• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta, PV, second thoughts, still here ADVISE

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Contract says five business days signed Saturday Sunday is considered non-business day so Thursday is good also contracts assured me by making appointment I was also covered. This is miserable stress to have vacation.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't believe anything they tell you, unless you have it in writing. Making an appointment is not the same as notice of cancellation! To be safe, drop off a letter today. It can be very simple, with language as suggested by Jim.

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
We rescind tomorrow in person made appt!! Thanks

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

It's better if you mail in the cancellation. They won't let you leave the "appointment" until they talk you into keeping it.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm glad you posted your question in time. You are a good friend.

Do NOT go in person. Do NOT call. They will keep your friend there, and sweeten the deal with worthless add-ons (free RCI weeks, free points, etc), as long as it takes to pressure her into keeping the timeshare.

Just have her place a letter of rescission in the mail TODAY.

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Vidanta really take ownership of traded timeshares

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Why do you have one you want to "trade in"?
They work with a company that you have to pay another $599-799 to that company and then they try to dispose of it. They often get it done but sometimes they don't and you could end up with both the old and new timeshare.

This is why you didn't need to have an appointment. You had an appointment with someone in sales. They are trying to rope you back in. All the same reasons not to buy still apply. Hopefully you gave them the rescind letter and are done.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Vidanta really take ownership of traded timeshares

In a word- no. They might put some high end (hotel based- Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton) ones in their inventory for internal exchanges, but generally, they turn them over to a shady third party disposal outfit that puts them on eBay for a buck.

This 'trade-in' ruse it just a trick to make people think they are getting something for an unwanted TS that they are paying MF on. Then they can lie people into paying tens of thousands for one of theirs.

REALLY- Just DHL a rescission letter. You'll sleep better. Vida is stringing you along. They are playing you like a trophy trout.

Jm

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far ok kinda slow the might have thought about talking us into staying but my friend is pretty worked up. Filling out feedback form

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Omg signed paperwork processing taking a long time it's like there payback for cancelling lady is not pleasant but I feel very assured that it is cancelled . Though they have made us feel like we list the golden egg. Ugh. Never again!!!

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well still here over an hour but they processing credit card omg they can be horrible

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Omg I feel like such a sap they sold us destino unlimited

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so upset we agreed to destini unlimited and they lied and I'm exhausted with people and feel so stupid

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Don't beat yourself up! Remember that they are professionals at giving the high-pressure sales pitches to the common vacationer. Give yourself credit for questioning what you signed and rescinding while you still could. We see lots of people that come here long after the sales pitch and are stuck.

Kurt

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
A vacation club omg I'm totally upset they are going to see a fat white woman go spastic I'm so angry

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I go back again just feel stupid and exhausted

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
You should still be able to rescind that. Are they telling you you can't?

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it rescinded got my refund for timeshare and then vacation club think I scared them last thing they want is someone going hysterical. Ing what a stressor

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We told you to do it by mail. And that if you tried to do it in person that it would be Extreme pressure, and that even if successful, you will be treated as a pariah.

Didn't believe us, huh? Thought it would be easy to just drop by the desk on the way to the pool, huh?

Now. If you aren't totally scared off, stick around. Learn what you need to know. Rent a few different TS systems. Stay away from Mexican ones, and Westgate. If, and really- it's a BIG if- you want to buy, buy resale. But honestly, at the rate MFs are going up, you can rent for about the same price, with nearly zero buy-in cost.

Now go enjoy what's left of your vacation. Have a beer. Or a margarita. You deserve it.

Jim

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got myself a Bottle of rum. Lol thanks to all I know I made it more difficult on myself. Good thing though is I'm now a member of tugs

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I go back again just feel stupid and exhausted

Sounds like you went back and talked to sales again and they sold her/you on something else? (Perhaps you didn't have a chance to see the previous warnings.) DO NOT GO BACK TO SALES. Either go to Customer Service and insist both transactions be completely cancelled, or--better yet--mail a rescission (cancellation notice) immediately. As long as the letter is dated prior the the end of the 5-day rescission period, you will be fine.

The rescission instructions should be in the contract--if you cannot find them, go to Customer Service. Don't delay on this.

Best of luck.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Glad you accomplished your goal

The owner service / contract dept for Vidanta is professional and will do what you ask
You will get pitched improvements or a better price etc. but if you say no - it is not what you want ( more than once to more than one person ) you will accomplish your goal .Consider it like returning clothes that you bought but decided did not fit your style .

The reason for doing your rescinding on site is that you know it is done .
Doing it by mail ( with a receipt ) means you do not have to talk to anyone - but you may keep worrying during the rest of your vacation .

Your choice

If you read other TUG threads in the Mexican TS forum
Visa/ Vidanta / Mayan you will get more information - if needed

Personal opinion - Even after reading all the posts since I wrote this - I would still do it it person --because --worrying if the post office burnt down at the same time that I lost my wallet with the receipt would give me worse anxiety .

But that is me
others may prefer the mail route
A good ending in any case
And a new. TUG member who saved themselves $$$

Last edited:

Solski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alls good got refund and a good lesson. Will say the Vidanta grand Mayan crew on me .... But I've learned I'm not ready to attempt to buy a timeshare