• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

anyone been to curacao or tobago?

alliebrian

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to Curacao or Tobago? How are those islands? any activities for older teens? Kiteboarding? Snorkeling? Friendly people? any info is appreciated thanks.

Karen

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Karen,

See this previous Tug post for some info on Tobago

Richard

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I spent a week at the Sandy Point Beach Club in Tobago several years ago. We went for the SCUBA diving and it was great! It seems to me that there were opportunities for snorkeling, but we didn't go on those trips.
We found the locals to be very friendly and the resort gave us the opportunity to meet some Europeans. It seems that a lot of the units at that resort are owned by Europeans. The culture in Tobago is very different from that on other Caribbean islands such as the Cayman Islands and Aruba where most of the tourists are from the US.
We took a rainforest tour that was very interesting.
The resort itself didn't have a beach when we were there. Apparently it comes and goes with the seasons.
I didn't see any kiteboarding or other activities that might appeal to teens, unless they enjoy the kinds of things we did.

gretel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Via Roma, San Luis Bay Inn
Curacao

I've stayed at the Marriott in Curacao. On the plus side, the beaches were beautiful and the island had little tourism except for the cruise ships. We drove around but didn't see very much (it's mostly desert). The minus side, I felt that the natives were not too thrilled with tourists invading their island, particularly Americans. Most of the visitors are Dutch. When the cruise ships come in, the downtown area gets packed and then the ships leave and everything closes up.

In sum, I wouldn't return. I think there are prettier and friendlier places to visit. JMHO

scotlass

TUG Member
Reaction score
We also spent a week in Tobago several years ago, and also at the Sandy Point Beach Club and did the rain forest tour also. We really liked the resort and the island, very green with lots of high hills. However, in my ongoing quest for week 3 in January, I checked recent reviews of this resort and not all were favorable. Having said that, the grounds were lovely and it was a short walk to an acceptable beach. Lots of Brits there as they have direct flights from London and Manchester. If it hadn't been for the negative reviews, I would have inlcuded this in my list of requests for January 2008.

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
We were in Curacao in July and stayed at the Kura Hulanda BeachResort in Westpunt. We loved it. It is a perfect resort for divers. I wrote a TUG review but for some reason it hasn't been posted :shrug: The locals at first seem indifferent but once you talk with them they open up and are very friendly. The beaches are beautiful and we would definitely go back.

njsueb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curacao

We go to Curacao every year and love it there! Snorkeling is great and we hear that it's a divers' delight! The Sea Aquarium is great for young and old to swim with the dolphins or watch the dolphins train in the mornings. The clubs on Mambo Beach are usually always hopping-especially when the US Navy ships come in! We met a group of teachers a couple of years ago and they met some great sailors!

All in all, Curacao is a great place to relax, get some sun and relaxation if you're older...like us. My 12 year old was bored-should have brought a friend for her to hang out with.

Willemstadt is nice for shopping and picture taking-we didn't go into town when the cruise ships were in.

If you're looking for lots of activites, Curacao is not the place to go.