• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Primary Distribution Inc. [RCI rental scam]

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a call from a company called Primary Distribution Inc (855-214-9612) reminding me that I have four weeks of RCI Extra Vacations that will be expiring March 31st. We have RCI as part of our HGVC ownership. I'm puzzled by the call. She didn't say she was from RCI. She didn't want any information from me. She didn't try to sell me anything. Was this truly just a reminder or is there an angle I'm not seeing?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is a common scam - they are softening you up for a sales pitch in which they tell you that for an upfront fee, they can rent these weeks for you. If you pay them, they will steal the upfront fee.

RCI does not permit you to rent any of their products, including exchanges and Getaways.

Guest Certificates are for guests - not renters.

*If you search for the phone number, you will see that it's involved in a number of different scams/different names:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-855-214-9612

*According to the reports, the upfront fee is $1,100 - $1,400 - Yeah right!

I would not talk to them when they call back - hopefully, you didn't give them any info.

Now that you have talked to them, you have been identified as a possible mark, and you are very likely to get lots more calls. Don't talk to them. Use your caller ID, and if you don't recognize the number, don't answer the phone. A legitimate caller will leave a message.

Last edited:

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a common scam - they are softening you up for a sales pitch in which they tell you that for an upfront fee, they can rent these weeks for you. If you pay them, they will steal the upfront fee.

RCI does not permit you to rent any of their products, including exchanges and Getaways.

Guest Certificates are for guests - not renters.

I would not talk to them when they call back - hopefully, you didn't give them any info.

If you search for this number, you will see that it's involved in a number of different scams:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-855-214-9612

Thanks to TUG I am highly cautious with any timeshare related phone call :) I did not and will not give them any information.

So this is the first of a series of calls that I may receive from PDI. I'll be ignoring any subsequent calls! Thanks for explaining what is going on :)

cdn_travellr

TUG Member
Reaction score
The thing I wonder about these calls (we've had several, not from this company but from others like it) is they know where we own our timeshare and if we have unused weeks. Where are they getting this info? It must be someone at the timeshare company or RCI who's spilling the beans to the fraudsters.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where are they getting this info? It must be someone at the timeshare company or RCI who's spilling the beans to the fraudsters.

This has been discussed a number of times on these boards. While there is no concrete evidence to what you are saying, the evidence seems to indicate that you are correct. It's likely an employee (or former employee) of the exchange company who has access to this information and selling it on the side. They also appear to be selling this info to the infamous upfront fee scammers.