• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Banff Rocky Mountain RCI

Reaction score
Hello, I am fairly new so sorry in advance if I dropped this in the wrong location. I am most likely purchasing a 2 bdrm fixed week 52 at the Banff Rocky Mountain resort. The lady I am purchasing it from insists that the rci points from the week is around 20 and that she has 60 banked with RCI that I can have. I have confirmed multiple times with her but the numbers don't make sense to me. I currently own a Wyndham Bonnet Creek that trades in the hundreds of thousands of points. There is no possible way this has such a bad trading power that it would take a few thousand years to get a week equivalent of mine. Does rci have different points systems? Or is she mistaken? I have googled a lot but can not find a points chart or trade in value for this resort anywhere. Thanks in advance. Have a beautiful day!

travel maniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI has different points system than Wyndham. Experts can confirm/deny but IMHO, you will do better finding another resort if you are solely looking at exchanging (using the points to go somewhere else). If you can use the week every year @ the resort, it MAY be worth purchasing.

Reaction score
Thankyou

Thanks for answering. We only live an hour away and believe we can utilize it yearly over New Years between ourselves and friends/clients. I did not realize the point system I use through wyndham rci was different from other rci points, and am guessing I can't simply add her points to my existing rci membership somehow:(

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
20 sounds more like tpu not points. RCI has two system, weeks that trade in tpu and points that trade in thousands.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
David - you will have 2 different RCI accounts. The one you currently have thru the Wyndham portal, and one thru the Banf week. The Banf week will trade as a weeks account thru RCI and be awarded Trade Power Units (TPUs) - sounds like 20 a week and she has banked 3 weeks for 60. (The owner will need to transfer those to your new RCI account.)