• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Airfare to Aruba

22go

Reaction score
We will be going to Aruba in November. I have been watching airfare since the end of March and the rates are now $100 more per person than if I had booked in March. I have heard that the Caribbean airfare will only keep going up. Is this true? Should I book now or hope for a drop? Thanks

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Try using a website such as Kayak.com or Yapta.com to "shop" and track your airfaire.
I'm going to Aruba in June and was able to get a flight from BTV (Vermont) on Jetblue for about $620 but fares have continually gone up since.
The great thing about Jetblue is that if you book your tickets but the price goes down, they will issue you a credit for the difference (which must be used within a year) with no deductible. I did this last fall on a trip to Orlando and got a $120 credit which I applied to my Aruba trip.
Sign up for Yapta's notifications for fare pricing and they will send you an email if the price goes below what you paid. The email also gives you instructions on how to get your refund.
Kayak and Yapta also have charts that predict the probability of the fare going up or down in the coming weeks (as well as show the history) in general terms for all airlines that fly to the destination.

Good luck!

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We go weeks 51 and 52 annually. Last year I paid about $500 pp from Buffalo. I book the day they go into the computer, this year they were $705 pp. they are already over $900. Jet Blue from Buffalo for this year is over $1000 pp. we always fly US Air. I would think for November the price would only go up. From NYC I would go Jet Blue because there is no change fee.

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try using a website such as Kayak.com or Yapta.com to "shop" and track your airfaire.
I'm going to Aruba in June and was able to get a flight from BTV (Vermont) on Jetblue for about $620 but fares have continually gone up since.
The great thing about Jetblue is that if you book your tickets but the price goes down, they will issue you a credit for the difference (which must be used within a year) with no deductible. I did this last fall on a trip to Orlando and got a $120 credit which I applied to my Aruba trip.
Sign up for Yapta's notifications for fare pricing and they will send you an email if the price goes below what you paid. The email also gives you instructions on how to get your refund.
Kayak and Yapta also have charts that predict the probability of the fare going up or down in the coming weeks (as well as show the history) in general terms for all airlines that fly to the destination.

Good luck!

YAPTA rules!

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
I just got a Yapta notification that my flight had dropped by $95! I'm calling tomorrow morning for my credit! :whoopie:

Purseval

Reaction score
We applied for an Airtran Visa card with an offer of 2 free round trips after you completed an initial purchase amount. We are using our free trips to fly to Aruba in August. We also get 2 free Business Class upgrades so we'll probably use them on the flight to Aruba. You may want to check around to see if Airtran still has that offer going on.

winnipiseogee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love Yapta

We are in aruba the first week in december. The only direct flights from Boston are on Jet Blue (with 2 babies we need to fly direct). Flights had been costing $1,100 RT and whats more crazy is that people were buying tiks at that price (or at least seats were disappearing).

I had pretty much given up hope for the trip then YAPTA came through yesterday - $525 per tik for my 5 tiks!!!

So excited to have the trip confirmed. We've never been to Aruba before.

arubanut

Reaction score
We are in aruba the first week in december. The only direct flights from Boston are on Jet Blue (with 2 babies we need to fly direct). Flights had been costing $1,100 RT and whats more crazy is that people were buying tiks at that price (or at least seats were disappearing).

I had pretty much given up hope for the trip then YAPTA came through yesterday - $525 per tik for my 5 tiks!!!

So excited to have the trip confirmed. We've never been to Aruba before.

It's all a game the Airlines play and we have to play along and catch that one day it goes down in price.

Great time to go, between the holidays!

Have a GREAT time!!!!