• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Borrowing BG points for RCI

Reaction score
I own 20K BG points and want two 1-beds at SSR. I have 20K that expire at the end of this month, but show bookable for up to 6 months from today, which I plan to book a room in May with. That will cost 11K and I will have 9K left. I need another 2K to get another 1-bed at SSR. I also have 20K that come to me March 1, but are showing in RCI as not bookable until 6 months from now, when the window from my current points end (this changes every day by one day, so that they never overlap). So in a way, my current points are "pushing back" my upcoming points in RCI (hope that make sense to someone who uses BG through RCI, as its hard to explain). First, can I somehow "borrow" 2K from my upcoming 20K to use with my remaining current 9K? If not, when my current 20K are used or expire at the end of this month, will I be able to immediately use my upcoming 20K starting March 1 to book a second room for May (instead of 6 months from now like it currently says), since my current points will no longer be "pushing back" my upcoming points?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Are the 20K you have in your account now already saved points?
Only saved points are restricted to a 6 month RCI exchange window.....so I am not sure you are reading it correctly.

If you paid your maint fee last November then you can call BG and ask them to add your "future" points that become usable 3/1/16 to your account now so you can access them.

Your account would then read in RCI that you have 40 K points good to be exchange 2 years out.
If the 20K points have already been saved and expire 2/29/16, you need to trade them NOW for something within 6 months or you will lose them.

If the 20 K points are in fact this years points there is no restriction to trading only 6 months out. By asking for your 3/1/16 to be added to your account, This will allow you to trade for May using your oldest points first and access the 2K you need for the second reservation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
These are points that were already in the account when it was transferred into my name, so I don't know for sure, but I assume they are not saved points because under I am able to save them (I have not yet because I assumed that meant I could not use them in RCI, it would be great if I am wrong, as I'd like to have a little more time to use them).

When I log into my RCI it says this:

Travel Window Total Points

7-Feb-2016 -
5-Aug-2016 20000

6-Aug-2016 -
7-Feb-2018 20000

The actual dates change each day, but the first window is always 6 months and the second is always 1.5 years. I will be paying my MFs this month since they are due in March, and it will be great if I can then use them together. Let me ask you, if I play them tonight online, will it be automatic? Or will I have to wait for BG to do something?

Thank you so much for answering both of my questions! You have been a great help :)

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
These are points that were already in the account when it was transferred into my name, so I don't know for sure, but I assume they are not saved points because under I am able to save them (I have not yet because I assumed that meant I could not use them in RCI, it would be great if I am wrong, as I'd like to have a little more time to use them).

When I log into my RCI it says this:

Travel Window Total Points

7-Feb-2016 -
5-Aug-2016 20000

6-Aug-2016 -
7-Feb-2018 20000

The actual dates change each day, but the first window is always 6 months and the second is always 1.5 years. I will be paying my MFs this month since they are due in March, and it will be great if I can then use them together. Let me ask you, if I play them tonight online, will it be automatic? Or will I have to wait for BG to do something?

Thank you so much for answering both of my questions! You have been a great help :)

Okay, these are NOT saved points so you can use them all the way out to February 2018.
However, From what you have said, they will expire on 2/29/16 soooooo you need to make your exchange now to be able to use them two years out. If it gets close to 2/29 and you have not used them yet,me sure to pay the "save points" fee of $35 dollars online so you do not lose them.

Best to wait until tomorrow, pay the fee over the phone and at the same time request they move your future points into your account at that time. That will give you 40K to play with.

But don't forget to save them if you do not use them all before the expiration date.

You can use saved points in RCI but only 6 months out and you can use them to reserve BG resorts but only in blue, white and red time.

So you dates would read
February 7, 2016 to August 5,2016 40,000
August 6, 2016 to February 6, 2018 20,000

HTHs