY park view for $1. You can also look at redweek.com to see what people are asking. They aren't necessarily selling at the listed price.

If you bought from the developer, you will be able to list it for sale through them at whatever price they decide they want to sell it for. They will take 30 or 40% of the sale as commission, but at least you won't have to deal with any lookyloos. It can take a year to sell.

Thanks for the info.